PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what it is...

Sassy_luvr
09-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't know what it is and it's on her skin. I guess you could say scabs. If she scratches them then they start to bleed. I'm thinkin' it could be allergies but I don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to treat it? If so pleeeeeaaaaase post!!!

Karen
09-28-2005, 03:49 PM
You have to tell us more than that! Where are "they" located, how many, how big? How long have they been wherever they are?

sammy101
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Are they bumps filled with puss?Or is she just scratching?
We just took Kodie to the vet today,and we found out he has allergies and the bumps are caused by a bacteria infection that needs anti-biotics.

Flatcoatluver
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
omg is kodie's filled with puss, because zoey has a problem where she scratches so much it bleeds too, it located right by her tail on her back, i've had alot of suggetions, about shappos, food changing, taking her to the vet, allergies, and many more so i have no clue but when she gets her shots i will ask the vet

sammy101
09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah his are filled with puss.his is all over his body,and its really bad underneath his arms.His are all scabbing now but he still itches.But only a few hours after taking his first anti-biotics and anti-hisitmin(spll?),he feels so much better and much happier.
If hers are filled with puss,and are actual bumps,they need to be treated.The vet said it can heal by using a special shampoo,but most likely has to be treated.

Jamieejo85
09-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Is it Sassy or Kandi??

Sassy_luvr
10-03-2005, 09:09 AM
It is not puss. It is just scabs. O.K., if you trip and fall and it starts to bleed then when it stops bleeding there will be a scab right? Well if it itches and you scratch the scab off it starts to bleed right? Well that's how Sassy's are. They are mainly located on the back of her neck. There is about 13 of them on her neck, but only about 3 on her back, and just 2 where her tail is.

Kymcole25
10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
What size are they?

Scooby4
10-03-2005, 11:19 PM
These could be old flea or tick bites. They heal up and itch again. The dog then scratches them till they bleed. Scabs usually itch when ready to fall off.
If you have a flea collar take it off temporarily. This could be irratating the area. Get a dog CONE collar. Those ones that wrap around the dog's face. This should help the dog from chewing on the back area till the scabs heal. You can find a over the counter spray for antibacterial/hydrocordisone spray at a pet store to apply. You may have to shave the area for good access and adherence.
I also suggest giving a dosage of Benadryl to decrease the itching. The dose does matter for weight. My dog weighs about 30 lbs and can take 1 4-6 hour benadryl tablet safely.
There are shampoos for this. Avoid the flea and Tick kind because they can be quite harsh. Use Frontline or Adam's flea spray (OTC). Only if you see fleas. Try finding a shampoo for sensitive skin and only wash once a week or follow directions. Too much cleaning may not be beneficial.
Hope this helps. You may ask about other "Hot Spot" treatments at your local pet store. This would be items that would help make the dog NOT want to continously bite, scratch or chew in this area.

Sassy_luvr
10-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Ummmmmm, they are about the size of a M&M. Some are a little bit bigger but some are smaller.