PDA

View Full Version : www.shoutcast.com

captain
09-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Just wanted to share this site with everyone.

You really need high speed internet to use it, but it is internet streaming music - any genre, any artist, absolutely fantastic.

I am listening to 80's music (which I LOVE) at work ...... :D
Bopping in my chair .......... doing web design .........

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh - bliss!!!

Let me know what you think .....ShoutCast (http://www.shoutcast.com)

dukedogsmom
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
I would love to listen but I'm at work and when I click to listen, it won't open, just gives me the option to save which I can't do. Looks like a good site.

captain
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Val,

These instructions were posted on the site. Maybe they help?
This for the 80's channel - www.club977.com

Club 977 Offers 4 major formats to listen to our station; Real Audio, Windows Media Player, Apple iTunes and SHOUTcast/Winamp. Although our main site only offers high-speed connections (mostly due to the availability of high-speed and the number of people with a 128kbs connection and above), Club 977 does not want to exclude those dial-up users because their local ISP won't offer high-speed. So, below are links for "Low Bandwidth" users.

Instructions:
You will first need to download the player of your choice then choose your connection speed. To download your player of choice, click the logo and follow the steps they provide. Once you have downloaded and installed your player of choice, choose the corresponding connection and enjoy!

I know that I had to change some settings on my work network to get it working. SOme companies block this type of thing.

Almita
09-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I just love listening to music so yea I will check it out!!!