PDA

View Full Version : Petdepot stores?? updated, it's now open :(

lv4dogs
09-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Anyone have one near them? If so what do you think of it?

They are putting one up near me & was just wondering what to expect.

Are they related to petdepot.com?

It's going up right across the street from a yucky petstore, I hope they are better than the current one, putting the current one out of business! BUT they are about 10 minutes down the street from an AWESOME pet store & I don't want it to interfere with them.

veegan
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
hmmm.. never heard of that one! hope they are good and dont sell puppies!! :(

*LabLoverKEB*
09-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by veegan
hmmm.. never heard of that one! hope they are good and dont sell puppies!! :(

ditto!

Chica
09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
NOPE,NEVER HEARD OF THAT ONE. LET ME KNOW IF IT IS A GOOD STORE. ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I've not heard of it either. I hope it's a good store.

gemini9961
10-01-2005, 01:01 PM
I've never heard of one either.

labrado_retriever123
10-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Never heard of one...

I hope they don't sell puppies, unless they are from a GREAT breeder, not a puppymill

I hope they clean the tanks regularly, because at my closest petstore they have mold all over in the tanks!! It's HORRIBLE!

lv4dogs
11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Well they are open now. I have to say I'm not very impressed.
The name is 2 words not one, Pet Depot.

The bird cages are all overcrowded. About 20ish parakeets in a regular parakeet cage that should hold 2-3 parakeets comfortably.They said it was because they just got a shipment in that day & the distributor accidently sent double than they asked for & they were unable to be returned. They said that they will pull cages off the shelf to house them in when they get time.
But the lovebird were also crowded & they did not get a new shipment of those in that day!

:mad: They sell puppies :mad: Puppies in glass cages with a ton of shredded papper. Any kind of dog, purebred & mutts (so called designer breeds).

The store employees are NOT knowledgable at all. I asked them a few questions about animals & products. They knew nothing! At least one offered to take my number so he could research the info for me & get back to me next week sometime. :rolleyes:

Prices are outragous! Well for most items anyways. Most of the foods (which they do carry some decent brands at least) are a little cheaper than most places. But anything else forget it. Even simple dog treats, a small bag of begginstrips was $5.95!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: A single tennis ball was $4!!! The big bone treats (can't remember the name) but I buy them all the time for my dogs. They are usually about $1-1.50 each, they were $3.29 there!

Nanook came with me. Every employee just blurted out what they thought he was... not one had asked or even said it in a guessy type way they all said it like they knew what he was. And not one of them guessed that he was a mix but they sure had all sorts of "neat" breeds though. :rolleyes: He was called a shepky (shep husky maybe?), a labrashep (lab & shep?), a spitamix (whatever that one is?) , one employee there thought he was a purebred samoyed because thats what their pet store bought samoyed looks like and another thought he was a pure bred husky.

This act just blew me away! 3 employess thought he was pregnant because of his tumor. One employee litterally yelled at me once she found out that the puppies were really a tumor and here I was brining him out in the store. Like I was killing him or spreading a terrible disease. She continued to yell at me even after I proceeded to tell her that he is 15, the tumor is under his rib cage, his rib cage has to be broken in order for them to *try* to remove the tumor. Then his arthritic legs & body has to deal with an entire broken rib cage for months 7 months until it heals. I'm not having Nanooks last months or year with me trying to heal a broken rib cage on top of everything else that is wrong with him that can't really be fixed. She was yelling so loud that another employee told her to quiet down. But it didn't quiet her down at all. And not one employee said anything to her about treating a customer that way, not even the manager who was there when she started to yell at me. After watching the employee yell at me & listening to the first few sentances the manager shrugged her shoulders & walked away.
I litterally dropped the one item I was going to purchase, a bone for Nanook... no matter how bad a pet store is if I bring one of my dogs with me we ALWAYS leave with at least a little treat for the way home. Not this time I litterally dropped it on the floor, (it broke into a few pieces) and told the lady that I'd love to yell back at her but unlike her I am more mature than her to act out in such a way & left. :mad:

Jessika
11-18-2005, 02:06 PM
.....wow.

