PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk support group!

gini
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Now, as most of you know, Pet Talk will be down Friday evening and most of Saturday.

I realized that this may cause serious problems for some of us.......so I thought we might gather together before the "storm" and offer genuine ways we can support each other during this mandatory withdrawal.

I offer chocolate and ice cream........to all who might need something soothing for Friday and Saturday

I am sure others will jump right in and offer other items to help us all get through this desperate time. It is so imporant that we support each other in any way we can.:D :D

Roxyluvsme13
09-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm going to miss PT so bad!!!!!! I offer popcorn! :D I also offer cookies, Kitty licks from Skye, Slobbery kissies from Roxy, and probably a nip on the finger from Rufus :rolleyes: :D:D:D:D:D

furrykidsmother
09-28-2005, 12:23 PM
This is terrible. Maybe we need some of those famous Slushies!!

Roxyluvsme13
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by furrykidsmother
This is terrible. Maybe we need some of those famous Slushies!!
Yum!

luvofallhorses
09-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I can't say no to chocolate and ice cream!! :) and slushies, too ;) ...blue raspberry is my favorite, thanks, gini you're making me hungry! :p oh how's that one thing that you named?? I forgot what the name was dagnabbit!! :o :rolleyes:

slick
09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I offer chocolate and ice cream........to all who might need something soothing for Friday and Saturday
What???? You mean you're not going to offer Rupert???? Sheesh, what ever happened to "sharezies"???:confused: :D :D

Well, I have a confession to make. I'm hardly on PT on the weekends so I won't really experience any horrible withdrawal on Saturday but Friday night will be bad for me.

The only thing I can offer up is an endless supply of Bailey's to carry us through the rough times. Hope that's OK.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
I have another great idea! How about sending each other e-mails? Everyone who would like my address, just pm me, and I will send it to you :)
Gini, do you also deliver overseas? I would like a large strawberry milkshake, with a medium coke, and a small bag of fries :D ; barbecue sauce please :p :cool:
Everybody who woulld love a piece of my delicious "grandma's apple-cake", let me know!! I am famous around here

Anita Cholaine
09-28-2005, 12:49 PM
No Pet Talk on Friday and Saturday???? I'll miss you, guys:(

catnapper
09-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh my! I can pass around the sweet ittle Angel. She melts in your arms and gives good purrs... and maybe all the PT love will help her leg heal! :D

I can also offer up some marshmallow Peeps pumpkins (fresh or stale... take your pick!)

luvofallhorses
09-28-2005, 01:03 PM
eww, catnapper...stale :x you trying to poison us? ;)

beeniesmom
09-28-2005, 01:22 PM
I offer homemade pizza!
:D

dukedogsmom
09-28-2005, 01:37 PM
I offer cornbread cake with walnuts. I just had this for the first time today and it's delicious! I say we all get on AIM in one chat room and have fun.

PJ's Mom
09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
I just baked two loaves of sourdough bread and I'll share. ;)

lizbud
09-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Believe it or not, I think I'll live.:rolleyes: Heck, if this place
were down for a week, I might even get some work done around
the house for a change,I have a spare bedroom that really needs
some re-decorating.:D

anna_66
09-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Well as I'm not going to be around...

I'm offering anyone who wants to come, a ride to the Husky Hike (http://www.adoptahusky.com/hike2005.htm)(this is where I'll be). I'm sure there will be enough doggies there to offer kisses to everyone who attends, and who doesn't love a little doggie kiss:D They will make you forget all about Pet Talk being down!

Roxyluvsme13
09-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I offer cornbread cake with walnuts. I just had this for the first time today and it's delicious! I say we all get on AIM in one chat room and have fun.

A chat room would work!!!!! LOL

popcornbird
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Its going to be night while PT is down for the most part. I often go out on Friday nights..usually to a friend's house, or have friends over at my house, but even if I'm home, I bet I will find several PT'ers online to chat with. ;) I doubt I'll have withdrawals. Even with PT down, there are still PT'ers lurking around SOMEWHERE on the web. :D IM'ing makes withdrawals so much easier...so hopefully, we'll get through just fine. If its too worrying, those of us in the US can go to bed super duper early, and wake up late. Hopefully, all will be well by the time we're wide awake. :D I will miss my early morning PT browse though...:( We should make a PT chat room on Yahoo or something.

So for support...I suggest everyone make plans to chat with their best PT friends Friday night, and Saturday morning. ;) That way you can all be together while we wait for PT to come back. :D

luvofallhorses
09-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I say we all get on AIM in one chat room and have fun.

Great idea!! :) I offer chicken enchilidas!! :)

lvpets2002
09-28-2005, 02:15 PM
:D Ok I will have a little of all of the above && last but least I will try not to go into withdrawles from the down time..

slick
09-29-2005, 07:27 PM
I thought I would bump this up seeing as how the shutdown time is getting close. 24 hrs from now (PST) my link to PT will not work for a whole 12 hours. I'm getting a little "edgy" over here.

