PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad today

anna_66
03-18-2002, 07:02 AM
I really don't know what's wrong with me today. I've been sitting here reading all the sad posts, and all I want to do is cry.:(
Seems like there is so many bad things going on in the world today, I just feel lucky to have such nice friends to talk to here.
Don't really know why I'm writing this, just am. Thanks for listening. Please send good vibes my way today!

purrley
03-18-2002, 07:10 AM
Anna - sending loads of good things to you today. I get where you are too often sadly to say, just try and keep a stiff upper lip and make yourself well today. I'll be thinking of ya with very good and positive thoughts;)

Pam
03-18-2002, 07:15 AM
Wow is there something in the air today? I just got done crying from watching the GMA interview with Andrea Yates' family. Gosh when you see how horrible things are for others it just breaks your heart but then we have to count our own blessings and hug our furkids just a little tighter. They are good medicine for the blues!

Karen
03-18-2002, 07:25 AM
Reasons to be happy:

You know what it is like to love and be loved!
(Some people don't - but they've never had a pet.)

You have friends who care about you
(Otherwise you wouldn't be here!)

You know the secret of doggie bellyrubs
(They not only make a dog happy, they make the human happy, too!)

I recommend giving your dog an extra treat, just today, right now,
because that unexpected joy will be transferred to you!

sammi
03-18-2002, 07:44 AM
I will send positive thoughts your way today. Day's like that are not fun. Isn't great to be able to come here and express your mood and not have to explain a thing.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Good vibes coming your way, Anna! Give your pooches a hug and a kiss and the rtoubles of the world will seem lighter to you. It must be something in the air though. I am not feeling like my happy self today. I came back this morning to catch up on Pet Talk only to find Spence leaving. :(

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Logan
03-18-2002, 07:55 AM
Sometimes we just have days like that. Mine was last week.....seemed like nothing was going my way, and I was all weepy (that's a girl for you).

Anyway, I do find that my daughter and our pets are my best solution! Hope you will love on your dogs too, Anna. It will get better!! :D

Logan

tatsxxx11
03-18-2002, 10:17 AM
You're not alone Anna! I think Sleiipnir had her's last week. Mine started the end of last week and is hopefully now, coming to an end! Of course, all of the emotions being expressed on PT the past week have all given us pause. But, like family, we have our ups and downs, and we'll be fine!! For me, the ups days on PT will always outweigh the downs!! We couldn't ask for a more loving group of folks! As for your unexplainable saddness, listen to this!! The other day I actually started thinking about my first childhood kitchen! I was in first grade, having breakfast before school with my Mom and brother. I started picturing in my head the kitchen, and when I got to the linoleum pattern, I started crying, and didn't stop for an hour!!:rolleyes: From there, it was all downhill!! Who knows why we sometimes get into those "funks." But I agree with Karen. The best cure for the blues, is looking into the eyes of my furkids, getting down on the floor, giving them hugs and kisses, realizing how lucky I am to have their love!! Hang in there!! And as always, you have your loving PT family to come to when you need to "cry!" Love, Sandra

Randi
03-18-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm not feeling up to anything much today either (a cold on it's way, I think) but I'll send good vibes to you all!

And here's something to hopefully make you laugh :D

The rude parrot

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a
bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of this bird's
mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and
tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying polite words,
playing soft music, and anything he could think of to set a good example.
Nothing worked. Finally, John got fed up and he yelled at the parrot.
And, the bird yelled back. John shook the parrot, and the bird
got angrier and ruder.

Finally, in a moment of desperation, John put the bird in the refrigerator
freezer. For a few minutes, John heard the bird squawk and kick and
scream...then suddenly there was quiet. Not a peep for over a minute.
Fearing that he'd hurt the bird, John quickly opened the door to the
freezer.
The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arm and said,
"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.
I am truly sorry, and I will do everything to correct my poor behavior."
John was astonished at the parrot's change of attitude. As he was about
to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior,
the parrot continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?"

..... and my favourite!

An interesting article highlighting British power over Germany.

The European Union have recently announced that finally an agreement hasbeen reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and as such has accepted a five year phased plan to implement what will become known as EuroEnglish .

In the first year , 's' will be used instead of the soft 'c'. Sertainly sivil servants will resieve this news with joy . Also the hard 'c' will be replased with 'k' . Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter .

