PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 126- Show me a trick!

RICHARD
09-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Because of all the tension we have had for the last few weeks I thought that a mindless thursday would be in order sooooooo....

Let me welcome you all to the

First Annual Thursday's Talent Show.

If you have a simple physical talent that no one knows about, but you are really proud of, please show it off for us!!

There are no prizes for this contest.....except for the fact that you can do something that no one expects...

This is Theatre of the Mind, so remember to be descriptive!
---------------------------------------------

The DOTD is......
Mind Eraser

This can be prepared in a rocks glass without ice or in a highball over ice. It is meant to be slurped quickly with a straw. The carbonation in the soda will oxidize the alcohol content into your bloodstream quick.
INGREDIENTS:

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda
PREPARATION:

Build over ice in a highball glass or straight into a rocks glass.

------------------------------------

If I don't see your order right off the bat please be patient.....The people in the office don't know I am drinking during work hours!!!!;)

slick
09-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh, oh....watch this.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. :D :D

A DOTD please...just going into a meeting...:rolleyes:

Kfamr
09-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Can anyone sit as pretty as Simba? It's his favorite trick.
http://petevents.com/~simba/SimbaPost7-21-2005/7.jpg

wolflady
09-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Anything DOTD with Kahlua in it is for me!

I'm just so talented, I have no idea where to begin. I'm facially incline, and can do a lot of weird stuff with my face...heck, you all have seen me, so I know you know what I'm talking about! Heh..

Ok...ummm...a little known talent:
I can actually do this asana (yoga pose) without any difficulty:

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/posesimages/11.jpg
It's called halasana (plow pose).

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2005, 01:05 PM
The only physical talent I have is walking into things - I'm such a clutz. :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

Just did it again last Saturday. Walking through the lobby of one of our State Park's lodges - rustic, historic, beautiful - <thud> OUCHIE! :rolleyes:

Then I have a catch 22. Need a DOTD to ease the pain, but a DOTD makes me even more clutzy, requiring more DOTDs to ease more pain......

So.....line 'em up! ;) :D

Mario, want to see a really pretty purple bruise? Aaaahhh....yes...rubbing cherries on it does make it feel better.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2005, 01:10 PM
I have no talent at anything whatsoever!

I'll just go home and take a nap!

RICHARD
09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I have no talent at anything whatsoever!

I'll just go home and take a nap!

MOFF,
How's about ordering a drink first?

A Cherry Limeade and four Cat nip teas? and some onion rings!!!

Napping with all the kitties!!!!
That takes talent.....You have to make sure everyone stays on the bed. :)

T&P,

Were you a demolition derby driver in a prior life??:confused:

So let's line them up!!!

Done!

Mario, massage therapist???
:)

Wolflady,

Half of PT left with back pains!!

DOTD? DONE!

Kfamr,

Simba gets up a treat...

Done!

What about you?

Slick.....

Here's a DOTD in a sippy cup....

no one will ever know...

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
MOFF,
How's about ordering a drink first?

A Cherry Limeade and four Cat nip teas? and some onion rings!!!

Napping with all the kitties!!!!
That takes talent.....You have to make sure everyone stays on the bed. :)

DONE! Yes, to all the above!
Chester wants to know if you can make him a catnip pie?

:eek: :D

smokey the elder
09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
One of those DOTD's sounds pretty fine about now. So what if I fall asleep in the safety meeting?:p

My special talent is providing a comfy platform for sleepy kitties.:D

lbaker
09-28-2005, 02:45 PM
I can open jars with my feet :o I guess a laaaarge DOTD would be in order. Put it in a jar and let me do my stuff :D :eek:

RICHARD
09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Yes, to all the above!
Chester wants to know if you can make him a catnip pie?

:eek: :D

I THINK I CAN...:)

Chester, I really like you, but if i burn that sucker will you forgive me?

DONE!

Smokey...

Sit in the back where no one can see you.:D

The sleeping platform trick does it for me....

A sippy cup DOTD...take notes and remember...

The Safety Dance

We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine

Say, we can go where we want to, a place that they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind

And we can dance

We can go when we want to, the night is young and so am I
And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet
And surprise them with the victory cry

Say, we can act if we want to, if we don't nobody will
And you can act real rude or totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile

Say we can dance, we can dance
Everything's out of control
We can dance, we can dance
They're doing it from pole to pole
Everybody look at your hands
Everybody taken the chance

The safety dance
The safety dance
The safety dance

We can dance if we want to, we've got all your life and mine
As long as we abuse it we are never going to lose it
And everything will work out right

Say, we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
well they're no friend of mine

;) DONE!

