PDA

View Full Version : Have I mentioned Stanley?

jenluckenbach
09-28-2005, 07:09 PM
So.......I come home Sunday night about 8pm. I spy a cat. Looks like he has a collar on. He runs under a small bush. My neighbor (with young daughter) come outside (knowing full well that I am a SUCKER for cats) and tell me how he must have been around for a day or two and that the across-the-street neighbor has been shoo-ing it off the porch.

UT-OH ! I think

So, I call to the cat, who comes right up to the porch. Cute as a button!! Friendly. Young (7 month old male....not nmeutered). No ID on collar.

What to do.....what to do........too late for the humane society. I have ringworm in one of my foster rooms. My large playpen cages are in THAT room. He ca't go with other cats until testing.............DRAT!

1/2 hour of fretting........CELLAR! I never put cats down there, not cat friendly, but I do have a large dog kennel down there for emergencies (never even used it.) This is where he spent Sunday night.

Monday AM....vet....testing (negative)......shots.....bath.......
Flea treatment.....wormer.......all set to meet the fosters.

And here he is.........STANLEY!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/C-E-L/Stanley1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/C-E-L/Stanley2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/C-E-L/Stanley3.jpg

catnapper
09-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Oh - my - goodness!

Lookie that perfect specimen of tabbiness! Lookie the ear tufts!!! He's quite sexy looking with very interesting facial features. If not for the short hair, I'd say he looks Maine Coonish with those features.

Hmmmm... the catnapper castle IS currently rather vacant.... shold I relent and get another foster like hubby swore I would? Or keep to my vow of "no more fosters til after Christmas"?

furrykidsmother
09-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Awwwww! Nice to meet you Stanley! You are one lucky little guy!! You were in the right place at the right time!

CalliesMom
09-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Someone shoo'd that cat away?!?! He is gorgeous! Thank you for taking him in!

catmandu
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
STANLEY,YOUR CAT INSTINCTS LED YOU,TO JUST THE RIGHT PLACE,YOU WILL DEFINITELY WIND UP,WITH A FANTASTIC FURR EVER HOME,WITH JEN,LOOKING AFTER YOU.
GOOD LUCK,STANLEY! I HERA READING,IS A NICE TOWN!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/CaseyDigby.jpg

QueenScoopalot
09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Stanley is cute stuff! Glad you brought him in before something happened to him, and with a bobcat/ lynx look that he has, he'll get a furever home fast. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-29-2005, 02:18 AM
AWWW Jen, he is gorgeous. (You had better hide him from Kim - we all know she can't resist a tabby!!);)

Stanley must have seen the visible-only-to-cats neon sign above your house, and know this was a safe place to come for help!!

orangemm
09-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Sweet little boy! Beautiful markings and I love the long legs.

He's gotta be a fine boy....all Reading dudes are A-OK!

He certainly came to the right place!:D

rkidsrcats
09-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Stanley is very handsome! Those little tufted ears are so cute!
So when is catnapper picking this one up? :p

lvpets2002
09-29-2005, 07:57 AM
;) ;) Oh my Stanley you are just a adorable little boy.. You are so lucky that you were found & in a very good home now..

Laura's Babies
09-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Stanley (love the name!) is adoreable! LOOK at that face!!

PayItForward
09-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Bless you Jen, for taking Stanley into your home and heart. :)

christa
09-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Ahhh, looks like a sweet boy! Just look at that face! You can tell that he really appreciates you taking him in!!! ;) God bless you, once again!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2005, 12:48 AM
He's so handsome and I'm so glad that you were able to take him in.:) He looks like he might have some siamese in him.;)

momcat
10-02-2005, 06:24 PM
What a beauty! Stanley, your colors and markings are gorgeous. You have found the best place for any kitty to be. No need to worry anymore, you'll be loved and cared for more than you ever thought possible. Jen, you've proven once again that there ARE angels among us. Bless you!

jenluckenbach
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
I sent Stanly and the 2 black kittens (Silhouette and Zanzibar) to other foster homes in order to keep them safe from the ringworm. I miss them already, but trust me, they are in good hands. The blackies are together and Stanley is with a foster mom who has taken some of my other kids when I needed to move them. It's kinda quiet here with only 2 babies (and 1 is too shy with people yet). :(

orangemm
10-02-2005, 06:55 PM
How is Stanley doing otherwise?? He looks like such a sweetheart!

jenluckenbach
10-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Stanley is GREAT! And he is a total people cat. Fun and very confident. A great pet for the person who adopts him.

rg_girlca
10-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Awwwww he is absolutely adorable. I'm sure that he will find his forever home real soon.

NoahsMommy
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Thank you for saving yet another cutie from the streets, Jenn! He'll get a home quick, he's soooo handsome and looks like a love. :)