PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

goldenmom
03-17-2002, 12:29 PM
I introduced myself on the "what was your first post thread" but I wanted to properly introduce myself. I have been hopping all over this site trying to firgure out how it works but I do know I just have to push a few button and see what happens! Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!
My name is Judy and Yes by my screen name you can tell I am a Goldenmom!! In fact I own two Goldens...Kaylee who is 10 months old and our newest addition is Tucker who is 14 weeks old. They have both stolen my heart and have made me into a fanatic when it comes to Goldens. I have Golden stickers on my car, I have a Golden license plate frame and now I even changed my licence plate to read "LV GLDNS". I talk to people about my Goldens as if they were kids and everything we do now revolves around them! I'm waiting for them to sign up for soccer practice next!!
I live in Virginia with my hubby of almost 30 years, my three kids are all grown now but somewhat jealous of the dogs. They try to tell me the dogs have more toys than they ever did and they get fed better too!
I'm glad to be here and I am sure you will be hearing from me often Once I learn to navigate this board!
Judy

momoffuzzyfaces
03-17-2002, 12:42 PM
HI, JUDY!
Welcome to Pet talk. It's a great place. I hope you like it here. If you want to learn how to add color to your posts, there is a thread called List of colors. I think it is under the General section. It shows all the colors and also how to do neat things like add bigger letters and smilies. I am fairly new myself so asked about the colors and got a great response. Anyway, if you have questions, just ask. The members are great at helping newbees out.
:) :)

tatsxxx11
03-17-2002, 12:44 PM
WELCOME GOLDENMOM!! It's a pleasure to meet you! And won't all the other Golden mom's (and they out number the rest of us by far!!) be thrilled to meet you and your young family!:) And everyone else of course! I'm having a sunglare attack through myskylight at the moment, and it's getting very hard to type, or see!! But I will get back to you promptly after 3pm to help fill you in on the navigating! Not hard once you've been given the "course!":D I have a feeling that many more people will have jumped in here by then! By the way, my name is Sandra, and my doggies (below) are Star, the 3 yr. old yellow Lab and Cody, my 7 yr.old Husky (x)! Talk to you soon I hope! And love to your babies! (By the way, at my house it's everything "Lab" from license plate to email!!;) Guess you could call me furrrr-natic over Labbies; I understand the furrr-vor you feel for your Goldens!

Angels3
03-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Hi, Judy, & welcome. I look forward to hearing a lot more about your Goldens. That's a beautiful breed. I own a little golden Tibetan Spaniel & 2 elderly Shetland Sheepdogs.
I hope you enjoy being part of the Pet Talk Community...it's the warmest, friendliest & most caring pet site on the net.
Marie:)

Sudilar
03-17-2002, 07:58 PM
Welcome!!! You're going to love it here! Can't wait to see pics of your pups!

goldenmom
03-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Here is the link for our web site...

http://www.geocities.com/luvmygldn/Serenity_Goldens.index.html?1016068426200

the site is still under construction
Judy

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2002, 08:40 PM
What beautiful babies!!!! I myself am a lab fanattic, with two mixes. Sadie is a 17 month old Black Lab/Dalmation mix and Cincy is a 6 month old Black Lab/Beagle? mix. My friends thought my husband and I were nuts having too dogs so close in age, but so far so good. I totally understand about thinking of them as your kids. Ralph and I got married just over a year ago and for now, these are our babies. We even take them to (day)school and to for (training)classes and to all the family get togethers.

Welcome to Pet talk!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Hi Judy, Glad you joined PetTalk too, this is a great site and you will love the people here, they are as crazy about their dogs as we are on Love of Dogs. LOL
Lots of Golden people here, not so many Schnauzer people. I'm really in the minority on this site. LOL
Just take it one click at a time.
Jackie

Crikit
03-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Hi Judy and welcome. Your pups are faboo. I'm Tracy or Crikit or whatever else you want to call me (as long as it's not insulting :D ) and the proud moomie or mummie (depends what dog you talk to) of Smudge a 2 year old male lab cross and Winter a 16 month old female Border Collie...sometimes they do more on the board then I do ;)

mugsy
03-17-2002, 08:55 PM
Welcome Judy!! You will have so much fun here...it's great!!! Btw...where are you in VA? My nephew lives in Charlottesville. He went to UVA for both his bachelor's and his master's and is working for the city plan commission. My husband and I have 15 dogs that are all rescues, but no 2 legged kids (I teach them all day and that's plenty!) Again, welcome and we're glad to have you aboard.

delidog
03-17-2002, 08:55 PM
welcome goldenmom!!!!! i too have a dalmation,lab,houndie mix...her name is delilah!!!!! it doesn't matter what the breed a dog fanatic is a dog fanatic...i even have the dalmation with the bobbing head in the back of my car....and a dal. cell phone cover....and numerous dal. collectibles throughout the house!!!! delilah has spots and blotches....her nicknames are deli, gateway.....the bovine canine!!!! anyway, i just wanted to say welcome!!! you will find many wonderful people here that share your love for animals!!!!
go see "adoremydogs" posts under the heading"i got a new puppy!!!"...it will help you understand all the pettalkers!!!;) :) :D

anna_66
03-17-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm fairly new here too, and it is the best! You'll love it:D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, GoldenMom!!!:) ;) I'm sure you'll love it here! I LOVE Goldens! I have a Black Lab, named Sadie!