Laurie,

I knew a foot trick was in the making.....

DOTD in the bottle!
DONE!

Karen
09-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I have pretty prehensile toes - I can pick up things like marbles, pens or pencils with my feet, or open certain doorknobs with a foot - but they have to be the old-fashioned kind, as my toes are not preternaturally long, so cannot grip the modern-shaped ones.

No DOTD for me, though, I still have plenty of Fruit2-O with me.

RICHARD
09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I have pretty prehensile toes - I can pick up things like marbles, pens or pencils with my feet, or open certain doorknobs with a foot - but they have to be the old-fashioned kind, as my toes are not preternaturally long, so cannot grip the modern-shaped ones.

No DOTD for me, though, I still have plenty of Fruit2-O with me.

Karen......

Watch out for this group....they will start dropping things to see you do this..;)

Can I get you a straw, glass or ice?

Karen
09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Karen......

Watch out for this group....they will start dropping things to see you do this..;)

Can I get you a straw, glass or ice?

That's okay - as long as they drop three-dimensional things that they don't care if they get touched by feet - not problem. I developed the skill/talent as an asthmatic kid - bending down to pick anything up made me feel like I was "smuffocating," so I'd just pick stuff up with my toes!

No straw, glass or ice required, but I'll save the offer for some other time.

RedHedd
09-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Ooh! David Bowie! Thanks RICHARD! :D

I can do the splits and I LOVE camel pose (it's a yoga pose) ... .but I can't do both at the same time :rolleyes: :p

A nice peach iced tea for me .... and now it's back to work!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM
I THINK I CAN...:)

Chester, I really like you, but if i burn that sucker will you forgive me?

Chester says : DONE

AND THANKS!

He promises to share with his siblings too! (like he would have a choice!) :D

Kfamr
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
I'll take my usual virgin slushie. ;) Having some company over in a bit to swim and BBQ, anyone wanna join us? :)

catland
09-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm an amazing multi-tasker. I can give the appearance of working while posting on PT.:eek: :D

One mind eraser please.

wolflady
09-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
...I LOVE camel pose (it's a yoga pose)...

Ah yes, I know this pose (ustrasana)! It's a good backbend pose! ;)

I can make it look like I'm working while napping at my desk...

:o

This is a very bad habit and I try not to let it happen too often! I just get so tired these days! I hate that! *sigh*

I need a pick-me-up for the afternoon...starting to feel drowsy, speaking of the above! How about a nice coffee with some baileys please!

:D

slick
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
I guess this is not very original but I can scoop the litterbox while talking on the phone. Only trouble is, when I flush it down the toilet the person I'm talking to thinks I've done something else.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

Hey y'all....today started off nice and sunny but now it's drizzling which means our Fall weather has started. Three months of rain coming up.

Oh Kay, a BBQ...sounds great. I'll avoid the pool though...for obvious reasons.:D

Catland....don't you have another talent that involves a deck and a wine glass???;) :D

Hi MOFF, Hi everyone else. Karen, does this mean we can call you "twinkle-toes?"

I'm sure Richard's got some talents that he hasn't mentioned yet! ;) ;)

A double DOTD please. Thanks.

dukedogsmom
09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey all. I had one of the DOTD and now I forgot my trick! So, I'll just sit and watch everyone else. Might as well have another DOTD while I'm at it.

RICHARD
09-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Hey all. I had one of the DOTD and now I forgot my trick! So, I'll just sit and watch everyone else. Might as well have another DOTD while I'm at it.

DDM,

lolololol, YOU GOT IT!
DONE!

Slick,

Drizzle? Send some down here....We are on fire again.
:confused:

Wolflady...

Cafe and Bailey's, DONE!

Catland,

How are you? LOLOL, We will need Byron to identify your pants...

A DOTD? DONE!

MOFF,

Please tell Chester he is welcome.

DONE!

Redd,

Only the best for the patrons.

One Peach Ice Tea!

DONE!

slick
09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Can we please stop and say a prayer for all those in the wake of the fire in California.

