PDA

View Full Version : CoCo again. :(

Kfamr
09-29-2005, 05:42 PM
I guess my Monica had just called asking if we were interested in CoCo. She got out again and Monica was thinking she'd be happier with another dog to be with.

I didn't get to talk to her but my mom did. I'm going to e-mail her.
I'm very upset and wish there was some way I could get my parents to let me take her. :( I do believe Monica is trying her hardest with her but CoCo lived with 3 other dogs before and I do believe she misses the canine companionship she had before.
I hope they don't get rid of her. She's had so many homes in her short lived life thus far. :(

-sigh- I wish I knew what to do.

slleipnir
09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Poor CoCo...Do you think there is a chance your parents would let you take her??? I hope she settles in or something :(

Jamieejo85
09-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Aw, Kay I am sorry to hear this. I hope that if she does need to be re homed that she goes with you or at least another dog loving family:( Please keep us updated, I'd like to know how it all turns out:)

CagneyDog
09-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Poor baby. :( Are you positive your parents dont want another fourth muttlie ;)?

I hope everything works out for Coco.

wolf_Q
09-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Aw, that would be great if your parents would let you take her. Maybe at least yes to fostering her for a while?

Would Monica maybe be able to adopt another dog for Coco's company?

Ginger's Mom
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
I am very sorry to hear that. I don't know what Monica's home is like, but I would ask the same thing Amy asked, could she consider adopting a second dog. If not, would she be willing to give Coco a little more time to adjust. She has two children who may be able to help keep her active and occupied, and Coco may be able to transfer her affection to them. Maybe she just needs some time to adjust, she hasn't been anywhere long enough to learn to bond with humans yet. Whatever happens I hope for the best for everyone involved. I am sure you will do whatever you can to help, whether it is just advise on how to work with her, or playdates to satsify Coco canine companionship needs, or whatever. Fingers crossed for Coco to find a happy home.

Kfamr
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
if i could take her i would have done it already

lizbud
09-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
if i could take her i would have done it already

Well, that pretty much says it all then.:( I guess her kids are too young to take an interest in playing much with Coco. She
probably needs a lot more attention with training and such. It's
a darn shame really, Coco seemed like such a sweet & agreeable
kind of dog. I hope she gets the great home that she deserves.

Suki Wingy
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
How far is she? Can you co-own her or something? Maybe you could make a deal with your parents that she comes over on the weekends or something. That would be the next best thing.

Daisy and Delilah
09-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Oh no Kay!! What can we do to convince your parents to let you take her? Co-owning would be great if you can do it. What a sweetheart Coco is and she fits in so well with the Muttlies. Could your Mom and Dad allow just one more doggie to come into the house? The more the merrier. Right? Do you think Monica would be willing to help out with her upkeep if you could take her? Maybe your parents would be more receptive if you all could get some help with extra expenses. Good luck:( :)

chocolatepuppy
09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Coco Kay. :( She seems like such a nice dog. Is there any chance you can work with Monica to help her make things work? Or maybe a chance you could help find her a good home? I don't know about Monica getting a second dog for Coco, she is giving up on Coco too easily. :(

Kfamr
09-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I've already tried asking my parents and i've been crying all night because of this. It isn't something they're going to let me do.

If I could, I would.

I don't really know if they plan on getting rid of her, they just asked if we wanted her. She adored us, she adores our dogs. Monica thinks she's missing having canine companions. I didn't get a chance to talk with her, only my mom did.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Could Coco come to play with your 3 for a while each day or two do you think? That way she'd get some exercise and enjoy spending some time with other dogs.

Kfamr
09-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I told them she could come and visit whenever.

k9krazee
09-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I really hope she takes you up on that offer, maybe she needs a bit more time to settle in...whatever happens I am wishing her and her family the best!

beeniesmom
09-29-2005, 09:42 PM
sorry about this.
your pm box is full.

Karen
09-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Perhaps she could come on a regular "play date" with the muttlies, then back home to her people. Then she'd be tuckered out, and they could get used to each other more ...

Or convince them to get her a sibling.

Good luck, sweetie, whatever happens, you know we're here for you, and only want the best for CoCo, like you do!

luvofallhorses
09-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Oh, Kay. :( I am so sorry about CoCo...I will pray that there is something in store for that sweetie. There HAS to be something in store for her. Don't give up hope.

((((HUGS)))) Please keep us updated.

caseysmom
09-29-2005, 11:59 PM
How heartbreaking. I am sure your parents are struggling with it too even if they don't show it. Dogs can get expensive, they are probably worried about the money.

She is an adorable dog, if they got her from a rescue the rescue should help them rehome her, it just scares me with a rottie about who might want her.

RobiLee
09-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I hope everything works out, Kay. I'm not for sure who CoCo is. I'll have to try and backtrack and see what I can find out.

Samantha Puppy
09-30-2005, 07:54 AM
:( Oh, this sucks Kay... I wish you could take her too - she seemed to fit in so well with your pups. Have you tried sitting down calmly with your parents and asking them to explain their feelings on the matter - no raised voices, no tears, no whining, etc.?

Maybe Monica would be interested in bringing CoCo over for regular playdates if you can't take her in permanently. :( Keep us posted...

jazzcat
09-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh no, that is sad. I wonder if she would be willing to adopt a buddy for CoCo? I guess if she's giving up this quickly that probably isn't an option.

I'm sorry Kay. I wish you could take her. :(

(((HUGS)))

lv4dogs
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Thats so sad. hopefully they realize that they can work it out & keep her.
The playdaye is a good idea, she'll get to visit with her pals & get tired out.
Sending good thoughts for her!

cyber-sibes
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear this too, she does seem like a sweetie. Maybe if Coco comes over alot for play dates, your parents might grow a little more fond of her? It's a thought. I thought the fostering idea was good, too. At least you could help her find a home with better conditions for her. But I am really sorry, I know this must be really difficult for you. Will keep the whole situation in my prayers for the best outcome.

Kfamr
09-30-2005, 01:18 PM
I e-mailed her last night asking some things. I'm wondering if they were just wanting to give her to us because she fit in so well and probably misses her canine companions in her previous home/foster home. I'm not sure if they were thinking about giving her to anyone else or not.
I'll know more soon, hopefully. I told my parents I was willing (and capable) to pay for everything she needed on my own. I just don't want this dog to be tossed around more. If she were to come here it'd be her final destination.

Sorry to those of you who tried PM'ing me.. I'll clean it out soon.

Logan
09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Kay, my heart goes out to you, and to CoCo and Monica. What a hard situation! I'm almost glad your mom got the call because I know it would have even added more pressure on you to have to talk with her about it. 4 dogs represents a major expense, as you know, and I don't think we'll ever have 4 again in our current situation. You just don't feel like you can do for them and "with" them the way you want to. At least I don't, working outside of the home all day, and having so many child related obligations in the evenings. :( I think my dogs are fine, and Lord knows they aren't nearly as well trained as yours are. I guess if there is anyone who could handle 4, it's you, but while you're under your parent's roof, I know you have to honor their wishes.

Best of luck and we'll keep you, Monica and CoCo in our prayers.

Logan