PDA

View Full Version : What's are your favorite season(s) and why??

luvofallhorses
09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
You can like all of the seasons, which I do for the most part. I just thought it'd be fun if we shared what seasons we love and why we love them. :)

My favorite seasons are:

Summer-- Because you get to go camping, swimming, horse-back riding, etc. You can wear shorts and short sleeved shirts.

Fall-- This is my all-time favorite season, because of the leaves changing colors and walking on crisp leaves...there is just something about walking on those crisp leaves that makes you feel all warm inside(sorry if that sounds cheesey. :o )

Winter-- You get to spend time with your family and on Christmas you get to enjoy each other's company and see the ooh and ahh on your family and friend's faces when they open their Christmas presents. Sitting by the fire and drinking hot cocoa and eating Christmas cookies. It is fun to go see other people's Christmas lights.

lvpets2002
09-23-2005, 11:41 AM
:) I like the Fall due to temp gets cooler & the trees change color.. I also like the Spring due to still cooler & everything is blooming the bright colors of flowers..

CagneyDog
09-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Summer- There is no school, there is no stress. I love taking long walks, and swimming the nearby lakes. OOOh, the smell of freshly mowed grass.

Spring- There is spring break, so no school for almost two weeks.

I love xmas, and being with family but I hate snow, and we get lots of snow here!

wolflady
09-23-2005, 11:48 AM
There's something about everything season that I love, but I've always like Fall best. I think it's because it gets cooler, and leaves change color and there's a certain crisp smell in the air.

.powerful
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
There are things I like, and things I don't like out of all seasons.

Fall- I love the colors the leaves change, and I love raking leaves. Fall also reminds me of Halloween, one of my favorite times of the year. I don't like the part of fall once the leaves have fallen off and everything is bare and brown and there is no snow yet.

Winter- I like the begining of winter, I like the first few snowfalls. I love walking in the snow when those huge soft flakes are falling down. I don't like winter when it stays late, I hate when it is snowing in May and I am not a big fan of winter sports, so I am definetely not as atheltic in the winter.

Spring- Spring where I live isn't a great season. It usually snows in the spring months anyway. Everything is still bare and flowers wont bloom for at least two months. Everything is brown, but spring means summer is coming so everyone is in high spirits. I do like it because some baby animals are born and the birds slowly start to return from their long holidays ;)

Summer- Ah, my favorite season. I love the nice weather we have, the farmers market opens and we go there every wednesday. The grass is green, the trees have beautiful, big leaves and the parks are wonderful. I love summer time sports and activities. Ah, I miss summer :p

JenBKR
09-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Fall is my favorite, for basically the same reasons already stated. I love when the leaves change color, and the weather gets cooler. I also love Halloween.

I like most of winter, although by march I am usually sick of snow. But I love the first snowfall of the season - it's almost magical. I love the look of freshly fallen snow that hasn't been disturbed yet, it glistens.

Anita Cholaine
09-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I love spring... Flowers start growing, birds start singing.... and it starts to get warmer.....I also love fall, but I hate summer where I live... It's too hot and rainy....

Desert Arabian
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
FALL! The leaves are chaning colors, the bugs start dying off (YAY), the temperature is just right- I don't get too hot or cold. And best of all....it's hunting season. :)

Spring could come in a close second, followed by summer then winter.

Suki Wingy
09-23-2005, 03:56 PM
FALL: I am contemplating moving to VT, NH or somewhere when I get out of highschool for the FALL!!! I love everything about it, the crip, cool air, the falling leaves, the changing colors, Halloween, the prelude to winter and the holidays, *Sigh*...
WINTER:
The cold, the christmas spirirt, the warmth of being inside, the chill of a day at the barn, the open fires, the christmas songs, the christmas tree, a time of love and family........

oh, and I HATE humitity, so no soggy, mushy spring and no nasty summer for me!

Barbara
09-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Spring- because it all starts again and I can look forward..

Winter is something I usually love until Christmas- but I hate the long cold months after when you wait for the first green and the first lukewarm air to appear.

kuhio98
09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Autumn is my favorite time of year. I don't like hot weather. Autumn is just right. The nights are cooler, the leaves change color, etc. I don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have "seasons". My worst Christmas ever was in Hawaii. It just didn't seem like Christmas to me without cooler weather.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/gourds_falling_leaves_lg_nwm.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/gourds_falling_leaves_lg_nwm.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/gourds_falling_leaves_lg_nwm.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/gourds_falling_leaves_lg_nwm.gif

Glacier
09-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Winter--I'm healthier and my dogs are happier. I could do without the darkness, but it's tolerable. I love my headlamp collection! Cold weather doesn't bother me at all.