Richard, I hope you are safe.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by slick
I guess this is not very original but I can scoop the litterbox while talking on the phone. Only trouble is, when I flush it down the toilet the person I'm talking to thinks I've done something else.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

Hi MOFF, Hi everyone else. Karen, does this mean we can call you "twinkle-toes?"

HI SLICK and EVERYONE ELSE TOO! moff waves

Gosh, Slick, I'd be flushing the phone down the toilet instead of the kitty leftovers!!! :eek:

What a thrill that would be for whoever was on the other end of the phone!!! ;)

Richard: Chester and the gang loved their catnip pie. They were especially impressed with the cherry Mario put on top. They played with it for hours. :D

Prayers for all our California pals who are being effected by the fires. Stay safe and let us know you are ok when you can.

It's only in the 50s here today. Could I have a cup of hot chocolate to kick off the fall season here? :D

gini
09-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Wow - is everyone around here talented or what?

Slick, and I thought you were just gargling when we talk on the phone! - No Wonder!!

A DOTD sounds excellent - even this early in the morning.

See Cat General - I am having a kitty convention over here.

Hmm, my special talent - absolutely none come to mind - guess I will curl up and nap along with MOFF!:D

wolflady
09-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by gini

See Cat General - I am having a kitty convention over here.

Hmm, my special talent - absolutely none come to mind - guess I will curl up and nap along with MOFF!:D

Awww...don't be so modest Gini. You have the best talent for being the hostess with the mostess!!

Have fun with your kitty convention! Please keep us updated on that.

Prayers on the way for everyone in southern CA.

**hugs**

RICHARD
09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by slick
Can we please stop and say a prayer for all those in the wake of the fire in California.

Richard, I hope you are safe.

The only thing that puts me in danger is me.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the thoughts....as I drove home I saw the smoke...
It stretches across the horizon ...scary, but I am far away from it.

MOFF and Chester...
You are most welcome.

Gini,

A DOTD and a blanky....DONE!

Wolflady,

Thank you for your thoughts.....

I'll reveal my talent later on.

lbaker
09-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Just an aside to Karen while I refresh my drinky poo... Karen, Mario is not a bit impressed with the tricks we can do with our toes and feet. He says that's nothing for a clever guy like him, he wants to know if we can do the same thing with our tails like he can :o :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Hello all! The DOTD sounds nice...I'll take one and some CNTs to help calm the kitties down. They arent liking this whole moving thing lol.

Hmmm, you want me to show you a trick? Well I can put matches out on my tounge and I can drive a stick shift with one hand. Is that tallent or just stupidity lol?

slick
09-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Hmm, my special talent - absolutely none come to mind
Pssstttt, Laurie, since we have stayed overnight at Gini's, I think we saw a few of her talents.....won't mention them here though..... ;)
Richard, we've seen your talents.....a glove comes to mind....:eek:

Folks, the weather here is nothing short of pissy. It's dark, windy and we have torrential rains today. Mind if I send a few raindrops down there to put out the fires???

My company is putting on an "end of summer" BBQ today. Lots of burgers to spare. Anyone want to join me? Don't let the rains stop you.

A DOTD please Richard and glad to here you are OK.:) Off to Cat General to see what's cookin' over there.

lbaker
09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
"Pssstttt, Laurie, since we have stayed overnight at Gini's,..."
MMMWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAH! *snerk* ;) :p :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2005, 01:51 PM
In regards to the toe talents....I spilled some water on the floor this morning, and since CJ prefers it out of the tap and not off the filthy floor :rolleyes: I dropped a dish rag to wipe it up. Thinking of those more talented than I, when I was done wiping (with my feet), I tried to pick the towel up with my toes. You would think a towel would be pretty easy....but no go. I had to bend down and pick it up the usual boring way...with my hands. :rolleyes: ;) :D

I bet SoCal wishes they would get some of that rain that was so prevalent in the spring time. Glad to hear all you Californians are playing it safe - thanks Gini. :)

My mind is pretty well blank today already so I might as well complete the job with one of those mind erasers. ;)

Oh, Slick, we had your weather yesterday afternoon and evening - nothing like fall waking us up with a slap in the face! We'll be lucky if we hit the 60's today - although it is bright and sunny with not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful fall weather...now where'd I put that jacket.....

lbaker
09-29-2005, 02:00 PM
:D :D I just made myself laugh.. (I'm so easily amused) when you said that Debbie I was picturing you in the kitchen and I'm just picturing PetTalkers all over the place this evening trying different yoga maneuvers and trying to pick things up with their toes or other toe/foot tricks :D :D Can T&P's Mom and I have another round please?

catland
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Just please don't try to pick up my pants (or in Slick's case, kilts:rolleyes: )

RICHARD
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

Hmmm, you want me to show you a trick? Well I can put matches out on my tounge and I can drive a stick shift with one hand. Is that tallent or just stupidity lol?

