PDA

View Full Version : Bunnies sneak in...

Bunnicula05
03-17-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, my Mom, Step-dad (Gary) and my little brother (Garrett) are gone on vacation for an entire week to Indiana to visit Gary's family. Don't worry, I'm not alone. I couldn't go cuz I had track practice. My Great Aunt Wilma is here to keep me company. Anyway, today I brought my rabbits in the house in MY living room down stairs. I got a big box so they could go in it, I cut down a box to not make it so tall wrapped in a plastic bag and put shredded paper in it for litter as a temporary litter box. Of course I brought their food dish inside and their water and PLENTY of chew toys. They seem to like it so far. I wish I had an inside cage to put them in so I know they aren't getting into anything. I'm going to see how they do during the night. And Wilma will be here to look after them while I'm at school. If I get them litter box trained by the time my family gets back, I'm going to bring the subject up again of keeping them in the house. WISH ME LUCK!

gini
03-17-2002, 07:46 PM
I bet ZippyKat could give you some real fast tips on litter training the bunnies. I only have had cats - and they seem to come "litter trained"

Good luck!

Karen
03-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Are you following the advice from the FAQ at the house rabbit society site, http://www.rabbit.org? We did, and Miss Hoppy was box-trained within a day! Now be very very careful to hide ALL electric wires - paper twoel tubes can be useful to put any needed wires in there through - and don't let them gnaw on any furniture your parents like,

and good luck! Thank Aunt Wilma for us!

Crikit
03-17-2002, 09:17 PM
good luck Bunnicula! btw I love your nick,that was my all time fav book when I was a kid in elementary :D

Heather Wallace
03-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Meg, I hope you have some better luck than I did litter trainning your buns. Because I had 7 rabbits to look after I didn't get the chance to litter train and as you cam imagine 7 where hard work so I merely didn't get around to the job until it was to late. I bought a tray etc and I did try but they don't poo in the tray they do it on the floor. Don't worry they are only allowed in the computer room and their own room so when they go back into their hutches I use the hoover (vacum cleaner).

I will have another go, keep me informed of your progress.

http://community.webshots.com/user/tatty104

zippy-kat
03-18-2002, 12:46 PM
*sigh* Litterbox training...seems like only yesterday...lol

Actually, I really can't help with the 'training'...Sophie did it herself...

sorry :o

Daisylover
03-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Do check the House Rabbit Society's site on litter training, it's excellent. Like Miss Sophie, my guys trained themselves. It's really a matter of putting their litter box(es---yes, you'll probably want more than one) where THEY want them, not where you want them. Good luck!!! I hope you can keep them inside, they are worth the extra effort and besides the more you interact with them, the faster and more they will interact with you.:D

Bunnicula05
03-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all your advice! And yes, Bunnicula is STILL my favorite book! :)