PDA

View Full Version : She's a "Pink Lady" now

catnapper
09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Summer lovin'... happened so fast.
Summer lovin'.... got me a cast.

Hey meowmie, enough with the "Grease" references. I'm humiliated enough without having to listen to you sing!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/inthepink.jpg

Poor Angel - doesn't she look pitiful? She's home now (obviously) and has a prescription for Prednizone for the next 9 days. They want to see her again in two weeks, and in the meantime I just wait til Monday to see what the other vet says about her Xrays. When I went to pick her up, it looks like she WILL need that suregery to have her leg pinned. But we have to see what the other vet says first. :(

She's very quiet, has been panting a lot. I didn't know cats could pant. Her ears feel very warm to me, so I've given her ice water. She's spent the majority of her time chewing on the edge of the bandage and grooming herself. :p Please send prayers her way. I'm still very worried about her, but relieved to have her home with a cast to protect her leg.

jenluckenbach
09-23-2005, 05:10 PM
That poor dear baby. :(

kittycats_delight
09-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh Angel sweetie you will be ok. I know you thought you were rid of those old casts for good but it will only be for a little while until they get you all fixed up. You be good for meowmie and take your medicine.

prechrswife
09-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Aw, poor Angel.:( At least you have a nice, girly-colored cast.;)

lvpets2002
09-23-2005, 05:18 PM
;) Aweee what a sweetheart adorable little Angel you are.. Poor baby & bet that is uncomfee.. That look is like & meowmie had put my picture all over the web. Thats ok & now you get well little baby Angel..

CalliesMom
09-23-2005, 05:43 PM
:( Poor baby girl. So it is broken?

Soapets
09-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Awww, POOR, POOR little Angel! You look so sad, but it has to feel better than before, doesn't it? At least that leg is protected for now. You sure are a precious little baby girl! Even though you don't like it much, at least you can worry about the cast now instead of about the pain you must have been experiencing before! You just keep working and working on that cast, and before you know it, it will be time to have it removed!

You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers...... and your foster Meowmie, too, and your potential furever family..........

Deb

orangemm
09-23-2005, 05:49 PM
sweet little Angel, I'm so sorry you're hurting. Have meowmie give you extra scritches and a very gentle hug from me!

(((hugs))))

lizbud
09-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Poor sleepy baby.:( That is a very pretty bandage for the
little girl. Might slow her down for awhile. No jumping around
to re injure it. Feel better soon sweetie.

kuhio98
09-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Well Angel, it could be worse. At least they didn't put duct tape on you! :eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p17f1012243e73b6aedff4c9400d1373f/f8aee3f4.jpg
I was so mortified! But, I snuggled with my Bobcat and he made me feel better. Hope you are back to being naw-tee real soon. Love, Pepper

catnapper
09-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
:( Poor baby girl. So it is broken?
No, its not broken, but from what they can determine from the Xrays, the growth place is covered over where the bone was broken because the bone wasn't set straight. Now the bone that should be growing straight is bowing out. :( She might need to see an orthopaedic vet, and might need to have that surgery where they plate the bones together.

She must really feel bad. I can only imagine how much pain I'd be in if it was me.

catnapper
09-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Well Angel, it could be worse. At least they didn't put duct tape on you! :eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p17f1012243e73b6aedff4c9400d1373f/f8aee3f4.jpg
I was so mortified! But, I snuggled with my Bobcat and he made me feel better. Hope you are back to being naw-tee real soon. Love, Pepper
AWwww... Pepper, what a sporty cast you had there!

CalliesMom
09-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
No, its not broken, but from what they can determine from the Xrays, the growth place is covered over where the bone was broken because the bone wasn't set straight. Now the bone that should be growing straight is bowing out. :( She might need to see an orthopaedic vet, and might need to have that surgery where they plate the bones together.

She must really feel bad. I can only imagine how much pain I'd be in if it was me.

:( Poor thing..I really hope you are able to work things out and possibly get her that surgery.

catmandu
09-23-2005, 06:58 PM
POOR LITTLE ANGEL.I KNOW,THAT SHE IS SUFFERING NOW,BUT ONCE HER LEG HEALS,IT WILL BE A LIFE TIME,OF BEING ABLE,TO RUN AROUND,AND HOPEFULLY NEVER,BE IN PAIN AGAIN.
WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG,I HAD TO WEAR BRACES,WHICH I HATED,BUT MY MOTHER,CONVINCED ME,THAT IT WAS ALL,FOR THE BEST,NAD IT WAS,
PRAYERS,FOR COMING,FOR THIS LITTLE ANGEL,SO SHE CAN HEAL,AND BE WELL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Roadblock2.jpg

catlover4ever
09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Poor Angel, I must say that I do beleive pink is your color. ;) ;)

Hoping you have a speedy recovery. Feel better soon sweetness.

