PDA

View Full Version : Terrible news: Peggy is missing!!!

Kirsten
09-27-2005, 10:38 AM
My mother called me at work two hours ago and and had terrible news: Peggy left the house this morning and didn't come back ever since. She's used to the outdoors, but usually doesn't go far, and she's always coming when you call her - not this time. :( My mother and Reinhold have searched for her everywhere, but she's gone. My feeling is that something terribly happened to her; after all, there are so many wild animals in the forest, raccoons, foxes, owls and other birds of prey... and she is still so little! :(

I feared something like this would happen from the very first day they got Peggy! Why didn't they listen to me and kept her indoors? Why didn't they give her to me when the first problems with Rocky occured? She would have been safe here!! I tried not to get attached too much to this little girl, because I knew of the short lives of outdoor kittens, but I couldn't resist her cuteness and totally fell in love with her! I loved her almost as much as my own girls!

Now I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out over this little girl! I would like to believe that somebody "just" took her because they thought she was a stray, but for some reason I feel she's an RB kitten already. :(

My mom has called the local animal shelter, but she's not there. Placing ads doesn't make much sense, because they live in the forest and have no neighborhood. I will suggest to call the vet offices as well, but I can't fight all the horrible images I have in mind of what has possibly happened to her. The last two hours at work I was barely functioning, and everytime the phone rang I hoped it was my mother to tell me she's back, but it wasn't.

Here are the last photos I took of her, last weekend. I breaks my heart to think that when I left her on Sunday, it might have been a final good bye... :(

http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy72.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy73.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy74.jpg

Kirsten

CalliesMom
09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
:( Oh, Kirsten. That's horrible! I pray that they are able to find her safe and sound. PLEASE COME HOME PEGGY!!

katienoonan
09-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Peggy hun, you are worrying your meowie, you need to come home ASAP for hugs and kisses!

jazzcat
09-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry Kirsten. Try to think positive thoughts that she is okay and will show up soon. I will!

Please keep us updated.

(((HUGS)))

furrykidsmother
09-27-2005, 10:51 AM
This is terrible news! I hope and pray that nothing has happened to her. Please Peggy come home!!!

kilbarchancats
09-27-2005, 11:00 AM
oh no, I can imagine how worried you all must be. I feel so sick for you until that little girl comes home safe.

As mum to three outdoor kitties - one more adventurous than others - maybe she just got caught up in some new and exciting adventure and has lost track of time. I swear Max does that, and sometimes even forgets where his home is, he can be gone for days. I wish he wouldn't and stay home more, but that's Max for you.

I found with each of them that as they get older, they inevitably will venture farther afield and maybe (hopefully) today that's whats happened.

Please do let us know of any news, I'll be thinking of you all and will hug the furries even tighter tonight (as if there needs to be a reason). Love and positive thoughts for Miss Pretty Peggy.

laurax.

sirrahbed
09-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Oh Kirsten how scary:( I know you have become quite attached to Peggy and this must be worrying you terribly.

Try to keep heart for now - staying positive that Peggy is not gone but will return.

((((HUGS)))))

Cataholic
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh, Kirsten, I do hope you are wrong! Maybe it is just as posted..she got caught up in the excitement? Will your mom put something of hers/theirs outside? Will your mom sit for her outside? Put food out there? Hold on, sweet Peggy! Don't go from us yet. :(

Kirsten
09-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Thank you everyone. I just called the two local vet offices, but they haven't heard from her yet. At least they will keep their eyes open, just in case somebody brings in a little calico "stray".

My mother has looked for her everywhere, but still no Peggy.
She's crying now and never wants a cat again, she thinks it's not meant to be.

I don't think Peggy got lost and doesn't find her way (unless she's been chased by another animal and ran away), she knows her environment very well.

Kirsten

Sonia59
09-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh Kirsten, I pray that Peggy returns home soon and safe!:(

I know the horrible feeling, my first cat who was an outdoor cat has disappered for 2-3 days a few times. Once or twice, he was trapped in a garage or a building, he dropped in and someone closed the door behind. But if you say that your parents have no neighbours, it's even more scary. Please, keep hope and be strong, I am sure she will come back this evening.

Peggy, little sweetie, please, we want to see you again! You'll be extra-spoiled by mommy, princess!

catnapper
09-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Oh no! I am stunned! I pray that she comes back unharmed!

Barbara
09-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! Come back, little Peggy!!!!!!

Donnaj4962
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Come home little Peggy! Keep your chin up Kirsten. I am sending prayers that Peggy returns home soon. :o

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-27-2005, 12:03 PM
How scary, Kirsten..... .
PLEASE Peggy, come back home if you can!:(

Karen
09-27-2005, 12:06 PM
I am hoping that she just went on a walkabout, and will come home safe and sound.

Logan
09-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I am hoping that she just went on a walkabout, and will come home safe and sound.

Me too!! That is a common occurance at our house!! :o

K & L
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. The sad thing is sometimes it takes something tragic before people realize what they should've done. Hopefully this won't be the case.

Kirsten
09-27-2005, 12:48 PM
OMG, OMG OMG, she's back!!!

My mom just called, and one of the guests of the restaurant said he saw her outside. Reinhold went to call her, and first she was reluctant and acted confused. When my mother called, they were still trying to attract her, but she was shy and obviously in shock, but while we talked, she came in, ate and started purring and playing. She's looking okay now and seems to have no injuries.

We will never know what happened to her today, but my guess is now that she has been chased by an animal and ran further than she usually does, and then got lost. Or somebody stole her and released her (or she could free herself) after a while.

