PDA

View Full Version : Poor Angel :(

catnapper
09-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm really worried about my little fuzzy foster. A few days ago I noticed her limping a bit. Then I noticed her bad leg seemed to be bowing out a lot more than ever. I called the rescue and asked if I can take her for another round of X-rays... and they helped me set up an appointment for Saturday (I could have had one tomorrow, but that would have been with a "bad" vet, and considering the run of bad luck I've had with her and bad vets, I'll wait the extra two days.)

She slept all day and did NOT play. She hid when her new parents came over for a visit. Even new dad commented on how she wasn't loving and outgoing like before. I told them I am concerned about her leg and how I have an appointment set up Saturday for her. They agreed she looked like she wasn't feeling well. :(

I think the reason she's not been herself is because she's in some serious pain. I think she might have broken her leg again. :(

I worry that waiting isn't too smart in case she DID break it again. but I CAN NOT and WILL NOT be subjected to another bad vet with her. I can't take it! :mad: :o Since she's not doing much of anything but laying around, I don't think she'll cause more damage to it. Perhaps if she was running around like a maniac... but she's just hiding under the bed or in the scratching post.

Everyone, please pray for sweet little Angel! She's been through so much!

carole
09-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh dear poor wee girl, good thoughts and positive vibes being sent your way Kim for lil Angel to feel herself again, and have no more bad things happen to her.

jenluckenbach
09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Many, many prayers for Angel. I sure hope it is a simple thing (like a pulled muscle or something). I'd hate to see her in serious pain again.

catmandu
09-21-2005, 07:25 PM
KARINA,THE MOMMA ANGEL,IS FLYING DOWN,TO WATCH OVER ANGEL.
AND YOU ARE RIGHT NOT,TO DO BUSINESS,WITH THAT VET,I WOULD NEVER GO BACK,TO ANYONE,WHO ACCUSED ME,OF NEGLECTING MY CATS!
NEVER!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/BJ.jpg

rg_girlca
09-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry to hear that poor sweet Angel is in pain. I hope and pray that it isn't broken and she just sprained it.

Big time prayers on the way for you Angel. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Gentle ((((((hugs)))))).

Kim, MAJOR ((((((((HUGS)))))))) for you.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that Angel's leg may be bothering her again.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

catnapper
09-22-2005, 01:18 AM
She really must not be feeling well... she's been in bed with us all night. She only comes to bed when she is hurting. :( Poor Angel.

Kirsten
09-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Poor thing! :( Sounds like she's really in pain! Hopefully it's nothing serious! Sleeping a lot is probably the best she can do now.

Hope the vet will find out what it is, and make her feel better!

Kirsten

orangemm
09-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Poor little Angel! Feel better, sweetie. We are all her thinking of you and wishing you well.

Gentle hugs and scritches................

chocolatepuppy
09-22-2005, 04:50 AM
I will keep sweet little Angel in my prayers.

Lightning SuperCat
09-22-2005, 04:52 AM
ohhhh, I hope she is feeling better soon. Prayers and (((((((HUGS))))))) to both of you that the sweet Angel gets better soon.

CalliesMom
09-22-2005, 07:09 AM
:( Angel, sweetheart, we hope you are feeling better today! We don't like it when you don't feel good.

prechrswife
09-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Poor baby!:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Poor little baby. :( And this right when she is on the verge of a furrever home. :(

Is it Saturday yet? :(

kuhio98
09-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Poor baby, I hope she just sprained something. Please give her boo boo a kiss from me. :)

jazzcat
09-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Poor Angel!!!! :( :( I hope she hasn't broken her leg again. :(

Feel better soon sweetie!

catnapper
09-22-2005, 06:28 PM
She's far worse today. :( I'm almost certain its broken. You should see how bowed her right leg looks.

I have an appointment tomorrow for Minette and then am suposed to deliver her to her new family. I'm half tempted to call her new family and tell them an emergency came up and Minette will take Angel's saturday appt. so that Angel will take Minette's Friday appt. Will a day make much difference for her? :confused:

The people who are adopting Minette are VERY excited and eager to get her. I remember how exciting it was when we adoted Pouncer. I would have been heartbroken to have to wait an extra day. I really don't want to break the poor little boy'd heart who's excitedly awaiting his new kitty.

Man, I worry so much about this little girl! We've through so much together!

lizbud
09-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Poor Angel.:( If every day she waits, she is in pain, I make
the switch of appointments. I'd hate to think of waiting for days
for pain relief if I had even a sprain. Hope she starts to feel
better soon. Good luck with her.

Soapets
09-22-2005, 06:40 PM
I'd hate to be in your situation. I sure hope she isn't in a lot of almost unbearable pain. Is there any other Vet. you can get her in with any sooner?

I also wouldn't want to delay gettine Minette to her new family any longer than necessary. That little boy, especially, must be SO anxious to have her in his arms!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, whatever you decide to do. I know you don't have any obvious or easy choices right now...