Grace
09-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
Poor Angel, I must say that I do believe pink is your color. ;) ;)

I agree - pretty in pink you are. Poor baby Angel, please give her cuddles from me and my crew. I hope all her troubles will be over with soon, and with little fuss.

chocolatepuppy
09-23-2005, 07:14 PM
More prayers headed Angels way. Poor thing has been through too much for a little kitty. :(

jazzcat
09-23-2005, 10:36 PM
AWWWWW! That poor little girl! Even though she looks lovely in pink I just hate seeing her in a cast again. I'm sure it's so hard for you Kim. Have you spoken to her adoptive parents yet? Does this cause any problems for them? I sure hope not but if it does maybe this is a "sign" that you are suppose to keep her, hehehe.

rg_girlca
09-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Poor sweet adorable Angel. How my heart aches for you seeing you in that cast, even though it is very pretty.

I pray that you are not in too much pain and will be feeling better real soon.

:mad: at that vet that didn't set it properly the first time.

catnapper
09-24-2005, 05:54 AM
*somebody* (will not mention names to protect the innnocent) got a pink cast off during the night. :mad: :rolleyes: :o

kuhio98
09-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
*somebody* (will not mention names to protect the innnocent) got a pink cast off during the night. :mad: :rolleyes: :o Hmmmm, maybe the duct tape wasn't such a stupid idea after all..... :p

just me
09-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Just want to send lots of love and prayers to Angel, and Family.
Be strong, little one.
Just me ...:)

catnapper
09-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Good grief, they gave me an E-collar to put on her. She is NOT a happy camper.

I didn't have a collar small enough but did have a lovely red and pink harness.... I DEFY her to get out of it. She's trying... I had no idea how much of an acrobat she was! :D Pouncer's just sitting there watching her with great interest. :D

momcat
09-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Angel, you little rascal! How did you ever manage to do that? Poor sweetie, we know casts aren't very comfortable and tend to get in the way of things you want to do but we want your little leg to get better. Don't be upset, Meowmie loves you and is trying very hard to help you get better. So please don't give Meowmie or the whitecoat a hard time, they can't help you if you don't let them. What do you say, Angel?

Barbara
09-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Angel you little monkey- keep that cast on your leg. I know it's not fun (had that ankle brace all summer:( ) but it is good for you!

Kissies for you, sweet girl.

lisalee
09-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Angel, you are one very sweet girl. I will certainly have you in my thoughts and I will say many prayers for you sweetheart. I'm sure she will be feeling fine in no time with your love and kindness Kim. Bless you for caring for this sweet girl. I would love to give her a big hug and kiss right now! :)

orangemm
09-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Clever little girl, isn't she?:D

Good luck on that harness; every cat I've ever had managed to get out of them. They are contortionists, their bones turn to liquid so they can escape!

CalliesMom
09-24-2005, 02:21 PM
GASP Angel is nawtee?!?! :D :eek: I guess I would be too if a pink cast was on me. LOL

rg_girlca
09-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh Angel sweetie, you NAWTEE little girl. I know you don't realize this, but you must keep that cast on so that your leg will heal all better.

Also, you HAVE to keep that harness on, like that is going to happen.;)

catnapper
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Ok everyone... she DID keep the harness on but somehow got it on upside down. She took a nap UNDER the bed and when she awoke, she climbed out from beneath the bed with the E-Collar trailing under her tail! :p :rolleyes:

TECHNICALLY she didn't get it off. I removed it. If she was that good to remove it from her head, no matter what I did, it wasn't gonna stay on. Thankfully the cast is a lot higher up her leg than the other one. Its still on, and I have good hopes it'll still be there tomorrow morning.;)

Soapets
09-24-2005, 09:42 PM
See, Angel! I TOLD you that if you kept working at it and worrying about it, it would be off in no time! But I didn't think it would happen THAT fast! Is your last name "Houdini" by any chance??????:D

Kirsten
09-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Poor Angel! You sure look miserable with your new bandage, but at least they chose a girly color for you! Please try to keep it on!

As far as the panting goes... Luna did this the last time she was at the vet's. I figured she was hyperventilating because she was so scared. :(

Kirsten

lizbud
09-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Is Angel still panting? I believe it can be a side effect of the
Prednizone. I know it happens with dogs taking it, don't know
if it affects cats the same way. Hope she's feeling better otherwise.

furrykidsmother
09-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Poor Baby!! I was on vacation last week so I missed a lot. I sure hope she is doing better today and that the cast is still on.