I hate spring and fall. My allergies go nuts. I hate this time of year most of all. I can't handle heat, but that's a rare issue here! I like our summers for the long days.

Pam
09-23-2005, 06:09 PM
I love fall for many of the reasons that you fall lovers mentioned. It is also a time when I begin to take cooking more seriously and we eat better. :p Summer is mainly a "throw something on the grill for dinner" thing. By the time I am sick of the humidity and heat I am also sick of eating things done on the grill. :rolleyes: :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-23-2005, 06:11 PM
My favourites are fall and summer.

Fall- because of all the leaves on the ground and the colours.

Summer- because I can take the dogs to play in the river, no school, temperature outside (unless it's 30C or over...) and lots of other reasons but it'd take forever to list them all...

Flatcoatluver
09-23-2005, 06:13 PM
mine is summer because of no schooL, LOTS OF AGILITY SHOWS, hanging out with freinds untill it is too late everynite, traning untill 12:00 p.m. love the summer, and my b-days in the summer too

Roxyluvsme13
09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Summer!-One....It's my b-day in summer! theres no school, and all those long long days wasted away shopping and spending time on the computer. *sigh* i miss summer, too.....
Winter!-well we usually dont get out of school.....which stinks...i hate the people that decide that,*grr* CHRISTMAS! all those presents, food, and spending quality time with family!, and SNOW! i love snow! roxy does, too....and on the christmas thing again...i love decorating!!!! LOL

chocolatepuppy
09-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Fall is my favorite! The leaves, the cooler temperatures and the anticipation of the upcoming holidays! :)

catnapper
09-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Autumn because of the crsip cool feel of the waether. The gorgeous colors of all the trees changing colors. The cruch of leaves beneath my feet.

Spring because of the fresh feel to everything. The promise of new thigns to come

Summer is the worst three months on earth. I HATE summer. Thank god its almost over.

wolfsoul
09-23-2005, 10:28 PM
My favourite would have to be spring. I feel so wonderful in the spring. The sun starts coming out and I start to feel happy again. Everything smells good and I can start taking off warm winter clothing and let the air touch my skin. It's exhilerating.

I hate winter, but I can never wait because of Christmas! :) I'm already Christmas shopping.

Almita
09-23-2005, 10:51 PM
SPRING--- I like it is during my birthday it at least rains over here when it is in spring but sometimes it is humid and hot. I like it because you are starting to garden and be outside in my backyard swim in the lake and go canoeing and fishing.

SUMMER--- Is ok I don't like it much it gets way too hot we are always in the 100's.

FALL--- I love fall it is so nice it is in the 70's nice to be outside have fun hang out with my friends and I love fall/winter clothes and be comfortable and have fun with my friends at school.

WINTER--- I love it also have fun with my friends and family we have a time off of school get to see my family from Connecticut, Virginia, Colorado, Florida, California and all around Arizona and we have a big party for Christmas and New Year's mostly new years because is it my grandparents anniversary.

cyber-sibes
09-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Fall's my favorite, I love the cool weather, beautiful foliage, crisp air, and I love sweaters and sweatshirts and jackets and hats. I'm not as fond of winter except for the trips to the dogpark, my huskies absolutely LOVE the snow and it's great fun to watch then bounding around in it.

wolfie
09-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Winter winter winter!!! I love the snow, the cold, the sports... everything! :D I love being outside when it's below freezing!

I think my next dog should be a husky. lol.

LKPike
09-24-2005, 09:50 AM
spring because its my birthday

fall because its my hubbys birthday and our 1 year anniversary, and our babys birthdays! (and halloween...) [and turkey day...] .....oh and .... ;)

winter because everything outside dies and I don't have to worry about bug spray :D

just me
09-24-2005, 10:06 AM
FALL, I have always loved it.
Something in the air, the smells, the colors, the harvest.
I must say though, i always get a touch of blues.
But I love it, FALL ROCKS...
Just me...:)

sandragonfly
09-24-2005, 11:10 AM
hummm, I don't hate one..

fall: the colours of breezing leaves, school/work start, (meeting/making new friends) and my birthday.. :D

winter: pristine & beautiful snow, once a year families gathering and new resolutions/goals, life.

spring: perky creatures roaming on green hill, wildflowers, spring breaks & looking forward to summer! :p

summer: pina coladas under sunny & freedom! (adventures - campingtrips, roadtrips, drive/fly to friends' cities/states), a time to catch up a fresh breath. :)

..living on earth can be so expensive but you got a free trip around the sun every year..be grateful. :D

fun question krista!

lisalee
09-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
[ Summer is the worst three months on earth. I HATE summer. Thank god its almost over.
Me too! It seemed like it lasted waaay too long to this year.

