PDA

View Full Version : Our new woodstove...

Glacier
09-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I know it's a lame post, but I'm really excited! We finally got our new woodstove all hooked up tonight. It's a thing of beauty! My parents paid for the stove for us as a very generous Christmas gift for the next 10 years or so! Stuart made a deal with a buddy for the huge peice of "butterfly" granite underneath it. We have a couple more things to add--the side "warming" plates and the back guards, but it's usable like this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/stove.jpg
The stove is a Valiant Defiant! It's so much better than our old stove and way prettier! It burns more efficiently, less ash, less smoke, way longer burn time from the same logs with way more heat. Our bedroom has always been freezing cold, it's toasty tonight!

The cats love it. I moved some of their beds to in front of it and Paxil has taken up residence beside it.

I've never been so happy about an appliance!

PJ's Mom
09-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Wow, that's pretty. Congrats! :) Be sure to take pictures of the doggies and kitties enjoying it. :D

trayi52
09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
That is a beautiful woodstove! That would be beautiful in any room!

Willie:)

NoahsMommy
09-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Gorgeous!!!

That granite looks really familiar...I think my parents have that color in either their kitchen or their master bath. They have Uba Tuba and Verdi Butterfly. Are either of those yours??

kimboe
09-28-2005, 12:53 AM
That is wicked, i bet you save a few bucks with that instaed of using gas or electric.
Always good to save money, plus it looks really good!
and the puppers just love it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-28-2005, 07:09 AM
TERRIFIC !!!!
I bet your cats will "take" the granite plate before you know it ;) :D

Logan
09-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Will this be your central source of heat, Glacier? We had a house once that we totally heated with a wood stove. The heating system in that house (a rental house) was horrible and terribly expensive and we loved that wood stove! We have one in the house we own now, too, and use it frequently, but it does not put out enough heat to heat our entire house, even with unused rooms closed off. And we certainly don't deal with the cold temperatures that you do.

Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful gift!!! :D

lvpets2002
09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
:D WooHoo Congrats on the new wood stove & I just think it is grand..

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
MMMMMM, that looks toasty!!!!

Be sure to post pics of all the furkids hogging the heat!!

furrykidsmother
09-28-2005, 09:57 AM
It sure is pretty. Sounds like it will be much appreciated by everyone! I remember seeing a post yesterday about the dogs waterbowl being frozen, so you will probably be making good use of it for awhile!

Glacier
09-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Will this be your central source of heat, Glacier?

It's our only source of heat of actually. The house has always been heated with a woodstove. This is just an upgrade to one designed to heat the whole space. The old one was put in when the house was quite a bit smaller. The last owner did a big addition, but never changed the stove. There are baseboard heaters in a couple room, but we've never used them.

finn's mom
09-28-2005, 10:38 AM
It's very handsome! I'm glad you'll be warmer this year!