PDA

View Full Version : doggie door housebroke

poofy
09-23-2005, 12:27 AM
but no doggie door here.:( So Im not to sure about how to housebreak Kirby..I take them out a lot..and Sammy will let me know when he has to go..but kirby is use to a doggy door and never had to let any know so hes had some accidents. And 2 over at my sisters this evening,I took him out for a long walk before we went over there:confused: He does go out side when we go for walks.. I have never had to house train a dog before..Just taught a cat to use the litter box..from the time she was a kitty.So how should I go about helping kirby to let me know he needs to go pottie? I havnet caught him in the act..lol..over at my sisters him n Sammyj were running all over the place and he was realling giving her dogs out side a hard time lol..and I missed it both times..any help would be appricated..Pj

Vette
09-23-2005, 03:46 AM
You could cheat.. and when ever Sammy asks out.. you take Kirby with you. :D

but right now,, since Kirby is so new at your place.. i woudlnt allow him to use the doggy door even if you had one. he needs lots more time to adjust to you,, the house,, your yard.. and even his fuzhead brother. thats a lot for any dog to get used too in a very shor time. i know it seems like hes settled right in,, but he still needs time to create a bond with you yet. it does take a little time. hes probably not even really used to the house yet even.

wish i could be more of help.
but i wish you and your two fuznuggets the best of luck. :)

Vette
09-23-2005, 04:01 AM
P.S

like his new name. ;)

heres a website that i found that you might find helpful
http://www.cal.net/~pamgreen/adult_housebreak.html

poofy
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
no doggy do here vette:) coyoteys like little doggies, so only with me do they go out..lol..any way I take kirby with me n Sammyj evey time we go out. Sammyj has been a little pill so hes not to happy about sharing mommie..:) but will get better as he is really smart as a whip..HEY! Kirby can shake paw..its really cute.
will ck out the site you mentioned..No hes not use to any thing yet poor baby.But hes not confused. Hes one of those dogs that is rip rareying to go..:D :D .Wish I had taken my camera with me over to my sisters last night she has a really large place and they had a ball..ok thanks PJ