AT THE SAME TIME????

TALENT!

dotd? done!

T&P

Done!

Laurie and Catland....

I think we are gonna have to think about a Stupid Human Tricks
Olympics for the bar....:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-29-2005, 04:28 PM
LOL I actually HAVE put out a match on my tounge and driven my car at the same time...and lit a cigarette to boot!

Good news!!! I got approval for my house! I'm actually going to be living in a HOUSE! With a GARAGE and my own washer and dryer!!

*Does a happy dance*

:D :D :D

captain
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I will have a DOTD please Barman .....

All your special talents .............. not sure I have any, other than I do Karate.

dukedogsmom
09-29-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't know if it's considered a trick or not but I can do at least three things at once while at work. Talk on radio, talk on phone and talk to person that took call I'm dispatching. Speaking of stress, I think I'll take another one of those DOTD. It's going to be a long night.

RICHARD
09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

*Does a happy dance*

:D :D :D
There's more talent!

Congrats!

Captain...Long time....

DOTD? DONE!

LOLOLOL,

Karate is a talent... we do need a bouncer...are you interested?
:) ;) :D

DDM,. All those things and stay up late?

:eek:

DOTD, DOUBLE!

DONE!

captain
09-29-2005, 07:15 PM
You need a bouncer ............... at Thursdays????

No Problem ...........

Show me the door ...... you know what I mean ..........:D

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Hmm, some interesting talents in here today...I don't know if I have a talent to share, but I could really use a strong drink (and it's only 10am, it's going to be a long day). Is there any Bailey's left?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2005, 09:42 AM
'Morning everyone, and what a glorious morning it is! Cool, crisp, clear, aaahhhh...<takes deep breath and beats chest like Tarzan> The only thing that could make this day better is if it wasn't a work day. :rolleyes: ;)

I'll start with my usual morning Coke.

What Mario? You won the blue ribbon for your ceiling fan swinging? How wonderful! It's adorable hanging on the end of your tail like that. :) Hope you're careful with your cherry juize, wouldn't want to stain that pretty ribbon now would you?

slick
09-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Morning everyone! As usual, I've made fresh Bailey's for everyone to enjoy. Thank goodness we don't have the rains from yesterday. Hopefully they have travelled south to put out the fires.

Don't have any talents this morning so will just sit down and watch everyone else. ;)

JenBKR
09-30-2005, 10:08 AM
YAY for Slick!! I could really use that Bailey's today...although I am at work, so I should probably take it easy...

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2005, 11:12 AM
HI EVERYONE!!!

Just would like a cherry root beer to go. I have to go back to the doctors this afternoon.

Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed that the blood pressure med I'm on, is working. My pb was 228 over 118. WAY TOO HIGH. I feel better so have high hopes!

Prayers still flying for smokey CA! Stay safe all.:)

RICHARD
09-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by captain
You need a bouncer ............... at Thursdays????

No Problem ...........

Show me the door ...... you know what I mean ..........:D

LOLOLOL,

It's to keep us IN, not OUT....:D

Jen, Bailey's?

DONE!

T&P,

Coke in a Coke cup, 5 ice cubes.

DONE!

Slick,

No rain but Canada has sent the Super Scoopers!!!

Thanks for the Bailey's.......

Hi MOFF.

CRB for you and a good report card from the doc, okay?

DONE!

There are two more fires, One in Burbank and the other in San Bernardino.....

:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
My pb was 228 over 118. WAY TOO HIGH.

:eek: :eek: Gee, I'll sure be hoping and praying the meds are working 'cause you're right, that really is way too high!

