PDA

View Full Version : Found the perfect one!

CarrieB
09-28-2005, 03:31 PM
I am taking lessons at a nearby stables for a couple months, and I have been asking my dad to let me buy a horse. He says *Wait until after lessons and then I'll decide*. Although he didnt say yes.. he didn't say no either, so I started browsing websites for horses for sale near where I live. I had no luck and I was getting frustarted even though I know it takes a while to find the perfect one. But one day after lessons I saw this greyish white horse head poking out of a stall. I said *Oooo who is that pretty horse?* to my lesson instuctor, she said *Oh that's Bella, the horse you will be riding next lesson (The horse I was riding before injured her foot :() I went up to the stall and started petting her and she loved it. Then my instructor said *she is for sale*. Right when she said that I KNEW I wanted her. She was a perfect price, (1800) perfect color (white/grey and dark grey spots) and also my favorite breed (arabian), perfect personality (sweet and kind) AND she also was already trained in just about anything you could want!! At first when I was looking for horses I wanted one that was like 5 but I am a begginer so I would need one that is older and more experienced. Bella was 18 and still young and I loved her right away. If my dad says yes to buying her I will be the happiest I have ever been :). Tommorow I am going to take lessons with her and groom, and ride her for the first time :) She is such a sweety. I asked my dad to come watch me take lessons with her tomorow to see if my dad likes the horse as well. I hope he does!! I will make another post tomorow or the next day to tell how Bella was and what my dad says about buying her!!!! :) I have been waiting for this day (for my dad to give his answer) forever it seems like!! :D I know I shouldn't get to excited because I havn't riden her yet, but when I was in her stall petting her, she would tilt her head toward me so i could pet her head it was so sweet :) And my favorite part about her is when I was going out of her stall her tried to follow me out of her stall!! She liked me already (From what I have seen so far). And from just petting her for a couple min. was a good reaction, since I may get to own her some day!!! :D My instructor also said that the lady who owns the horse would probably lease her to me for a month so I can see if I like her. I can't wait for tomorow!!!!

CathyBogart
09-28-2005, 09:10 PM
How exciting!! Of course, we will require pics!! :D

Karen
09-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I hope everything goes well tomorrow! Carrots and sugar cubes to her from us!

buttercup132
09-29-2005, 02:34 PM
aww cute im goin to see about gettin a new horse tommorrow too! lol i hope we both get what we want

Suki Wingy
09-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Cool! A horse is way out of my budget right now but that is so cool when you find the perfect one.

CarrieB
10-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I was supposed to see Bella on Thursday, but sadly, my instructor was sick so I couldn't go :(. But I guess good things take time! I hope my instructor gets well soon!

CarrieB
10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Also, since Bella is 18, is that considered very old? How long will she live for? How long until I have to stop riding her if I did purchase her?

Suki Wingy
10-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Arabs are long lived. I read about a 31 year old endurance arabian still competing! :eek:

cocker_luva
10-03-2005, 09:44 PM
pictures are a must