PDA

View Full Version : My niece had her surgery....update...

carole
09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Well after three days of turning up and cancellations Charlene finally was operated on Tuesday,it was a three hour surgery and apparently it was worse than they first thought, she will be in hospital at least until saturday, she had been sick, and was feeling pretty miserable, but latest update she is doing better, she is on morphine for the pain, so i am hoping she keeps improving.

Still have to wait and see if the skin graft takes, please keep praying that it will, I don't want her to go through all this ordeal again.

Flatcoatluver
09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
aww good luck and i hope she get's well soon

joycenalex
09-21-2005, 07:53 PM
best wishes for her carole

carole
09-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Thank you both.:)

davidpizzica
09-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Carole, I'm sending plenty of Pittsburgh prayers to NZ for your niece and for you and your family. Also a special prayer that her skin graft is successful. {{{{HUGS}}}}

carole
09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks my dear friend, I heard Charlene is getting rather bored being in hospital, so that is a good sign, she must not be in too much pain, apparently they took more skin than they needed in case the graft does not work, then she won't have to go through that again, it seems to be the bit that is stinging the most, her foot seems ok and is starting to get itchy so hopefully that is a sign of healing, fingers crossed, I sent her up a bunch of goodies so she will be enjoying those, hopefully coming home on saturday, and I may be able to go up and see her next weekend, have the cold right now so don't want to be passing that on whilst she is recovering thats for sure.

davidpizzica
09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by carole
Thanks my dear friend, I heard Charlene is getting rather bored being in hospital, so that is a good sign, she must not be in too much pain, apparently they took more skin than they needed in case the graft does not work, then she won't have to go through that again, it seems to be the bit that is stinging the most, her foot seems ok and is starting to get itchy so hopefully that is a sign of healing, fingers crossed, I sent her up a bunch of goodies so she will be enjoying those, hopefully coming home on saturday, and I may be able to go up and see her next weekend, have the cold right now so don't want to be passing that on whilst she is recovering thats for sure. Carole, I don't blame you for not wanting to pass on your cold. Also, I can sympathize with Charlene about being bored in the hospital! I went through the same thing with my knee. Once the novelity of the operation wore off, there was nothing to do but watch tv. I hope she loves the goodies, and tell Charlene that there is a person in Pittsburgh rooting for her! {{{{HUGS}}}}

carole
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
David she is off home today after lunch so that will be great, it is never fun in hospital, the day she had the surgery the girl next door had visitors playing loud rap music, I mean how inconsiderate, they did tell the nurse who told them to turn it down, but they left soon after that, the last thing you want when you are just coming around from surgery.

There seems to be some problem with her toes, not sure on the details as yet, but hopefully it is nothing too major,thanks for your support my dear friend and everyone else too, it always helps me to share my worries here on PT.:)

davidpizzica
09-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Carole, I'm so happy that she's home. I hope that the problem with her toes isn't serious. Carole, the people on PT are like family, and we support each other.

carole
09-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Yep I agree, she has not been released yet, but they did say after lunch I suppose that could be any time in a hospital, depends when the surgeon gets around to doing his rounds.