Deb

catnapper
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
I had thought of giving her some of the pain meds the girls have left over from their spays. But what f she feels no pain and starts romping and injures it more? Its a Catch-22

Grace
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Isn't there an emergency Vet available for these foster cats?

What if one of them keeled over and was profusely vomiting - would you have to wait until next Tuesday?

K & L
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Isn't there an emergency Vet available for these foster cats?

What if one of them keeled over and was profusely vomiting - would you have to wait until next Tuesday?

I agree! Why won't they take this poor baby now?

lizbud
09-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Is this discomfort so bad she doesn't eat?

catnapper
09-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Is this discomfort so bad she doesn't eat?
No... she just took a flying leap from one table to another to get to wet food, where she pushed others aside and challenged Pouncer. Then she ate like a piggy. :rolleyes:

As for Emergency vet, I don't have clearance for it, and am waiting to hear back from the person who does. And she is currently dealing with Sneakers (the FIV positive boy Jen wrote about.... he's not doing well tonight and refuses to eat. She's beside herself and not answering emails. I can only wait for her to pick up my messages.)

Grace
09-22-2005, 07:33 PM
As for Emergency vet, I don't have clearance for it, and am waiting to hear back from the person who does. And she is currently dealing with Sneakers (the FIV positive boy Jen wrote about.... he's not doing well tonight and refuses to eat. She's beside herself and not answering emails. I can only wait for her to pick up my messages.)

I don't mean to be rude or out of line, but clearance? If an animal is seriously injured or ill, it could die before getting clearance. What is wrong with using common sense?

lizbud
09-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Capnapper,

After seeing you last post.....she still has a great appetite.:)

Thats an encouraging sign. Poor Sneakers, I do hope he can
pull through.:( So very sad for that little one.

Craftlady
09-22-2005, 07:41 PM
I dont understand rescue group work. There should be more than 1 person who can authorize where the fosters can take the little ones to get help. Just in this case when someone is consumed in another emergency.
If it's who is going to pay, I'd deal with that business later and take the little ones to get help especially in this situation where a broken bone is possible. Please dont get mad but if I was a potential adoptive person I would not be happy that a rescue group that I was about to deal with had to wait for someones approval in an emergany or non emergany basis. I'd be going else where to adopt.
I know from previous posts there have been issues with certain vet's at this group the fosters have to take them too. Maybe it's time to put the vets in their place and tell them to treat the animals and the fosters with respect.

rg_girlca
09-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Kim, I was going to say to call the woman who is to pick up Minette and explain the situation to her in regards to Angel, but with what you just wrote about Angel taking a flying leap from one table to another to get to the food, it's sounds like she could have just sprained it and she is on the road to recovery.

Mind you I am just going by what you wrote and I pray that she is doing better tonight.

catnapper
09-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I have NO idea what to think anymore. There are three people to get clearance from. One person who gives authorization says to take her ASAP in the morning. The other said wait til Saturday. The last person is our head honcho who has her head in the sand more often than not. These little "rules" are one reason why one of the directors resigned last week. Its absurd that we foster moms can't do what needs to be done. Some foster moms have abused the open vet policy by taking their own pets... which is why we now need clearance. But after a while they know who is a GOOD foster mom (like me) who would NEVER consider taking her own pets and tell the vet that they are only fosters.

jenluckenbach
09-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Kim, "head honcho" will tell you to take her.....trust me. She is naive, but never says no to a needed vet visit.

Your best bet is to call the vet and ask if Angel can piggy back with Minette's appointment. I bet they'd see her.

catnapper
09-22-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm taking BOTH girls tomorrow. They'll have to deal with it. And trust me, they WILL be seeing both girls. Even if they squeeze Minette in with the bad vet -- all she needs are routine shots. How can she mess that up?

One of the contacts says I should have taken her YESTERDAY... I TRIED, but they couldn't fit me in. I TOLD the hospital that I thought it was broken and they ignored me. Once again, Angel and I have been given bad veterinary care because they don't see the urgency. The vets & assistants are not listening to me.

I feel AWFUL. I feel GUILTY. I feel MISTREATED.

jenluckenbach
09-22-2005, 08:46 PM
{{{{{{POOR KIM}}}}}}}}

We will give them the benefit of the doubt, SOMTIMES there really is no room left (time-wise).

Good luck tomorrow.

rg_girlca
09-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh Kim, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!!! Please DO NOT feel awful or guilty. MISTREATED from the stupid idiotic vet that you have to deal with, YES.

My heart goes out to you and I pray that precious Angel gets the proper help that she needs.

I'm glad that you decided to take her in tomorrow with Minette. I don't see how they can refuse to see her. Afterall, aren't vets suppose to look out for the welfare of animals???????

((((((((HUGS)))))))) for you Kim and chin up girl, everything will fall into place sooner or later and I pray sooner rather than later.

Craftlady
09-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I

One of the contacts says I should have taken her YESTERDAY... I TRIED, but they couldn't fit me in. I TOLD the hospital that I thought it was broken and they ignored me. Once again, Angel and I have been given bad veterinary care because they don't see the urgency. The vets & assistants are not listening to me.

