PDA

View Full Version : new bunny and hen

dab_20
09-26-2005, 09:38 PM
we just got four bunnies at an auction yesterday. (we rescue them and sell them to good homes) one of the tiny brown ones was walking weird yesterday. we figured she was just frightened. when my dad came home she was dead. i feel soooo bad for the sweet baby. i only saw it once, but it was still loved. poor thing, never had a chance at a new life. and we also found a hen dead this morning. she had hatched chicks about a month ago. she was a very good mother. it wasn't a very good day today:(:(

RIP sweet bunny- i am so sorry ppl didn't treat you well.
RIP hen- you were a very good mother, and good chicken.

Flatcoatluver
09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry dab_20 rest in peace did you have a chance to name them???

dab_20
09-27-2005, 05:42 PM
well not the bunny. :( we've had the hen for almost a year. i named her moe (even though its sounds like a boy) because she had a tuff of feathers on her head. i decided to name one of her chicks Moe 2

dab_20
09-27-2005, 05:43 PM
this is what happens to rabbits at auctions:mad: for anyone who thinks about giving rabbits to an auction please dont!

Flatcoatluver
09-27-2005, 05:57 PM
why would someone to that only people who don't care about their animals would do that, take them to a shelter. sorry about your loss i'm sure that bunny had a great life with you guys. i wonder why the hen past away was she a baby when you got her?

dab_20
09-27-2005, 06:14 PM
nope, we acctually got her at an auction too. last november. we just found her dead. we dont know why. the rabbit was only with us for about 12 hours. but i hope they were the best 12 hours its ever had. a nice big cage, and fresh food and water. and friend rabbits in cages around it.

dab_20
09-27-2005, 06:15 PM
it could have been old age. i hope she wasn't sick. she might have spread it to other chickens.

Flatcoatluver
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by dab_20
nope, we acctually got her at an auction too. last november. we just found her dead. we dont know why. the rabbit was only with us for about 12 hours. but i hope they were the best 12 hours its ever had. a nice big cage, and fresh food and water. and friend rabbits in cages around it.
hey she sounded like she ha d the best 12 hours of her life! especially with u guys, she sounds like her bedore home was not very good,

dab_20
09-28-2005, 03:46 PM
thanks everyone. it didn't seem like she had a very good before home

just me
09-29-2005, 07:05 PM
:( So sorry to hear about your bunny & chicken:(
RIP sweet babies...