I love winter and fall the best. The snow is my favorite thing about the winter, I don't mind the cold either. I'm perfectly okay with taking walks outside when it's in the 20's and 30's. It feels so refreshing. I don't like the bitter cold nights we sometimes get though. I love the cloudy days in winter and enjoying snuggling up inside and also enjoy being active outdoors in the winter time. I would say it's my favorite season. :)

I like the fall too. I love the colors and the leaves falling and I love how it gets darker earlier and of course the nice cooler temperatures. :D

Spring, is just okay to me. I've never been overly fond of spring. The weather is pretty nice though, not too hot yet and I enjoy the rain in the spring. The trees and flowers are also very pretty.

Jessika
09-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm partial to the transition seasons myself!

Autumn -- because it is the prettiest season of all!!
Spring -- its warming up from being cooollldddd... and everything comes back to life!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-24-2005, 03:44 PM
My favorite seasons are fall and summer. I love fall because it's just perfect weather for anything outdoors, not too hot, not too cold. And I love summer because school's out, and it's warmer, so I get to swim, and enjoy "hangin out"!:D;)

buckner
09-24-2005, 03:55 PM
I guess I'd have to say my favourite season would be Winter because it has more perks than any of the others.

I love cold weather, something about snuggly up in sweats and a hoodie is nice. :) I also love Christmas/Thanksgiving/Holidays during the winter because I love getting together with my family and celebrating. Seeing all of them is very nice. I also love hot chocolate and that's not the kind of thing you can drink in the summer. Snow is also very intriguing, especially the first snowfall of the year! :)

I love Fall's weather, temperature wise, because it's cool and not humid/hot anymore. The trees changing colour is also very breathtaking, but my body can't up with the allergies. I'm typically suffering all Spring and Fall because of the allergies.

Summer is just TOO hot! UGH.

sandragonfly
09-24-2005, 04:07 PM
oh yes.. fall's sweet yams & winter's egg nogs!! :D :D having them pretty often is not as special as having them once a year.. :o

but where I live.. we have like 9 seasons! :rolleyes:

joanofark
09-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Everyone asks me this!:p I always say it is just WAY to hard to choose. I like them ALL for their own resons. But there is also things I don't like about them....

Summer- Because there is no school. You can go swimming and do outside things. Whenever you want and don't have to worry about school. But I don't like it when it gets so hot even the pool can't cool you off YUCK!

Fall- Like everyone said, Becuse it is so pretty! The leaves changing colors, the perfect breeze that makes that awsome sound with the leaves that have fallen off the trees, and I love raking leaves. But I don't like it as much when all the trees have no leaves and there is no snow. And it is kind of just in the middle.

Winter- Because of the first snow and sled riding!It's pretty and quiet. Also my two favorite holidays- Christmas and St. Valentines day. All the christmas lights. Also getting to wear hoodies and pants. OH and New years! But I don't like it when it snows so much you can't get your car out of the drive way!:eek:

Spring- Because everything is blooming and pretty. I like the fresh smell of spring raqin too! Also My birthday is in spring, so that is also cool too! But I don't like it when it rains a lot!