I'm so very very happy that she back, and both my mother and cried on the phone, this time of relief. My mother admitted she hadn't eaten the entire day, because she was crying all the time.

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers!!

Kirsten

mina'smomma
09-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Kristen that is wonderful news. I was praying she would come back.

Kirsten
09-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Thank you!!! Looks like it worked!!! (((HUGS))))

Kirsten

catmandu
09-27-2005, 12:59 PM
THAT WAS FAST WORK,BY THE PET TALKER ANGEL SEARCH,AND RESCUE SQUAD,AND I HOPE,THAT THIS SCARE,WILL HAVE YOUR MOTHER KEEP PEGGY,INDOORS,WHERE SHE WILL BE SAFE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture787.jpg

Donnaj4962
09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
WOW! The prayers and PT angels have really been able to work another miracle!!! WELCOME HOME PEGGY! We are all so glad that you are back safe and sound... and here's to STAYING CLOSE TO HOME IN THE FUTURE! pppuuuuuuuullllllleeease!;)

kuhio98
09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Thank goodness Peggy is home safe!!! (Any chance your Mom will reconsider and keep Peggy inside from now on???)

rosethecopycat
09-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Thank goodness Peggy is home safe!!! (Any chance your Mom will reconsider and keep Peggy inside from now on???)

Ditto.

Glad she got a second chance. But the lifespans of outdoor cats are tragically short.

Happy for you all.:)

catnapper
09-27-2005, 02:28 PM
WHEW! What a relief! I do hope they got the message and keep her as an indoor only kitty from now on. She may not be as lucky next time!

{{{hugs}}} to that sweet little kitty and her concerned aunt!

furrykidsmother
09-27-2005, 02:33 PM
I was almost afraid to check back, but I am so glad I did and it had a happy ending. Peggy, please stay inside or at least don't venture to far again!!

CalliesMom
09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
WAHOO!!!! WONDERFUL NEWS. That made my day!

Barbara
09-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Doing a happy dance here:D

Oh Peggy girl, you scared us all so much.

orangemm
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
OMG, I was so scared when I read the first post...that darling little gir!!!

Thank goodness she is back home safe & sound!!! Please remind your mom that this precious little one should be kept inside...maybe this scare will convince her.

I know how it is, though, it is the WORST feeling in the world when they are missing.

Hugs to you and Peggy and your mom!

sirrahbed
09-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Whew!!

:D :D :D :D :D

rg_girlca
09-27-2005, 06:01 PM
PPPPHHHHHEEEEEWWWWW!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear that precious little Peggy is back home safe and sound. I also pray that this has upset your Mom enough to consider keeping Peggy inside, so something like this will not happen again, especially since there are so many predators out there.

Soapets
09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
WHEW!! (Brow wipes) I am just reading this, and it felt like my heart was in my throat until I got to the post that said she's back now, safe and sound. Your mother's little Peggy reminds me so much of my Little Orphan Annie. I think I would just die if anything ever happened to her like that. I am SO glad she made it back home! What WONDERFUL news!!

Deb

Sonia59
09-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Woah, I am so glad to hear that Peggy is back home! That is wonderful news!!
Rub-rub sweetie! :)

Next time you visit your parents, take pics of princess Peggy, we want to see her again ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-28-2005, 07:27 AM
WONDERFULL news, Kirsten!! Peggy must have been so confused....

prechrswife
09-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Oh, good, a happy ending!:)

catlady1945
09-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Good news. Hope they keep her in from now on. My neighbor's lovely cat just died due to injuries from a car. She was always outside and died way before her time.

rkidsrcats
09-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Whew!! Everytime we read threads that start out with "cat is missing" we start at the end to see if the kitty showed up! We can't stand to think of anyone's kitty lost and alone.

Peggy....stay home!

lvpets2002
09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
:) So glad Peggy is safe now & back home.. I would have been just so beside myself if one of my babies was missing.. I panic if I can not find them from room to room {all are indoors babies}.. I sure hope Peggy's meowmie will keep her indoors now..

Kirsten
09-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, I'm afraid they won't listen to me about keeping her indoors only! :mad: Today, I had an argument with my mom because of this; she thinks she cannot get Peggy used to the indoors only after she has been outdoors. I told her that's nonsense, but she doesn't believe me. Besides, their house is not big and it's all on ground level, so she thinks it's impossible to keep her indoors. I'm upset about this.

Unfortunately, in Germany it's still a very common opinion that only outdoor cats are happy cats. From time to time, my co-workers would give me subtle hints that it's animal abuse what I'm doing, keeping my girls indoors only. Lily's first humans are thinking the same. I'm surprised they gave her to me, though.

At least my mother listened to me when I told her how important it is to have her spayed as soon as possible. Originally, her vet has set up an appointment for January, which I think is way too late. She'll be 9 months then, and can easily get pregnant before that time. Besides, as they are living in the forest with no other (fertile) male cats around, Peggy will probably walk long distances when she's in heat, which will expose her to even more dangers. I hate that thought!

Peggy is 5 and half months now, and my mother started lamenting she's too young for a surgery, and that she hates the thought. But I think in the end she knew that I was right. Luna was 5 months old when she got spayed, and there were no problems at all.

BTW, according to my mother, Peggy was acting absolutely normal today, played and ate and purred, and was cuddly. She's doing the elevator butt thing already, so I think she may be getting into heat soon.

Kirsten

AmberLee
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Whew. I'm relieved that Peggy is home safe. Hoping that things work out well for her in the future.

{{{hugs}}}