PDA

View Full Version : Sassy Pets.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-17-2002, 05:26 PM
Do your pets ever sass you? You know, talk back to you when you are trying to correct and/or reason with them? I was lying down reading earlier when Leonardo, who was lying between my pillow and the headboard of the bed, proceeded to put his hind leg over his head and wash his bum, right in my face. I kept pushing his leg down and he would look at me and put it right back. Finally, I put it down and said, "Will you be a good boy?" He looked at me and kind of huffed then plopped over on his back, feet straight in the air and looked at me upside down. I swear he said, "There! Is that good enough for YOU?"

Then Chester, who has been in rare form all day, knocking things over, chasing his tail, and climbing things he shouldn't, was getting a lecture on why I didn't want him to do those things. I was shaking my finger at him. His response? He sniffed my finger. What cheek! He didn't mind a word I said. I'm in disgrace now. He is lying on the back of the rokcer-recliner with his backside toward me. Resting up for more naughtiness, no doubt. :) :)

They are both cats by the way. (or so they tell me).

LoudLou
03-18-2002, 12:48 AM
YES!!!!! All 3 of mine do! They are no different than teenagers!!!;)

Ila
03-19-2002, 06:50 PM
Oh yes!! Misty really gets sassy at lunch time. Like she is starving to death and we won't feed her. She whines and meows if any one would walk in they would think we are torturing her. She is loud. You talk to her she changes her tone and then gets loud again. She won't stop till you feed her. There is times my husband thinks I stepped on her and I am 6 feet from her she is meowing so loud.:p

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-20-2002, 01:04 AM
Tinky has never sassed me,,, YET. But the guy I work with has two cats and one of them likes to knock it's water bowl over. He says when they happen to be in the kitchen and catch her IN THE ACT that they will scold her like saying NO MAGGIE and she runs away. I know that is normal cat behavior,,,, to run away like that it is just so funny when I picture it in my head. Like when I was being bad when I was a kid wouldn't it have been great to just be able to take off running when you got caught doing somethin bad and get away with it LOL LOL:p .