PDA

View Full Version : Nickelback

beeniesmom
09-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Anyone here like them?
A new album is due out Oct. 4th. I can't wait. :)

Roxyluvsme13
09-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I've never heard of them :o

beeniesmom
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
They are a Canadian group.

http://www.nickelback.com/

new mom to a veiled
09-28-2005, 02:49 PM
:p :p they are AWESOME :p :p

Brayden always requests to listen to "THE LONG ROAD" in the car!!!

Roxyluvsme13
Oh....

beeniesmom
:D :D :D

carole
09-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I am nearly 48 years old and I love Nickelback, especially the lead singer, anyone seen them perform live??:D

crsvstang
09-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, I like them. I just have the first cd they came out with.

I'd like get one of the newer cd's.

PJ's Mom
09-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I love Nickelback! :)

finn's mom
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
I've never liked their music at all, but, I've briefly met the lead singer, and, he seemed really nice. But, I like Canadian guys, usually. Ha ha, but, yeah, my friend said they're really fun live, which is always important!

beeniesmom
09-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
I've never liked their music at all, but, I've briefly met the lead singer, and, he seemed really nice. But, I like Canadian guys, usually. Ha ha, but, yeah, my friend said they're really fun live, which is always important!

OH REALLY! WOW! Is he as hot in real life as he is on MTV? ;)
TELL ME ABOUT IT!

CagneyDog
09-28-2005, 05:33 PM
I LOVE Nickeback,

Almita
09-28-2005, 05:49 PM
is the cd that is coming out is with the song photograph if it is then I'm buying it I love nickelback!!!

carole
09-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes he is a hottie indeed, Kari we are all green with envey here!!!!:D even an ole girl like me can appreciate a good thing when she sees it. lol;)

Flatcoatluver
09-28-2005, 07:47 PM
aww i love them i have their first c.d, i should get the newest c.d.

sammy101
09-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I saw them at the Calgary Stampede a few years ago,i think it was when they first came out,but they were awesome live!:D I love them!!

finn's mom
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
OH REALLY! WOW! Is he as hot in real life as he is on MTV? ;)
TELL ME ABOUT IT!

You're funny...I love it when people are into bands! ;) I don't think he's that attractive, but, he looks the same in person as he does on tv. I was kinda sorta dating a pro hockey player that was friends with the band, and, I met him that way. Only briefly, but, he was polite, and, seemed genuine. Again, though, I love Canadian men. :o

Nomilynn
09-28-2005, 11:45 PM
I've seen them live twice.

The first time the show was amazing. Chad was appreciative to the crowd and really made it feel like a small venue. That was in I think 2003 or 4

I saw them again live a year later. Chad pranced around the stage like his poop didn't stink. They went into the song "Never Again" and then immediately after that asked all the women on the floor to take their bras off and throw them on stage. Considering the song is about domestic violence toward women, it was more than hypocritical. He threw beer cups into the crowd and basically said that if you weren't stoned and drunk off your ass by the time you left you were a pansy. It was the most disgusting display of arrogance I've ever seen and I refuse to listen to them anymore. Chad Kroeger's fame has gone to his head and he's an arrogant pr*ck.

captain
09-29-2005, 12:30 AM
W:eek: W

How disappointing!

beeniesmom
09-29-2005, 08:16 AM
wow... that is disappointing.... I still like thier music and I still think he's hot.

Yes, Almita the song photograph is on the new cd. Isn't it great?

Drool Kari.... yes, canadian guys are hot.

finn's mom
09-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I've seen them live twice.

The first time the show was amazing. Chad was appreciative to the crowd and really made it feel like a small venue. That was in I think 2003 or 4

I saw them again live a year later. Chad pranced around the stage like his poop didn't stink. They went into the song "Never Again" and then immediately after that asked all the women on the floor to take their bras off and throw them on stage. Considering the song is about domestic violence toward women, it was more than hypocritical. He threw beer cups into the crowd and basically said that if you weren't stoned and drunk off your ass by the time you left you were a pansy. It was the most disgusting display of arrogance I've ever seen and I refuse to listen to them anymore. Chad Kroeger's fame has gone to his head and he's an arrogant pr*ck.

Dang, I'm glad I met him before that. That's incredibly disappointing. Like I said earlier, I'm not a fan of their music, anyway...but, now I know not to go to a concert if I'm invited. That's too bad that you had to find out first hand. :(

Vermontcat
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
I like a couple of Nickelback's songs but it sounds like Chad is a real jerk.
I guess that is one reason why U2 is my favorite band because they are so good to their fans.:)

finn's mom
09-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
I like a couple of Nickelback's songs but it sounds like Chad is a real jerk.
I guess that is one reason why U2 is my favorite band because they are so good to their fans.:)

That's one of the reasons I love Guster as much as I do. All four of them, and, all of their technicians and crew are such nice people, it's unreal!

carole
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Ah well I guess what looks good is not always good, pity he has turned into such a jerk, still I like their music and will still listen to it, I agree Canadian men are damn fine, my first ever boyfriend when I was a mere 16 was Canadian, oh how I loved that accent, was half the attraction to be honest lol.