I can't think of anything else to say, really. That really leaves me just.. shocked!!

Can't you report them to the BBB? Or call the store/district manager and complain??

ESS-lover
11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Get the corporate # and file complaints against the employee and manager --- and have your animal control in there after their butts too.

Hope Nanook got some extra loves because of the insolent woman - and I agree that to put him through surgery knowing that other things will in the end take his life - I felt the same way about surgery and chemo for my 18 yr old cat... better to have some 'quality' to his last year(s) than pain and suffering.

lv4dogs
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
.....wow.

I can't think of anything else to say, really. That really leaves me just.. shocked!!

Can't you report them to the BBB? Or call the store/district manager and complain??

I went to the BBB website today & they are notlisted there. Not sure if it is because the store is so new & they haven't updated their site or what. I'll try it again next week & if it's still not on there I will call them.

And their store in Canandaigua NY (where I went) is not listed on their website either???? Again I don't know if it is because it is so new or what.

Next week I will be calling the store to find out how I can contact someone about this.

lute
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
oh gosh! just what we need...more stores that sell puppies! :mad: i've thought of a commercial for the petstore...

"Come visit our new pet store! it has unhealthy animals of all kinds! we have so many birds that we have no room for them! we have puppies! puppies that will cost you lots of money! we will sell you mix breeds for the price of an arm or leg! they may be unhealthy and might even die soon after you bring them home, but they are CUTE and you are dumb enough to buy them! don't forget to buy your new sick puppy a new toy! we have toys you can buy from the dollar store for that will cost you way more then they are worth! so, come visit our un educated staff! they will be sure to sucker you out of all your money!"

what do ya think?

lv4dogs
11-18-2005, 02:44 PM
oh gosh! just what we need...more stores that sell puppies! :mad: i've thought of a commercial for the petstore...

"Come visit our new pet store! it has unhealthy animals of all kinds! we have so many birds that we have no room for them! we have puppies! puppies that will cost you lots of money! we will sell you mix breeds for the price of an arm or leg! they may be unhealthy and might even die soon after you bring them home, but they are CUTE and you are dumb enough to buy them! don't forget to buy your new sick puppy a new toy! we have toys you can buy from the dollar store for that will cost you way more then they are worth! so, come visit our un educated staff! they will be sure to sucker you out of all your money!"

what do ya think?

Hey I like it! Think we can put that on the air?

lute
11-18-2005, 04:09 PM
i don't see why not. it's advertisment! :D :p

dogzr#1
11-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Wow! That store just seems horrible! I would like to see them go out of buisness. And if they say you don't have any proof you can tell them this:
There was TOO many birds in one cage
Their prices were unbelievable
They had an uneducated staff
They weren't the least bit nice
And I'm sure you can think of many more, but these are just a few that I thought of based on your statement.

Also I think the only stores that can sell puppies NEED to get them from either a VERY good breeder or get some from the Pound and offer them for adoption at the pet store. That's what Petsmart does.

.sarah
11-18-2005, 05:53 PM
My gosh, that is absolutely horrible. It sounds like our Pet Land as far as the animals go - selling puppies, pure bred and designer breeds, too many birds in a cage, and we also have cages with rats where they literally have to stand on top of each other because there is no room. It's awful :(

*LabLoverKEB*
11-19-2005, 11:58 AM
:mad: :mad: That just makes me sick. :mad:

Please, please, try to put this awful pet depot stroe out of business.

jesse_3
11-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Ugh. That is all I can say. I wish that I could take all the little puppies, ktties, rodent, etc. and properly care for them, and give them to loving homes. It is not fair to the the animals there.

what do ya think?
I agree!

Steph and the gang