PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving back to CT...

moosmom
09-26-2005, 10:21 AM
After thinking long and hard about everything, and asking my best friend about staying with her (she has a condo with a pull-out loveseat), I've decided there is nothing keeping me here in Michigan. If I'm going to be miserable, I might as well be around my family and friends. The only glitch is, of course, my cats. I'm down to my original 4 now and am beside myself on what to do.

I called Meg in CT and asked her if she knew of anyone that can foster Mollie and Maya together (they absolutely HAVE to be together) Susie, my best friend since elementary school said MooShoo is welcome (because he has no fur, of course). Besides, MooShoo would get sick if he didn't have me. Meg said she'd do some checking around to see if anyone would be willing to take in Mollie and Maya Linn till I can get my own place. I'd pay all their expenses, of course.

A local feed store has my name in case anyone is looking for a cat, kitten, advice, etc. Well, a girl called me and said that she has tongue cancer and is looking for a playful, lap cat, not a kitten. I thougt of Shortie and I got really upset. But then I kept thinking if Shortie can bring this little girl joy and happiness, why not??? Shortie is still here and I have the phone number in front of me, as I don't want to do anything hasty. She is a sweet cat and it was love at first bite with us (really!!) SHOULD I let Shortie go ?????

I'm going to try and sell what I have possession wise and put the rest in storage.

Give me your thoughts guys. I trust your opinions!!

ramanth
09-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I didn't vote, because I just wanted to say treat the girl like you would any other adopter. Have her send you references and such. Maybe have her come over and meet Shortie.

I'd hate to have you get your hopes up and then the girl change her mind.

Is Moo the only one allowed in the condo?

Oh..and I'll miss you!!!

kuhio98
09-26-2005, 11:47 AM
I voted to let Shortie go spread joy and happiness (and find some) with another person. It will be hard to do, but it sounds like a win-win situation. If you are making plans to move back to CT, you'll miss her but you'll be happy knowing that she is in an wonderful home.

Have you ever listened to Suze Orman? She's that lady that talks to you about finances, etc.? Anyway, her moto is "People first, then money, then things." Well, I always count pets as "People". You have to put yourself first. It sounds like all the signs are telling you that CT is the place for you.

davidpizzica
09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Donna, I voted to let Shortie spread some joy and happiness to this girl. I think that you have given SO MUCH love to Shortie already that I think he can give a lot of himself to her. I think it is right.

shais_mom
09-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I was torn.
I voted for think some more.
But I agree about getting her references and making sure she will be the perfect home for Shortie.
If I had room I would take her in less then a heartbeat!
But Kylie wouldn't like it and I promised her no more kitties - and Shortie wouldn't like Keegan so I am out.
I think this girl sounds good - but in your heart you have to be sure for your own sake and Shortie's.
Good luck.

Karen
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I voted for sharing the Shortie-joy!

If you think hard, I bet you remember the song
"Love is something if you give it away, give it away, give it away,
Love is something if you give it away, you end up having more!"

And what could be a better way of giving love away than, if all her references pan out and meeting her feels right, letting Shortie brighten her days?

moosmom
09-26-2005, 06:37 PM
I called the girl and she already got a pre-owned cat, 5 years old with the stamina of a kitten.

*SIGH* that was a BIG sigh of relief. My Shortie Girl is staying right where she belongs...WITH ME!!! I am keeping my 4 original cats. I don't want to push my luck by asking Susie if I can bring in 4 cats. She doesn't mind MooShoo cuz he's hairless. She afraid they'll jump on the counters (they NEVER have even tried!!)

I made another phone call to a friend (an Old Lyme police officer) to see if he and his wife would be willing to foster Mollie Rose, Maya Linn and Shortie. Howard is in Kentucky till Sunday so she said she'd have to wait till he gets back to discuss it with him. I don't see a problem, but I don't want to get my hopes up either.

davidpizzica
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I called the girl and she already got a pre-owned cat, 5 years old with the stamina of a kitten.

*SIGH* that was a BIG sigh of relief. My Shortie Girl is staying right where she belongs...WITH ME!!! I am keeping my 4 original cats. I don't want to push my luck by asking Susie if I can bring in 4 cats. She doesn't mind MooShoo cuz he's hairless. She afraid they'll jump on the counters (they NEVER have even tried!!)

I made another phone call to a friend (an Old Lyme police officer) to see if he and his wife would be willing to foster Mollie Rose, Maya Linn and Shortie. Howard is in Kentucky till Sunday so she said she'd have to wait till he gets back to discuss it with him. I don't see a problem, but I don't want to get my hopes up either. Oh. Donna! I almost felt your sigh of relief here in Pittsburgh. That young kitty definitely deserves to be with you! I'll be praying for your being able to re-home your crew. {{{{HUGS}}}}

G535
09-26-2005, 07:13 PM
I didn't vote because there's no way I could give up my cat for anything. I lived for four years with him in a small apartment and no one ever knew he was there, it was one of those "no pets permitted" places. I'm sure you'll find somewhere soon for you and your cats. I'm looking for another place myself.

carole
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
No opinions or advice here Donna, just best wishes and good Luck for everything to work out smoothly and your new life back in CT to be everything you wish for. Take care.:)