PDA

View Full Version : The Ugliest Dog In The World!!!

lute
09-24-2005, 02:25 PM
i saw this dog on TV last night and had to share. his name is Sam the chinese crested. he has won the World's Uglies Dog Award 3 years running.

http://samugliestdog.typepad.com/photos/sam_ugly_dog_winner/copy_of_sam_july_4_parade_beverly_hills_.jpg
http://samugliestdog.typepad.com/photos/sam_ugly_dog_winner/dsc01513.JPG
http://samugliestdog.typepad.com/photos/sam_ugly_dog_winner/dsc01510.JPG

now i know all dogs are cute in their own little way, but for Sam.....it has to be the personality.

PJ's Mom
09-24-2005, 02:43 PM
LOL

I've seen this one before. In the middle picture, he doesn't look too scary. ;)

GoldenLuv
09-24-2005, 02:49 PM
what in the h*ll is that

PJ's Mom
09-24-2005, 03:01 PM
It's a very old Chinese Crested with cataracts and rotten teeth. ;) I think he's 17 or something like that. I don't remember.

luvofallhorses
09-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by GoldenLuv
what in the h*ll is that

:rolleyes: a cutie

kittycats_delight
09-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by GoldenLuv
what in the h*ll is that

That would be a dog, last I checked anyway. And he is cute. Poor little guy is old, and blind and people say he is ugly and ask what the H*ll is that. I will remembed to enter those people in a contest for worlds ugliest person when they are as old as this little and blind and all.

Jessika
09-24-2005, 03:10 PM
It actually REALLY TICKS me off how his owner is using him to make money!!! Oh yeah everyone look at this poor "ugly!" dog and buy t-shirts with his picture on them!! Yeah let's all poke fun at the ugly dog!!

The poor thing. klsdfjsdfkl I just can't believe she's using his unfortunate situation to MAKE MONEY!

luvofallhorses
09-24-2005, 03:13 PM
I couldn't agree more with you, Michelle. It really pisses me off for people to think he's ugly and it's NOT his fault. I think he's a cutie. 'Nuff said.

lute
09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Jessika
It actually REALLY TICKS me off how his owner is using him to make money!!!

The poor thing. klsdfjsdfkl I just can't believe she's using his unfortunate situation to MAKE MONEY!

i agree. it's not fair to the poor little dog. he's a rescue so i'm sure he's been through a lot. if i were his owner he'd be alseep on a comfy bed at home. not traveling all over the country and pretty much tormenting the little guy.:(

animal_rescue
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Poor guy, I mean even for a crested he is odd looking! Not ugly a dog can NEVER be ugly! But it probably is his age that makes him that way. *Lots of kisses to Sam*

cyber-sibes
09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I saw an interview with his owner, she just loves the little guy to pieces, spoils him everyday. She really treasures him. She says he is absolutley the sweetest dog ever. I think he's very lucky to be so deeply loved. Alot of people would probably take one look and decide to "put him out of his misery", poor dog. (now come on, those of you claiming he's "cute", admit it, on first sight, didn't you think "now THAT'S an ugly dog!" even for a minute? ;) )

Flatcoatluver
09-24-2005, 08:48 PM
i saw the top picture, but i don't remember where

kittycats_delight
09-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
I saw an interview with his owner, she just loves the little guy to pieces, spoils him everyday. She really treasures him. She says he is absolutley the sweetest dog ever. I think he's very lucky to be so deeply loved. Alot of people would probably take one look and decide to "put him out of his misery", poor dog. (now come on, those of you claiming he's "cute", admit it, on first sight, didn't you think "now THAT'S an ugly dog!" even for a minute? ;) )

I can honestly say I never thought even for a second that dog was ugly. I thought poor baby but not now that is one ugly dog.

flamepony12
09-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes

I agree 100%. ;) Even though I was a bit shocked at first, I wasn't thinking for too long that he was repulsive. I've heard that his owner loves him, too... so you guys don't have to worry about that. ;]

Jessika
09-24-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm sure his owner loves him a whole lot since she's making money off of his "ugliness"

Vette
09-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Does he have several dew claws,, or its my eyes playing tricks on me?

thats one old pooch!

Flatcoatluver
09-24-2005, 09:44 PM
i would hate having a dog that ugly and everyone laughing!

Twisterdog
09-24-2005, 10:08 PM
It actually REALLY TICKS me off how his owner is using him to make money!!! Oh yeah everyone look at this poor "ugly!" dog and buy t-shirts with his picture on them!! Yeah let's all poke fun at the ugly dog!!

I disagree. She loves this dog. So she's making some money. So what? The dog is obviously getting a LOT of attention and time with his owner. What's wrong with that? It's not like the dog knows it is being called the ugliest dog, and his self-esteem is suffering for it. He doesn't know. He just knows he's getting lots of attention. If he had won "The Cutest Dog" category, people would think that's great. What's the difference ... to the dog?