However....being in the IT Dept, I know all about upgrades. Sometimes they go smoothly and sometimes hiccups can occur. I sure hope that 12 hrs includes some buffer time to iron out any wrinkles that may occur.

Good luck and thanks once again for all you do! :)

Kfamr
09-29-2005, 07:40 PM
I offer brownies and key lime maragarita pie. :)

Made both yesterday, as well as a fruit salad. Still have half a watermelon in the fridge, too. INDULGE!

Ack. The weekends are the time I really have time to catch up with my pm's and threads and stuff!

Roxyluvsme13
09-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I still offer popcorn and kissies from Roxy and Skye! and maybe some cheesecake YUM! :D

cali
09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
waaaahhhh!! I wont be able to come on tomorow at all :( by the time I get home from work PT will be down :o how will I survive? umm hows about I make cookies for everybody ;)

Corinna
09-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I offer molasses sugar cookies warm and soft.

joanofark
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Why will PT be down?:(:confused: :eek: I'll miss you guys! -Crys-....... ;):p

I'll bring some Angel food cake!:) Yum yum!

Almita
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
I can't say no to chocolate and ice cream!! :) and slushies, too ;) ...blue raspberry is my favorite, thanks, gini you're making me hungry! :p oh how's that one thing that you named?? I forgot what the name was dagnabbit!! :o :rolleyes:

I agree with the bluerasberry I just love anything bluerasberry and can't say no to ice cream and chocolate and other slushies!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2005, 09:36 AM
The thought of PT being down for any length of time is a little upsetting....but I've got my 25th class reunion to occupy my mind in the meant time. :eek: :o :( ;) :D :confused:

:confused: is because I'm confused as to how it can be 25 years already? Wasn't I just 18 the other day?:confused:

Anita Cholaine
09-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Well.........I'll try to spend my time with Anita, but she always sleeps all the afternoon, so, maybe I'll take a siesta with her.......

I'll miss PT!!!!

Randi
09-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Don't panic, I've set up a chatroom for everyone to use while PT is down:

PT withdrawal Support Group (http://www.icq.com/groups/group_details.php?gid=12036957) :D

Or:

PT withdrawal Support Group (http://www.icq.com/groups/chat.php?gid=12036957)

I think you just need to click Add me! Everyone is welcome! :)

slick
09-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
but I've got my 25th class reunion to occupy my mind in the meant time. :eek: :o :( ;) :D :confused: :confused: is because I'm confused as to how it can be 25 years already? Wasn't I just 18 the other day?:confused:
Debbie, I went to my 25th reunion in 1995 and what a blast. I didn't get home until 7:30am the next morning. A bunch of us ended up in an all night restaurant at 5am ordering breakfast. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Have fun!

katienoonan
09-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I offer brownies and key lime maragarita pie. :)

Made both yesterday, as well as a fruit salad. Still have half a watermelon in the fridge, too. INDULGE!

Ack. The weekends are the time I really have time to catch up with my pm's and threads and stuff!

Why oh why did I have to start my diet last weekend:rolleyes:

joanofark
09-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Does anyone want to get on Isketch.com with me while PT is down?:)

dukedogsmom
09-30-2005, 06:09 PM
For those of us that don't have ICQ, let's have some fun on AIM. I can invite you if you want to pm me your name.

popcornbird
09-30-2005, 06:10 PM
For those of us that don't have ICQ, let's have some fun on AIM. I can invite you if you want to pm me your name.

You don't need ICQ to chat. Just log on as a guest. I don't have ICQ either, but it works. ;)

Kfamr
09-30-2005, 06:10 PM
You do not have to have ICQ to join the chatroom.

dukedogsmom
09-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Sorry, didn't know that. I'm at work and thought I would have to download something.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Be strong my friends... in a short while the agony will be over :)

Kfamr
09-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Be strong my friends... in a short while the agony will be over :)

Where did you go? You left us in the chat! :p

dukedogsmom
09-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Work won't let me connect. Oh well. have fun. I'll be on AIM

slick
09-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Work won't let me connect. Oh well. have fun. I'll be on AIM
You know what Val? I logged on....tried to keep up with the chat....then logged off. It's a fun place to be but you really need to read and type fast with so many people on. I'll give it another try later tonight.

furrykidsmother
09-30-2005, 06:59 PM
It is almost time!! I hope that everyone enjoys a good evening and not to many withdrawals!

Karen & Paul, I hope all goes smoothly! Once again, thank you for all of your efforts to make things better!

Be back tomorrow!!

Kfamr
10-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone who joined us in chat last night! I'm afraid I went to bed early :o but did get to chat with quite a few people.

RobiLee
10-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I had fun chatting for the short time I was in there. thanks everyone!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Boohoo, sniff sniff.... I never got the chance to go and chat on ICQ....! Today, there was NO possibility to get on Internet at all. So it was an almost NO-pc-day for me :( :(