Kari excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of Guster, what kind of music do they play? are they a fairly new and modern group or what? just curious.:)

finn's mom
09-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by carole
Kari excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of Guster, what kind of music do they play? are they a fairly new and modern group or what? just curious.:)

Oh, you're not ignorant, Carole, trust me! There aren't many who have heard of Guster. :) They're a four piece band now (started over ten years ago as a three piece), and, they are hard to describe. The drummer mostly uses congas and bongos, but, their last album has a lot of kit. They have guitars, banjos, steel guitars, harmonicas, violins, horns, etc...lyrically, they're great, and, they are amazing performers! They're not a screamy, loud band, but, I'd call them rock. Sorry that doesn't really help much.

Almita
09-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
wow... that is disappointing.... I still like thier music and I still think he's hot.

Yes, Almita the song photograph is on the new cd. Isn't it great?

Drool Kari.... yes, canadian guys are hot.

yay! I'm getting the cd!

beeniesmom
10-08-2005, 05:43 PM
I finally got the new CD today. It's really great. #3 and #6 are my favorites.

Photograph
Lyrics - All The Right Reasons :.

Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
How did our eyes get so red?
And what the hell is on Joey’s head?

This is where I grew up
I think the present owner fixed it up
I never knew we ever went without
The second floor is hard for sneakin’ out

This is where I went to school
Most of the time had better things to do
Criminal record says I broke in twice
I must’ve done it half a dozen times

I wonder if it’s too late
Should I go back and try to graduate
Life’s better now than it was back then
If I was them, I wouldn’t let me in

Every memory of looking out the back door
I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
It’s hard to say
It’s time to say it
Goodbye, Goodbye
Every memory of walking out the front door
I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for

It's hard to say
It’s time to say it
Goodbye, Goodbye

Remember the old arcade
Blew every dollar that we ever made
The cops hated us hangin’ out
They say somebody went and burned it down

We used to listen to the radio
And sing along with every song we’d know
We said someday we’d find out how it feels
To sing to more than just the steering wheel

Kim’s the first girl I kissed
I was so nervous that I nearly missed
She’s had a couple of kids since then
I haven’t seen her since God knows when

I miss that town
I miss their faces
You can’t erase
You can’t replace it
I miss it now
I can’t believe it
So hard to stay
Too hard to leave it
If I could relive those days
I know the one thing that would never change

Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
Every time I do it makes me

Jessika
10-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Ugh they used to be good but their music just really irks me now. A lot is really degrading to women. :(

beeniesmom
10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Ugh they used to be good but their music just really irks me now. A lot is really degrading to women. :(

Ummm degrading to women.... :confused:

Don't recall any songs that are.

Far Away
Lyrics - All The Right Reasons :.

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there’s just one left
‘Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
and you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore

One my knees, I’ll ask
Last chance for one last dance
‘Cause with you, I’d withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I’d give it all
I’d give for us
Give anything but I won’t give up
‘Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
And I miss you
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
and you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore

So far away
So far away
But you know, you know, you know

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
‘Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
‘Cause I’m not leaving
Hold on to me and
never let me go

Jessika
10-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I was probably thinking of.... agg dammit, the other band that sounds EXACTLY the same as Nickleback. Not Puddle of Mudd but the other band.

But anyway, they all sound the same to me and I just don't like that sound. At all. O_o

carole
10-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Well ya know a lot of people love Eminem, I even like some of his stuff myself, but his lyrics are almost disgusting to say the least, I should not even listen to it, but we do because we enjoy the beat, half the time I must confess I never know the lyrics anyhow, I am famous for making them up myself, just ask my kids, I never ever get them right, maybe it is just as well. :D

gemini9961
10-09-2005, 09:01 AM
I saw them in concert here in Tampa, probably 2 years ago. They were pretty good. But probably the best concert I saw was Incubus. They are incredible live. Lead singer there is a hottie as well. :D

belterv
11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I only LOVE them!!!

xcolbi
11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I absolutely LOVE Nickelback!!!

carole
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Gosh on just checking that thread it was started over a year ago, because i am coming up for my 49 birthday and i still love them lol :D

manda_moo87
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I love them. :D

Catsnclay
11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Gosh on just checking that thread it was started over a year ago, because i am coming up for my 49 birthday and i still love them lol :D

:D My husband & I are fans too! Plus we are, um ol...... Baby Boomers! (I turn 51 tomorrow!!)

Argranade
11-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Not my type ... I like Punkish stuff better.

Honestly everytime I hear that band I change the station .. no offence.

kimlovescats
11-29-2006, 08:56 PM
My daughter (Amanda - 17) likes them and introduced me to them. I like them too, and I'm 42! :D

Vette
11-30-2006, 06:28 AM
I've never heard of them :o

:eek: They are the ones that did the 'Far Away' song

thats the only song i know by them though :o
to bad my friend Amron isnt a member of Pet Talk,, she LOVES Nicklebak