I'd file a complaint with the state veterinary board. You can do it annoymously They will check things out.
That is out and right neglect and stupidity on this clinics part for ignoring their clients.

Grace
09-22-2005, 09:40 PM
I'd file a complaint with the state veterinary board. You can do it annoymously They will check things out.
That is out and right neglect and stupidity on this clinics part for ignoring their clients.

I agree.

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
A broken limb is an EMERGENCY! She should take priority over cats coming in for routine shots, and nail trims! :mad: I would just show up with both Angel & Minette and tell them to look at them between clients if I were you. I do this all the time at my vets, and have needed to fly over when there have been emergencies..and yes, unannounced! They have an office full of people, but when I have animals injured and screaming, the other people can wait..and should accept that! Letting Angel suffer is a darn good reason to report this clinic! :mad: Take them both in, and insist they see Angel!

K & L
09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't understand these foster people. Maybe they need to be looked into how they run their business. Good grief you've tried everything with them!

CalliesMom
09-23-2005, 06:32 AM
I too don't understand how they would refuse to take a kitty if it's leg is broken. However, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT Kim and you should not feel guilty. You have done nothing but the best for these kitties (((HUGS)))

catnapper
09-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Well, Minette, Angel and I walked into the vet. They looked at Minette who was pronounced to be in perfect health and they kept Angel. I am waiting to hear what the verdict is on her leg. I am still wondering WHY they didn't squeeze Angel in right then and there, but I am too glad they're going to look at her some time this morning as an opening comes about.

Silly Angel, I had given her the medicine for campy this morning (which she HATES) and she hid. I couldn't find her when it came time to go into the carrier. So what does a desperate meowmie do? Opens a can of wet food. She appeared out of nowhere FAST! :D

lizbud
09-23-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm glad to hear that she's at the Vets office. I do hope they can check her leg out soon & give you some info.Hope it's not
broken, but I don't think she'd be acting so alert & hungry if it
was.:confused: Hope you get so good news pretty soon.

ps. Don't feel guilty, or mistreated. Stressed maybe, :)

jazzcat
09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
I hope you get some good news about Angel. Poor little girl deserves to be healthy and start her new life with her sister's and new family.

catnapper
09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
I took Angel to VCA this morning and left her there. Dr. S just called and said the leg is NOT broken, however there are some things that cause her concern. She will have Dr. K look at the Xrays when he comes in on Monday, but she feels Angel needs to see an Orthopaedic vet to determine whats really going on with ther leg. She notices that the Ulna (or was it radius?) is bowing, and that there is calicifcation at the top of the Radius (or was it ulna?) that MIGHT have closed off her growth plate. If thats the case, then we'll have some major issues with her leg because the bone cannot grow into the groth plate, and will cause much worse bowing than we currently have. She did mention that it wasn't set straight, so thats why we have the bowing we have now. POOR ANGEL!

She is going to splint Angel's leg and I'll pick her up this afternoon. She is also going to be on prednizone to help with the inflamation.

I feel like crying for this poor little girl! What gets me the most, is this might scare off her new family. They were visibly upset when she ignored them the other day. I don't know if they are going to want to wait for us to finally figure out whats going on with her leg. Then will they be able to deal with the medication she might need? Sigh. Maybe she's meant to stay with me as a foster forever ;) (bwahahahahaha)

lizbud
09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

I feel like crying for this poor little girl! What gets me the most, is this might scare off her new family. They were visibly upset when she ignored them the other day. I don't know if they are going to want to wait for us to finally figure out whats going on with her leg. Then will they be able to deal with the medication she might need? Sigh. Maybe she's meant to stay with me as a foster forever ;) (bwahahahahaha)

Catnapper,

{{{HUGS}}} Just wait till the Ortho Vet has a look at her.
Thay can work miracles sometimes.

Grace
09-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Maybe she's meant to stay with me as a foster forever

I've thought this very thing for quite some time now - http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/16.gif - remember, Flutter needs a friend her own size.

prechrswife
09-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Poor baby.:( I hope the vets can get to the bottom of what's going on with her leg, and that Angel will feel better very soon.

Kirsten
09-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry!!! :( Sounds like a broken leg would have been something easier to deal with.

I totally understand your concern about her future family. Not everyone is ready to deal with life-long health problems... :(

Poor Angel! I hope she's feeling better when the infection is treated.

Kirsten

sandragonfly
09-24-2005, 05:12 AM
sorry I got to this too long..

(((catnapper))), frustrating I know! too bad we can't choke them!

zephyra once limped, terribly.. I really thought she cracked her leg so took her to emergency room, did x-ray three time, showed nothing. no fracture. the vet asked me to take her home, it'll go away on its own.

she limped for nine days, I really thought the x-ray showed incorrectly!! but I trusted my vet (I was her assistant), on 10th, ..more days came, she's all good! it took a while.

but you said angel's leg's not straighten, different. angel, get well little girl! sorry to hear you've been crawling...

take care both,
..gina & zephyra