PDA

View Full Version : Posting advice please

kilbarchancats
09-29-2005, 07:19 AM
so, finally the wonder that is broadband is to be installed in a couple of weekends from now - the furries are just soooo embarrassed that we are behind the times!!:o (Meowmie.... did you haaavvvvvve to tell them that?:mad: )

Needless to say then, I'll be able to post loads of pictures (instead of mainly lurking) and share Max, Candy and Tom with you.:D

Problem is, don't have a clue how to go about posting pictures to appear along with a message. Picture hosting sites??? Nah, never been there either:confused: :confused:

So, you can see I need a little bit of guidance on what to do. If anyone does have a minute to post a brief guide I would be ever so grateful. I do promise to reward your patience with frequent sharing of the nawtees/helpers/catolympians.......

Also, I'm dying to unveil the closely guarded secret (and they've been practising like mad) that is the shhhhhhhhh......newly formed WWF team - The Blackie Fighters!!!:D :D

Thanks!

laura

Karen
09-29-2005, 07:42 AM
As always, refer to Phred's excellent tutorial here! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)

catnapper
09-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Picture posting is a snap. First, sign up for an account on photobucket. com. Then you can upload your photos to photobucket (its very user friendly over there, you'll figure it out!)

Once a photo is uploaded, a thumbnail of the photo is displayed. Below the photo are there lines: URL, Tag, and Img. Take your cursor and highlight everything in the box next to Img. Right click the line while its highlighted and select "copy". Then return to the new post you're making and click "paste". You'll see a string of words in the box where you're typing, but if you hit "preview" you'll see your picture how up!

And you're done. Repeat as necessary ;) :D

Can't wait for the pictures!

kilbarchancats
09-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Great, thanks - that's really helpful!!

Laura's Babies
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
With me, it took a few trys to get it figured out so don't get discouraged. Just ask for help whenever you need it and someone will help you. Once you get it, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to do.

catmandu
09-29-2005, 11:25 AM
WE ARE WAITING,TO SEE YOUR CAT COMPANIONS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture675.jpg

Killearn Kitties
10-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Have you got that new connection yet?????? :D :D

Laura's Babies
10-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Yea.... we are waiting..... standing by in case you need any help. We want to see your babies!!!

ChrisH
10-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Oh, you are going to so love broadband!! :D I just got it (last Thursday) and it is awesome!!