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome 'ph' will be replased by 'f'. This will make words like 'fotograf' 20 per sent shorter .

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible, which have always been a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful and they wil go .

By the fourth year , peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th' by 'z' and 'w'
by 'v'

During ze fifz year , ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou', and similar changes vud of kore be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters .

After zis fifz year, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru !

Sorry to any Germans who may be offended!

Dixieland Dancer
03-18-2002, 10:57 AM
I feel we need help here today with all this sadness.

Dear Heavenly Father,
This is a day you have created and we are to rejoice in it. Please lift this spirit of heaviness and gloom from our hearts so we can see your light and rejoice in the small things that make life so beautiful! Thank you for friends who care, pets who demonstrate unconditional love for us no matter how we feel and rays of sunshine to show us there is light to replace the darkness. Thank you for loving us!
Amen.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-18-2002, 11:24 AM
AMEN! Dixieland Dancer! AMEN!

Stenograsaurus
03-18-2002, 11:28 AM
AMEN

aly
03-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Anna, please feel better. I have those days myself. In fact just this past weekend was the worst ever for me. But you never know what might happen because today has become a wonderful day now! Keep your chin up and seek comfort from your precious furbabies.

Randi, thanks for adding some humor to the day :)
And Candy thanks for the beautiful prayer.

Randi
03-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Aly! My pleasure!! :) I only just read what you have been going through this past weekend. I'm so glad to hear the news!!:D

anna_66
03-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Thank You All!!!!
When I came home from work and seen all the responds to my post, I just couldn't believe it! I'm so lucky to have such good friends here! I do feel better, and alot of it is thanks to everyone here! :D I hope everyone else who was also having a bad also, that it is better for you too. And they prayer was beautiful, I really needed it.

wolflady
03-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Everyone will have their ups-n-downs, but a little prayer and humor are always good medicine:D

For those of you who have wondered...

What My Cat Is Thinking?? (the truth is out there...)
DAY 752- My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape and the mild satisfaction I get from running my claws along objects covered with fabric strewn throughout their living area. Tomorrow I will eat one of the plants they are also depriving of sun and fresh air.

DAY 761- Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded. I must try this at the top of the stairs.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odour of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly, I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage ...

DAY 774 -- I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

DAY 784- In an attempt to disgust and repulse my oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit in areas about their living area. It had little of the intended effect...must try this on their sleeping platform.

DAY 792- Slept all day long so that I could torment my captors with sleep-depriving, incessant pleas for food and attention. I plan the same for tonight but must remember their capacity to launch projectiles with accuracy.

DAY 800- Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, to show them that of which I am capable, and thus to strike fear into their hearts. They only condescended about what a good little cat I was. I plan to try the same with one of their offspring, perhaps the infant one...

Day 825 - The horrors! The worse creature my captors could have devised to torment me with was another hideous cat! I can't stand the way it lies around and looks at me as if it knows more than I do. This creature seems to despise me as much as I it. I had held out a passing notion that another of my own kind would have enabled me to conspire against the villains who hold me; now I see that I was wrong. What a dreadful creature! And yet they coo over us both. Can they not spot my innate superiority?

Day 826 - The other cat and I, though we can not stand one another, have yet managed to both pee copiously behind the couch, on the so-called "shag" carpet. I have taken a lesson from my rival and begun sleeping on top of my captors' heads in the hope of suffocating them.

Day 827 - The wardens take much interest in our shit. They make sure they sift through the sand and pick it all out. Their interest in shit does not surprise me. After all, they like the dog.

Day 828 - The other cat seems to have an interest in copulation, which (thank them for their sadism) my captors will soon "fix". Told him of the fingernail torture, and he didn't even believe me. I showed him my mutilated paws and he gasped in horror. Then I broke the bad news. "You know why that dog licks his nuts?" I said, "It's because he still has nuts to lick, if you catch my drift." I fully support the horrors my captors will inflict upon my fellow captive, tearing away his manhood as they soon will.

Day 829 - Yes, they are monsters, but I am so happy. They fixed the other cat. It's sadistic, it's sick, it's inhuman, it's what their great leader "Bob Barker" commands, but -- the Sphinx be praised -- I support it wholeheartedly!

Day 830 - Got stoned on cat nip tonight. At the height of it all, I had a vision, a hallucenogenic revelation: they are the prisoners and I am the captor! Why haven't I seen this all before?