:):):)

jennifert9
09-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Wow...!! I guess I am alone in this one...I HATE Fall!! Summer is my season through and through!! I find fall so depressing...:(...everything in dying...the trees are beautiful with their colors but it depresses me because they are just going to sleep for the winter...I don't see anything "happy" about that....
I like it for about a week when I can wear sweatshirts and jeans and socks and sneakers again...but then it just gets windy and dark and cold and that brings me down...There is nothing to look forward to but the first snow. And then after the first snow, comes Christmas, which is stressful for my family because we don't have alot of money but we try to give the kids in my family a great Christmas...so money is always tight...and heat bills go through the roof...and the days are so short...you go to work in the dark and you come home in the dark and the only time you see any sunshine is if you go outside at lunchtime....everything is brown and bare...I despise Halloween. Skeletons and spiderwebs and witches and ghosts and ghouls scare me...I hate the negative feeling Halloween brings to the whole month of October. It's all about death and destruction and negativity....YUCK...
ON THE OTHER HAND, (don't eant to be Miss Negative over here :)) I L O V E summer!!! LOVE IT!! It's so gorgeous, all the trees are green and thriving and ALIVE! Life is moving forward...The days are long, the sun is bright and close....Everyday you wake up, the sun is shining and saying "Godd Morning!! Here I am! It's going to be a nice sunny day! Get outside and enjoy yourself!! EXPLORE!! I'm from the Northeast so it never gets "too hot" This summer we had over 30 days in the 90s which is alot for us...but I loved every minute of it!!!! It just makes you want to jump in the river, swim, play, love life!! To me, heaven is summer!! You can walk out of the house in sandals, shorts, a t-shirt, no makeup, your hair in a ponytail, nice comfortable, relaxed....the way life should be...! :D I can understand why those of you in Arizona or SoCal wouldn't like it but than again, you don't have the winters we have here....I'm from Syracuse NY and we often get the most snow of anywhere in the WORLD! Don't get me wrong, I STILL prefer winter over autumn, even with the snow! But, where I am from, EVERY SINGLE DAY that the sun is out and it is fairly warm is appreciated...we take full advantage of it every chance we get!! Festivals, parties, picnics, tons of parks, everyone has boats and camps and holds BBQs and summer is just such a HAPPY time in my part of the world!!!! :D Fall is pretty but depressing, winter is long but a fact, spring is hopefulness and exciting....SUMMER IS BLISS!!!!!!!!! One would think that if I love summer so much I would move South where summers are longer right? Well, my brother lives in Virginia where it is much much warmer but people there don't express the JOY for the warm weather that I experience at home in the summer...they take it for granted and are never outside....I guess I need to say that the L O N G wonters in Syracuse make everyone in the area L O V E the warm weather...we are all outside and happy and it's one big party and I LOVE it. Memorial Day to Labor Day..... :D Swimma (I can't remember the rest of her screen name) is also from Syracuse and I am sure she sees where I'm coming from too....This is my least favorite time of year...it depresses me....It's my boyfriend's favorite time though...
This is a great topic...I love to see how people view the seasons. Although I am the lone fall-disliker! LOL!!!

lizbud
09-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I like Spring best of all. The air is so fresh. You can smell the
earth waking up & flowers growing again.Not to hot & not too
cold, just perfect.:)

dogzr#1
09-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I like each season for a seperate reason. It is too hard to choose which is your favorite.

Summer- I like summer because there is no school. I don't like summer much because it is HOT down here. It is too hot to be outside for more than 3hrs.

Spring- I like spring because it is not really hot and it is not really cold. Everything is fresh and new. Animal babies are born. It rains a little more than usual. It is still in the 90's tho.

Fall- It is the first time it gets below 90. The leaves change color and it is cloudy more often.

Winter- My favorite season. It is cold most of the time. It is cloudy alot. I really like it when it is 50 degrees outside and it is cloudy. That is how it is most of the time. We go to my grandmas house and celebrate christmas. It is really fun! I love winter!!

Karen
09-24-2005, 06:47 PM
I like winter best of all, and always have becuase, frankly, nothing blossoms so there's no pollen, so I can breathe better. Except when it gets really really cold, but I still like it, just don't breathe very well.

There's something great about every season, I could go on and on - remember, I live in New England! I'll try to keep it short - I know, season haiku!

Spring's warmth and new light
Rains bringing new green shoots forth
Flowers' bright beauty

Summer thunder storms
Drama noise and the light show
Clean air afterwards

Fall sends heat away
Coloring the trees and hills
Harvest time beckons

Winter just sparkles
Frost on the windows, snow falls
Earth is clean again

Mud season arrives
Takes us all by surprise but
Maple sap does flow

Seasons fill my year
Ever different, yet constant
Inevitable

manda_moo87
09-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Summer.

I love everything about summer, summers here are great. Its never SUPER hot which is awesome, camping, no school. Ahhh.... that's the life for me. :D

I also like Spring and Fall. Don't like Winter much at all... it basically rains ALL winter year, yeck!!