PDA

View Full Version : No need to talk by phone....

Husky_mom
09-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I found a "messenger" thingy that allows you to talk through internet at no phone bill charge EVER!! you just need to download it, have a microphone in your comp, and if you want a web cam.

itĀ“s called SKYPE

itĀ“s really cool, iĀ“ve been using it since my sister got to Canada and thatĀ“s how me and my parents talk to her without phone bills going to the roof.

Anita Cholaine
09-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I had that program, but it never worked on my computer, I don't know why:(

king2005
09-28-2005, 05:24 PM
I use Vonage 30.00cdn unlimited calls anywhere in north america. for an extra 7.00cdn you can have phone # in other cities/countries

We have an Ottawa & a Mississauga #. anyone in those citities can call us local. Call forwarding is free. We have our vonage #'s forwarded to its self & to our cell phones. So we always get our home calls :)

popcornbird
09-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Skype is amazing...SO clear. I use it to talk to my relatives overseas. The new Yahoo Messenger has a really clear voice chat service too though. Not AS clear as Skype...Skype's so clear is beats regular phone lines, but its still very clear. I don't know anyone with Skype other than a few relatives, so I use Yahoo Messenger to 'talk' to everyone else. Its amazing how advanced internet is getting. :D