PDA

View Full Version : Do you have glasses?

Toby's my baby
09-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Ugg. . I got glasses. I had an eye doctors appointment, and they told me I have to have reading glasses. They are ok, but it was really hard to pick, they had so many choices!

Anyways, how many of you have glasses??

petslover
09-27-2005, 08:49 PM
I have glasses that I wear occasionally, but I mainly wear contacts.

Almita
09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
I have glasses I wear them most of the time but I want to wear contacts

Uabassoon
09-27-2005, 09:00 PM
I love my glasses, I have contacts but I only wear them for rugby.

luvofallhorses
09-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes! :rolleyes: I plan on getting contacts.

Karen
09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I have worn glasses since the summer I turned 9 years old. I am very, very nearsighted - I put on my glasses before I get out of bed, otherwise I walk into things (even more).

popcornbird
09-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Nope...only sunglasses. :D

RedHedd
09-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I have worn glasses since the summer I turned 9 years old. I am very, very nearsighted - I put on my glasses before I get out of bed, otherwise I walk into things (even more). Me too! I've worn them since I was about 5 years old. I tried wearing contacts, but scratched my corneas (OW!) and gave them up after that.

Now I love wearing glasses. Wish I could afford more -- I have my readers, distance, sunglasses, bifocals and my magnetic sun glasses. It CAN turn into an addiction!

wolfie
09-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Glasses are cool, I wear glasses! :D I'm nearsighted.

jenfer
09-27-2005, 09:21 PM
i only wear them when i am watching a movie in the theatre or going to a meeting having to read on what's on the overhead projector.

NoahsMommy
09-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Yep, I wear glasses to drive, the movies and class.

I also have prescription sunglasses.

Vette
09-27-2005, 09:50 PM
No glasses for me.

but i think i need some. things far off are staring to look blurry when they didnt before. but its nothing really bad.. and dont want to pay big bucks for slight blurryness.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-27-2005, 09:51 PM
No, but I'm afraid I may have to get them soon. :(

I used to have perfect vision, but it's been getting a little blurry lately. Both of my parents wear glasses, so it's not a huge surprise.

We'll see..

Logan
09-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I voted no because I don't have prescription eye glasses, but at my old age, I do have to use those "granny" reading glasses at times when print is too small or I'm trying to thread a needle! :o Of course, my husband laughs at me and so does my daughter when I push a book further away from my face so I can see it! LOL!!! :o

buckner
09-27-2005, 09:55 PM
I am tested every so often and my vision seems to be getting better as far as being beyond perfect in that department. However, I'm started to wonder if I should get reading glasses and driving glasses. I hate to read, and I think part of my problem is that I can't read more than few pages before everything just gets blurry. And driving, I need night vision glasses, mainly. I can't see those pesky lines. :o

I'm sure if I got reading glasses, I'd prefer to wear them all the time because I read a lot througout the day, even PT!

Sirrahsim
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
contacts were the best investment I (my parents:D ) ever made!!

davidpizzica
09-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Yes, I wear glasses. Would you believe bifocals? At MY age?

Uabassoon
09-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd

Now I love wearing glasses. Wish I could afford more -- I have my readers, distance, sunglasses, bifocals and my magnetic sun glasses. It CAN turn into an addiction!

I'm with you, I would love to be able to have more pairs of glasses. To me they are an accessory, I love going to pick out new frames.

kimboe
09-28-2005, 01:02 AM
i have glasses but i mostly wear contacts. But i have alot of sunglasses. i think i have 10 pairs? or maybe more....

grybai
09-28-2005, 02:52 AM
I ADORE glasses and I refuse to be seen without them except by very close friends. I think I look strange without them (but maybe that's because I look all blurry ;)). In any case, I always love getting new frames and wish I had the money to buy several different pairs.

swimma253
09-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Yes... I have glasses but I never wore them so I got contacts. I LOVE them! :D Their kind of a pain though to put in... I cant wait until Im 21+ so I can laser surgery. :p :rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Yup, I wear glasses! I started at age 16! In fact I have 3 different prescription glasses:
1) I wear these all the time
2) Reading glasses
3) Pc-glasses: these are somewhere between my "normal" glasses and my "reading" glasses :D .I only use these to work on my pc :)

mina'smomma
09-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I have worn glasses since the summer I turned 9 years old. I am very, very nearsighted - I put on my glasses before I get out of bed, otherwise I walk into things (even more).

Ditto except I got mine when I was 14. I now wear contacts most of the time, but I have to have my glasses on to get from my bedroom to the bathroom and my hubby laughs because my face is so close to the mirror that he wonders how I can get the contact in my eyes.