Captain, they were talking about bouncers this morning on the radio. One was named 8 ball. Makes me think of a stocky musclebound bald guy. ;)

Richard, I had heard the weather cooperated last night, but that the forcast wasn't good. :( Hopefully they can get a handle on these fires soon, and if they're found to be set by somebody, may they prosecute to the fullest extent. :(

Kfamr
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Hope everyone is well in CA. :(

I'm in an incredibly good mood today - I guess Friday just lifts my spirits. :) Hope everyone else is having a good day, too.

Can I have something Jamaican and non-alcoholic? Know anything of the sort, Richard? I'm listening to Damian Marley and it has me in the mood... :p :rolleyes:

RedHedd
09-30-2005, 03:41 PM
My pb was 228 over 118. WAY TOO HIGH. :) pb? :confused:

slick
09-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I think she meant to say BP for blood pressure. Moff, that's way too high of a number and I sure hope the doc can bring it down. I'm on Atenolol 100 mg daily to keep mine in check.

Any chance of getting a double BM thrown my way? Would love a few of those garlic stuffed olives too! Yum!

Gee, I wonder how Gini is making out in the House of 8. Sure hope Rupert has not made an appearance to scare the "guests".:eek:

RICHARD
09-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Richard, I had heard the weather cooperated last night, but that the forcast wasn't good. :(

It was a weird ride home.....

The San Fernando valley is a huge bowl.

If you are looking at it think of a clock face. A digital clock won't work ;) ....... If you put yourself at the center of the bowl from the 11 o'clock position to around the 6:30 spot there is a plume of smoke on the horizon. The sun ducked below the plume, an angry red sun, at about 6:00- that's forty minutes before the real sunset.

It's hot outside and with a coat on these guys are really earning their money.

Some businesses have donated places where the FM have been able to catch a bite, drink and rest for a few minutes.

In all the turmoil it's nice to see everyone cooperate.

We can only pray.

I know this is really morbid but if you are watching this on TV or over the Web, it's kinda mesmerizing......

-----------------

K,

Hmmmm,
Let me think about that request......

Rootbeer and a splash of coconut is gooD...

----------------

REDD,

I think she meant BP!!!
;)

RedHedd
09-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeow! :eek: that's HIGH! I'm on bp meds too, but my numbers have never gone over 150; in fact, now they're down within the high normal 120/80 range. It's hard work getting it down and keeping it down.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Rootbeer and a splash of coconut is gooD...

Eeeewwwww!!!!! I like Root Beer, but I don't like coconut, and the combination of the two is enough to make me.......oh oh......although it does sound Jamaican and non-alcoholic. ;)

Speaking of Jamaican, how about some jerk chicken for dinner? Mmmmm.....I love jerk chicken!

Gini, I'm jealous. <whine>I wanna meant Micah...and Jonah...and Phoebe...and Basie....and.....and I want Noah to hiss at me....and...well...oh drat....I forgot number six's name...phoey....guess the mind erasers are doing their trick again. :rolleyes:

MOFF, any uppydate on the white coat visit?

**edit**Ha! Just went back to check and she does have only 5! Dont' know where I got six from, but at least I remembered all their names. :D <beams proudly then ducks head and runs to corner table to hide> :o :p :D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi, gang!
Just got back. I did mean BP instead of PB. PB& J was what I ate for breakfast.

Anyway, BP is lower = 201 / 108. Still way too high so now I have another medicine to take plus my other one. I'll start the new one at bedtime. I have to go back next Thursday morning.

All paws and fingers crossed for me, please? The word critical has been mentioned.

Prayers still continuing for all in CA! That's so frightening!

gini
09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Hmmm, MOFF, at least you are in good doctor's care..........I don't like the sound of the word "critical" one bit!!

Root beer and coconut......spppfffftttttt....................... ........

Oh, Mario, I am sorry - did I spit on you?

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by gini
Hmmm, MOFF, at least you are in good doctor's care..........I don't like the sound of the word "critical" one bit!!

Root beer and coconut......spppfffftttttt....................... ........

Oh, Mario, I am sorry - did I spit on you? I don't care for that word either!

Everyone come join the chat room. See the post under the PT will be down thread. But remember to book mark the url. Once PT is down, you won't be able to get the url. :D

RedHedd
09-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Rootbeer and coconut? hmmm .... I think I'll pass on that, but I could use a spot o' ginger or peach tea for my commute home.