Jessika
09-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I disagree. She loves this dog. So she's making some money. So what? The dog is obviously getting a LOT of attention and time with his owner. What's wrong with that? It's not like the dog knows it is being called the ugliest dog, and his self-esteem is suffering for it. He doesn't know. He just knows he's getting lots of attention. If he had won "The Cutest Dog" category, people would think that's great. What's the difference ... to the dog?

If your daughter or son was born with a disease that made her look like a "freak", would you take pictures of her and put them on t-shirts to make money??? Would you have a website devoted to her disability or disease and draw unwanted and unneeded attention to it?? I know I wouldn't, and the same with any dog or pet.

Note, I NEVER said she didn't love the dog. I just think its WRONG for her to make money off of his misfortune.

finn's mom
09-25-2005, 09:40 AM
I do think the dog is ugly, but, I would still love him. I thought he was ugly the first time I saw the picture, and, I still do. I don't really feel badly for him, or think "poor dog", because he doesn't seem to be bothered or affected by his appearance. I don't see how he's unfortunate because he's not the most attractive animal. He's obviously led a long life, so, I'm guessing he's been well taken care of. He appears to be loved and get a lot of cuddles. I would think that the attention he gets is probably curiosity, and, I don't think his owner would allow him to receive any negative attention that would cause him harm, but, I'm also just sortof assuming on that. And, I don't know how much they travel, but, he may travel like a king for all I know. And, it's bringing awareness to the breed, and, to rescues, too. I don't know all the details surrounding the contests and the publicity, but, again, he looks healthy for a dog his age. I don't think it's any different than entering your dog in any other contest, as long as it's not maltreated or harmed in any way. I don't see that it's any different, really, than entering a dog in a dog show because of their physical appearance and temperament. Those dogs travel and their owners make money off of them, as well. And, Sam's just pretty much always going to win any "ugly dog" contest he's entered into, and, that kind of winning streak is bound to get publicity. He doesn't know that people don't think he's beautiful. He may even be afforded the luxury of being around his momma all the time, who knows. He's obviously loved very much, from the little I've seen or read. It does look like he has a lot of claws, though...weird. I think those dogs are nice...and, I hope sweet Sam lives many more years.

Kfamr
09-25-2005, 09:47 AM
She's making money off of his "ugliness" to the general public.
Breeders make money off their dog's puppies.
Dog handlers get awards and such off of their dog's beauty.
I make money off of my dog's photos - on T-shirts, mugs, mousepads, etc.

Each of the above adores, loves, cares for, feeds, etc their dogs.
So, what's the problem?

From his website it seems as if Susie, his owner, has done him a favor. http://www.samugliestdog.com/ I don't think there's too many everyday people who would HONESTLY choose him over all of the other dogs in the shelter.

There are a lot of cute pictures of him on their blogsite:
http://samugliestdog.typepad.com/blog/

Now with that said, I want to trim those nails! :p And numerous dewclaws. :confused:

senorita02
09-25-2005, 09:51 AM
I have always said he is adorable! I have seen the pic before, i love the lil guy!

finn's mom
09-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by senorita02
I have seen the pic before, i love the lil guy!

I do, too! I've met a few of his breed, and, they've all been darlings. :)

wolf_Q
09-25-2005, 10:53 AM
If your daughter or son was born with a disease that made her look like a "freak", would you take pictures of her and put them on t-shirts to make money??? Would you have a website devoted to her disability or disease and draw unwanted and unneeded attention to it?? I know I wouldn't, and the same with any dog or pet.

Note, I NEVER said she didn't love the dog. I just think its WRONG for her to make money off of his misfortune.

A child would know and understand the website, shirts, etc. A dog does not. He has no idea whatsoever and no physical or mental harm is coming to him.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what she's doing, just pointing that out.

vinjashira
09-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
A child would know and understand the website, shirts, etc. A dog does not. He has no idea whatsoever and no physical or mental harm is coming to him.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what she's doing, just pointing that out.

I quite agree - you can't really compare this dog to your kid.

and I would agree with Kay - the owner could at least trim the nails - can't be comfortable with nails that long

AngiBaby
09-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I think the photos are for shock value! The second photo with the mowhawk now that is cute! But you have to admit the 1st and last aren't his best side. I think they purposly made him look "ugly". Poor old man.

Angi

Almita
09-25-2005, 04:51 PM
I saw that doggy in the news he seems to be sweet but when she grabs his foot the dog gets ticked off what kind of breed is it?

Almita
09-25-2005, 04:53 PM
he is a cute dog the only difference between this dog and other is that he doesn't have any fur and has like extra claws or something like that as you can see in the picture! all he is doing is just growling the dog looks cute when it's calm like the 2nd picture doesn't he look adorable!

luvofallhorses
09-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Almita
I saw that doggy in the news he seems to be sweet but when she grabs his foot the dog gets ticked off what kind of breed is it?

He's a Chinese Crested..