PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry if this has already been done...

Lobodeb
09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
and if it has, I apologize. But, since there are so many new people, I figured I'd ask what everyone does for a living.

I work as a project coordinator for a national litigation consulting company. We do mock trials and focus groups all over the country and help attorneys (:rolleyes: ) win their cases.

What about you? What's your title and its translation?

Roxyluvsme13
09-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm a Student!! I'm in 8th grade, but someday....I want to be either a handbag designer, a veterinarian, or a pet clothing designer. :)

beeniesmom
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm an accounts manager for a property management company.
I process payments, send bills, deal with tenants (over 600+ people), maintenance, utility companies and property managers.... and a lot of other stuff. Sounds like a lot but it's pretty easy to me.

When I was little I wanted to be a Vet too.
Life throws other things at you.

Ginger's Mom
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Ooh Debby, your job sounds interesting. I am classified as support staff (no paralegal certificate but that type of work) in a large law office. Been doing it too long, and am ready for a change. :)

Desert Arabian
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
I am retail sales associate, I guess you could call me. I hold a retail job in a large sporting goods/farm store called Mills Fleet Farm (http://www.millsfleetfarm.com). I am looking around at the local hospitals/health care clinics for a new job- I might apply at the hospital down the street to be a nutritional aide. This is my last year in high school, so far I have two ideas for college...either I am going to Montana State University-Bozeman to get a BS degree in Equine Science or I am sticking here and going to the local technical college to get an associates degree in Nursing to become a Registered Nurse specailizing in trauma.

Roxyluvsme13
09-26-2005, 03:48 PM
My mom is a nurse!! LPN(licensed practical nurse) to be precise :) I've been to work with her....It's Fun!!

JenBKR
09-26-2005, 03:50 PM
As of right now I work for an environmental testing laboratory, writing reports and doing accounts payable. I do have a degree in psychology, just not sure what I want to do with it yet ;)

chocolatepuppy
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
I work in a factory.

gemini9961
09-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I work at the Lions Eye Institute for Transplant & Research, Inc. lionseyeinstitute.org (http://lionseyeinstitute.org) You can visit that website for more info about our organization. My job as Tissue Screener is to screen all the deaths that come in (we have almost all of Florida as our territory) to see if they are suitable for transplant. We also work with a lot of research outlets such as Alcon. Some might know that name if you wear contacts or have had eye meds before. That's the really basic job description for my job. It's really pretty easy but to someone not familiar with it, it can get quite lengthy if I explain the whole process. If anyone has other questions, I can surely answer them. I used to actually go out and retrieve the eye tissue from our donors. :D

Edit: Spelling error. Ooops.

prechrswife
09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
By trade, I am a school teacher (elementary/primary school). My husband and I have always planned for me to stay home when we had children, at least until they are all in school. As we are adopting our first child and will be traveling overseas before the end of the school year, I did not go back to work this fall. So right now I call myself a stay-at-home mom-to-be.:)

luvofallhorses
09-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I am looking for a job and I take care of the animals while I am at home and I am a co-leader by volunteer for Girl Scouts. :)

davidpizzica
09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I have a physical job. I'm a golf course groundskeeper. I cut grass, take care of the sandtraps, and be a general slave! I have been there at the golf course for 44 years, staring out as a caddy. That's a long time to be at one place.

DogLover9501
09-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm a student right now. I would have graduated last June, but am in a college/adult atmosphere right now, upgrading/finishing some things and taking some courses. I'm hoping to do something medical, Veteraniaran would be my first choice but I'm also thinking about other medical things. Or dog training/behaviorist.

neko1
09-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm the administrative assistant to the Vice President of Research and Development at GAF Materials (US's largest roofing manufacturer)

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm a student, but I'm looking to get a job next summer!:)

Karen
09-26-2005, 05:38 PM
I am a graphic designer by trade. Besides creating websites with Paul, my "other job" is as the Art Director for a magazine. In reality, I am their graphic designer, page layout person, art director, production manager and prodiuction department, website manager, and fiction editor. (Small office - I am also dog-mom when the Sheltie is in residence.)

Flatcoatluver
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
i'm a student but one the weekend I work at a church

prechrswife
09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I am a graphic designer by trade. Besides creating websites with Paul, my "other job" is as the Art Director for a magazine. In reality, I am their graphic designer, page layout person, art director, production manager and prodiuction department, website manager, and fiction editor. (Small office - I am also dog-mom when the Sheltie is in residence.)

My sister is a graphic designer, too.

Roxyluvsme13
09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I am a graphic designer by trade. Besides creating websites with Paul, my "other job" is as the Art Director for a magazine. In reality, I am their graphic designer, page layout person, art director, production manager and prodiuction department, website manager, and fiction editor. (Small office - I am also dog-mom when the Sheltie is in residence.) '

So thats why Pet Talk is such a well designed site!!!! :D

RobiLee
09-26-2005, 06:22 PM
I actually don't even know what my job title is...lol. I work in the cash office at Super Kmart. I count all the money and make sure it all balances and send it off to the bank. I give the service desk money when they need more and pay a few bills along with a few other things. It can be stressful on occasion but most times it is extremely boring.

Daisy and Delilah
09-26-2005, 09:53 PM
After 20 years in the electronic manufacturing business, I'm now working as a Library Assistant. I basically do everything and anything there is to do in the library:)

cali
09-26-2005, 10:03 PM
right now I am nothing, no job and done school.

wolf_Q
09-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm a Groomer (or if you prefer, Professional Pet Stylist ;) ) at Petco.

dukedogsmom
09-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Dispatcher for police.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-27-2005, 04:18 AM
I am a devoted mom, human and fur-kids :)

I used to be a primary school teacher, but I gave up my job 17 years ago. Raising my own kids was top priority for me!

BitsyNaceyDog
09-27-2005, 07:58 AM
I am the manager at a pet bording facility. I am weaning myself out though. I love it there, but I'm ready for the next phase of my life. The assistant-manager is taking my place and I couldn't be happier about it, I love her dearly, she's amazing. Justin and I have been trying to have a baby and I am ready to be at home full time. I love being at home taking care of my husband, my animals, and my house. I hope to be completely out before the holidays but doubt it will happen. Justin and I have never had a normal holiday together because animals don't stop needing care just because it's Christmas :D. I have worked every major holiday for the past 5 years:(.