Moff, I hope the new meds help lower your BP further. That sounds scary. I always hate it when they start messing with my BP meds as they can make me loopy or loopier :rolleyes:

slick
09-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh Richaarrrrrddddd! I'm getting the shakes again and since PT will be down in a bit, any chance of stocking up before that happens???

I'll take six double BM's for the road. Gotta stockpile you know! :D :D

lizbud
09-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi, gang!
Just got back. I did mean BP instead of PB. PB& J was what I ate for breakfast.

Anyway, BP is lower = 201 / 108. Still way too high so now I have another medicine to take plus my other one. I'll start the new one at bedtime. I have to go back next Thursday morning.

All paws and fingers crossed for me, please? The word critical has been mentioned.

Prayers still continuing for all in CA! That's so frightening!

Moff I really hope the new meds do the trick and get that BP
down to safer levels.I have hypertension also & take the same
medication as Slick and it does seem to help me. Remember they
don't call this "the silent killer" for nothing.Please take care. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Moff I really hope the new meds do the trick and get that BP
down to safer levels.I have hypertension also & take the same
medication as Slick and it does seem to help me. Remember they
don't call this "the silent killer" for nothing.Please take care. :) Thanks all! Good to know I have so much support. The doctor scared the willies out of me!:eek:

slick
09-30-2005, 06:45 PM
MOFF, do you have a BP monitor? I do and check my BP every other day at different times of the day...even at work. My BP is always higher in the doctor's office than it is at home. I've even started to check my blood sugar on a regular basis now. It's just part of being preventative.

Please do take care of yourself....you mean so much to me. :)

lizbud
09-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks all! Good to know I have so much support. The doctor scared the willies out of me!:eek:

I am afraid for you. This sounds like a very good Doctor.He's
doing his job of taking care of you.I don't mean to butt in or
anything, but please do take his instructions to heart. Best of
luck with getting those numbers down.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
*bump* OUCH!
Don't worry, it's just me trying to find my way around this new format! :D
*bump* OUCH!!! :D

Barbara
10-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Moff I was first worried you would bump around too much but now I am rather worried about your BP. Take care! I hope the meds kick in soon. I'm a little paranoid about BP as my mom started to have major heart problems when she was my age (she's 84 now and still survives :) ) but up to now it's ok. *Phew* Going to Italy tomorrow I should anyway stick with a little wine which is good for the heart.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Moff I was first worried you would bump around too much but now I am rather worried about your BP. Take care! I hope the meds kick in soon. I'm a little paranoid about BP as my mom started to have major heart problems when she was my age (she's 84 now and still survives :) ) but up to now it's ok. *Phew* Going to Italy tomorrow I should anyway stick with a little wine which is good for the heart.
I can't really tell how I'm feeling! I've been so sleepy ever since I took that new med last night. I got up, got dressed, took a nap, ate lunch and am now ready for another nap. I sure hope it's not going to be this way forever!!!

Oh, Italy!!!! I've always wanted to go! Have fun!!! Drink a sip of wine for me. My drinking days are long over now. :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi all! Just checking in before the 'net gets turned off and the computers get packed...

Should be back posting from work on monday ;) and I'll be up online at home in a week or less :D

*HUGS* to everyone!!!

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 07:48 PM
I can show you guys a trick, watch this!!

i'm over here...:)

now i'm over here:)

Now i'm here!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I can show you guys a trick, watch this!!

i'm over here...:)

now i'm over here:)

Now i'm here!:D

dukedogsmom
10-01-2005, 08:11 PM
My mild trick is my sig that's centered. Love it!

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Hehehehe. :D :D
I made a new chat if anyone is interested, PM me.
The other got infected by banned PT members trying to cause trouble. This one is private and you will need to register to join, however, you do not need ICQ to do this.

And no, as of yet no one's mentioned and speak of "hot boys." ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Hehehehe. :D :D
I made a new chat if anyone is interested, PM me.
The other got infected by banned PT members trying to cause trouble. This one is private and you will need to register to join, however, you do not need ICQ to do this.

And no, as of yet no one's mentioned and speak of "hot boys." ;)Hee Hee! Now I know how do do your trick!

I was wondering where everyone is. I went to the other chat room and was all by myself, so I left. :)

Corinna
10-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Yahooo one more day of customers !!!!!!! then a week and a half and I'm laid off . MOre pet talk time HAhAHAHAHAHA Whoa this new format is going to take some time to get used to.
How about a DLC please.