PDA

View Full Version : Do you think dogs change in different inviorments??

poofy
09-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Do you think dogs change in different inviorments??
My inviorment is very quite and not very active as im the only human here. ,except when some one comes over and I dont get a lot of company.Mostly just going to the store with others or out to lunch or such.But other wise its just me n the guys, and
they are pretty quite and laid back :) So do you think it makes a difference .
I kept my daughters big terrier mix when he first came out here from ok as a stray..and all the time he was here he was the quetest pupply and when she came to get him and took him home he was really hyper, as they have a lot of activity going on and kids, of cousre hes older now so he has calmed down..but her dogs are much hyper than mine. My sister has one very calm pit(alex) and a very hyper could be cattle dog(Buster) so im just not sure and they are outsidedogs.Here is a really cute pic of buster n alex..they are very cute and sweet.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/anb.jpg

BitsyNaceyDog
09-22-2005, 12:39 PM
It depends on the environment.
My house is a pretty active house depending on the time of the day. Nacey, Nova, and Charlie all love playing with other dogs their size, so in places with other dogs they are often quite active.
Bitsy and Buster don't care for new dogs though, it takes them awhile to be comfortable with other dogs. Bitsy loves new people though, but Buster doesn't.
Charlie is house broken, however in new places he seems to feel the need to mark things. :rolleyes:

cali
09-22-2005, 12:57 PM
yup, when Misty for example is at my house she is just a little bite nutty, but when she goes to others places she is suddenly described as "calm" and "gential" same with Happy, lots of differnt people have differnt impressions of her, depending on where they met her, when she is in my house she is very very layed back acts like she is always in trouble, in a dogsport enviroment she is insane, you can barly hold onto her, and is often described as "that evil dog" in an outdoor enviroment full of people however everyone thinks she is the greatest dog ever, acts super happy and super hyper, when she goes to other peoples houses she is calm and layed back but, does not act upset because other peoples dogs dont try to dominate her, at my house she is bottom of the pack and perky is a meany lol

poofy
09-22-2005, 01:02 PM
thats something isnt it..well that makes me feel better..I thought i was doing something wrong cause if someone is here they get real active , welli should say excited, so that is natural:rolleyes:
Im a very quite and easy going person..It takes me forever to get things done and I mostly hold the dogs or walk the dogs ..lol..the trailer will have to get done soon so they will have more room..lol..
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/kirbylove.jpg

lvpets2002
09-23-2005, 11:30 AM
:) I would think so & I know us two legged creatures do...