Again, welcome!
Sarah & Sadie

Gio
03-18-2002, 05:29 AM
A warm welcome from me too :) . Your babies are SOO precious!

Dixieland Dancer
03-18-2002, 08:09 AM
From one GOLDEN fanatic to another, WELCOME to Pet Talk Judy! We have a lot in common!

Judy, this is Dixie from For the Love of Dogs! I know just how you feel about being a GOLDEN fanatic! I have GOLDEN signs, rugs, Sandicast sculptures, prints, thermometers, and even a Golden Retirever Mail Box! Not to mention the oddles of Golden T-shirts! A different one for almost every day of the week! And in my case my son is only 11 and still at home and he has resigned himself that his mom is nuts about Goldens! He loves them too, especially when they sleep with him!

I checked out your website. Both your babies are beautiful. I have a 10 month old baby too! He was born on May 2, 2001 and is my Dixie's son. My two are like yours in appearance also, the older one is dark and the younger one light!

Your baby looks like he has a lot of potential for the breed ring. Nice coat, lots of bone, and a nice head. Have you thought of showing him?

jennifert
03-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Hi Judy and welcome to Pet Talk!!! You will definitely love it here and find lots of other golden moms and dogs. My name is Jennifer and I have Duncan who I Think is a shepherd, lab, setter, clydesdale cross :p I adopted him from the local shelter in July at 6 months old and he's been a real joy! (Among other things!!) Anyway, my roommate has a golden/lab cross so I've been able to enjoy the breed. They are wonderful, easygoing, smart dogs!
I look forward to getting to know you, Kaylee and Tucker!

KYS
03-18-2002, 08:40 PM
My name is Judy and Yes by my screen name you can tell I am a Goldenmom!! I have Golden stickers on my car, I have a Golden license plate frame and now I even changed my licence plate to read "LV GLDNS". >>>>>>

Welcome Judy,

You certainly will fit right in. :)

aly
03-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Hi Judy! I'm Alyson (or Aly) and have a poodle mix (maybe mixed with Bichon) and a wh fox terrier/poodle/dachshund mix. They are the joys of my life. I spend more money at PetSmart than I do at the grocery store! I work at a shelter and am deeply involved with helping with rescue and training to be a canine behaviorist. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your dogs. Pet Talk is a very addicting site so watch out!!! :)

WELCOME ABOARD!

AdoreMyDogs
03-19-2002, 06:58 AM
Hi Judy :)

Welcome to the site, you'll LOVE it :) And Aly was right, you'll fit right in :)

My name is Leslie and I have 2 mixed breed dogs: Graham and Kersey.

ShepherdLover
03-19-2002, 01:54 PM
Welcome!!! I'm Becky, and I LOVE dogs just like you. There's lots of Golden lovers at Pet Talk. Have fun!

hobird58
03-20-2002, 01:36 PM
Hello Judy,

I am new too. My name is Sally and I have 2 dogs, Bailey (Lab/Dalmation) and Sierra (5mth old Golden Ret.). I have really had fun on pet talk since I joined a couple of weeks ago. Everyone seems really nice and helpful.

Welcome!:D

S & S
(Sally and Sierra)

shais_mom
03-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Welcome to a fellow GoldenMom!
I too am a golden mom, tho I am new at it!
My golden is 6 mos old, red, and full of it!
She is 100% pistol! She is something else to say the least!
Her AKC name is Sweet Shaianne's Grace and she is also known as Keegan Grace.
Her mom has Sweet in her name, Shaianne was my beloved greyhound that crossed to the bridge 9-13-01 (way to early, unexpected) she is the reason I love dogs the way I do, and she helped make me the person I am now. And Grace after my wonderful granmother who loves Keegan and loved Shaianne with all her heart and my girls (kitty included) love it when they visit great-granmda or when she visits us.

Welcome, I can't wait to hear more about your golden babies. Keegan will probably look alot like Kaylee, I can see it alread and Tucker is just precious, I miss that puffy puppy coat!

goldenmom
03-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone..

Thanks for the warm welcome...I think I just might like it here!! It seems like everyone is so friendly and I can tell you all love your dogs so much!!

Shais mom...I know what you mean about them being little pistols! I think it has to do with the red hair!! Kaylee was and still is very rambuncious where Tucker is very laid back. At times I thought Kaylee was goign to make me pull all my hair out but I have to tell you it does get better! Kaylee is 10 months old now and she is settling down some even tho she does still have her moments where "devil dog" does appear. But we see such a change in her on a daily basis and she is growing into one fine lady!
As far as Tuckers coat being fluffy...well lets just say he has lost most of it and right now he kind of looks like he doesn't have a home!! Poor thing, I hope this doesn't hurt his self esteem! He's still a wonderful boy no matter how he looks!
Judy