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I have glasses. I don't wear them all that often (mostly because I can never seem to find them) but I have them. I went all preppy and got Laura Ashley frames.

http://www.bestbuyeyeglasses.com/admin/products/newimages/picture/A6L03A00.jpg

lvpets2002
09-28-2005, 08:06 AM
:) Yes I do & I guess some day will go to contacts..

JenBKR
09-28-2005, 08:35 AM
I have them but I rarely wear them...I mainly wear contacts

ramanth
09-28-2005, 08:36 AM
I've worn glasses for as long as I can remember. I have a stygmatism and my eye sight is steadily getting worse. Currently it's -11/-12.

I wore contacts as a teen, but they bother my eyes when I'm on the computer for long periods, so I wear my glasses most of the time now.

I still wear my contacts for special events though. :)

catnapper
09-28-2005, 08:40 AM
I wear glasses and have really bad eye problems right now. I can NOT drive in the dark, and its getting worse. I have undergone every test known to cause eye problems, and all come back sayoing I'm healthy and my eyes are healthy.

I cannot wear contacts. I do too much detail work, and for some reason, I can't read or see detail with contacts in.

PJ's Mom
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't wear glasses, but 3 out of 4 of my kids do. :)

just me
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
At this time i dont, I may need them though.
When I read up close my eyes strain and hurt alittle.
I should have them checked.
Just me...:)

slick
09-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I've worn glasses since I was 10 yrs old. I tried contact lenses years ago but to me, they are too fiddly and delicate. My eyes are so bad that I need to put them on if I get up in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
09-28-2005, 09:29 AM
I wear glasses :). It runs in my family...I'm begging my mom to get me contacts, maybe I'll get them soon. I've had mine since I was 9. They aren't so bad....I still wish I had contacts though.

Maresche
09-28-2005, 09:31 AM
I've worn some form of corrective lenses since I was 2 years old. Bad eyesight runs pretty heavily in my family.

I wore contact lenses for 10 years but recently went back to glasses because they are easier to work with with a baby.

Lobodeb
09-28-2005, 11:40 AM
No glasses here, thank God! My mom is almost legally blind, dad was near sighted and and my brother is totally blind, but yet, I have 20/15 vision. Go figure :confused:

I always feel for people with glasses because I used to take my vision for granted. Now all my co-workers spent lots of $$$ to get lasik, etc. Now, I'm grateful for my vision.

Anita Cholaine
09-28-2005, 11:44 AM
I have glasses since I was 12, but I started using contacts last year, and I have them most of the time:)

Wearing glasses is a family thing here. My dad and my sister wear them, and my mum started using glasses for reading this year.....

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
I have glasses, but I wear contacts 95% of the time!;)

pitc9
09-28-2005, 01:34 PM
I HAVE glasses but wear contacts all the time.

carole
09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
I have reading glasses only which I got in my early forty's, long sighted, the usual thing as you get older, but I am in dire need of new ones.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
I mostly wear contacts. I only usually wear my glasses when I first wake up in the morning to take the dogs outside before I put my contacts in.
I really don't like wearing glasses, I much prefer contacts.

k9krazee
09-28-2005, 04:18 PM
I had them from about 5-8 and then they told me I didn't need them anymore then at 12 they told me I did....I just got contacts about a year ago and I LOVE them, much much better than glasses I think.

Suki Wingy
09-28-2005, 05:15 PM
One eye is 20/20, one eye is a slight bit blurry so sometimes I use my glasses to read, but they really don't serve a purpose. Here they are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ninopup/glasses.jpg

Toby's my baby
09-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Wow, a lot of us have glasses I guess! I knew a lot of people had them, but i didnt think this many did! Wow! O well, a lot of people look 95% better with glasses on, i dont, everyone tells me I look like a teacher. :o

K9karen
09-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Been wearing contacts for 30 years. Blind as a bat and not eligible for laser surgery! I wear a soft lens in the left eye and a gas permiable in the right (better vision) Wear glasses when I get up and right before bed. Always wear reading glasses. I love trying on frames but they look so different once the thick lenses are put in.

grybai
09-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
One eye is 20/20, one eye is a slight bit blurry so sometimes I use my glasses to read, but they really don't serve a purpose. Here they are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ninopup/glasses.jpg

Oh, but those frames are so cute!! Sheesh, if I were you I'd be wearing them all the time!

But then again, I'm a nerd, and I have a thing for plastic frames.

chocolatepuppy
09-29-2005, 05:06 AM
I had good eyesight until I hit about 40! That was about the time they started making all of the print smaller! ;) So I started with reading glasses, now I wear bifocals. I wear them to work, and reading glasses on the computer, then the rest of the time I can see good enough to get around without them! :D