PDA

View Full Version : Is this food ok for my puppy? Innova. Made in the USA

Sky57
09-25-2005, 03:34 AM
I bought some Innova Puppy food (dry) after getting a very good sales pitch from a nice guy. Also, the ingredients seemd good - to my limited knowledge, but I would really like the opinion of others.

Here are the ingredients as they are listed on the packet:

Turkey, Chicken, Chicken Meal, Barley, Brown Rice, Cottage Cheese, Tomatoes, Hemp Oil, Chicken Fat (Preserved with mixed tocopherois), Flaxseed, Potatoes, Herring, Apples, Carrots, ALfalfa SProuts, Eggs, Garlic, Taurine, Dicalcium Phosphate, dl-alpha Tocopherol, Sodium Ascorbate, Chicory Root Extract, Freeze-dried AEnteroccous faecium fermentation product, freeze-dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, freeze-dried lactobacillus casel fermentation product, freeze-dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, potassium chloride, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, carotene, niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Oidate, Biotin

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein 26%
Crude Fat 12%
Crude Fibre 3.5%
Moisture 10%
Vit E 1000 IU/kg
Vit C 500mg/kg
Linoleic Acids (Omega6) 3.9%
Fatty Acids (Omega 3) 1.3%
Totak microorganisms 100,000,000CFU/LB
4000 kcal/kg
500kcal/cup

Den Anne Pen
09-25-2005, 08:06 AM
It seems ok to me. but then again i'm no expert.:)

I've always had my furkids ok Nutro Natural and they seem great ok that.

Sorry i could'nt be more help.

dragondawg
09-25-2005, 05:05 PM
but the key to any dog food is whether eating it yields a healthy dog? If it does, and the dog enjoys the taste (and you enjoy the price) then by definition it's a good dog food.

Giselle
09-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Innova is an EXCELLENT brand of dog food, and I consider it to be among the best available in the country. If your dog does well on the food, then more power to you!

binka_nugget
09-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Giselle
Innova is an EXCELLENT brand of dog food, and I consider it to be among the best available in the country. If your dog does well on the food, then more power to you!

Ditto! I'm not much of a fan of kibble but if I did feed kibble to my dogs, I would definitely consider Innova. The ingredients are awesome.

lv4dogs
09-26-2005, 09:51 AM
I agree with Gisselle & Binka, Innova rocks! The Innova Evo is even better.
But remember each dog is different & although it is a great food some dogs may not do well on it. I'd sure as heck give it a try!

Sky57
09-27-2005, 04:28 AM
She is eating the Innova but she never finishes it. I don't think she likes it much. I was thinking of making it more enjoyable by mixing some rice and mince lanmb or chicken with it.

Is that OK? would she be getting enough nutritiion if I reduce the kibble and add some rice and minced meat? Any advice would be appreciated. I know some of your opinions will differ and thats ok. I can read it all and make my own decisions. I really want to start being a good dog owner and your experiences will help.

lv4dogs
09-27-2005, 08:41 AM
How much do you feed her & how much does she actually eat?
Is she loosing weight?

With an excellent food they don't need to eat as much.
As long as her weight is kept at a decent level I wouldn't worry about it.