PDA

View Full Version : The Hurricane Rita thrash thread.

RICHARD
09-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Worse than the ill winds of hurricane Rita, we will all have to
shutter our brains from all the press, politics and just plain dumb statements that will arise from this storm.....

So,without any further ado......

I am waiting for the first person to make the statement that Rita will strike Texas to pay GWB back for being a bad person or some such nonsense...:confused:

-----------------------

All the politicos in Texas are taking a page from the Mayor Nagin Book of Follies....

GET OUT, NOW!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------

Thank God there are no poor people in Texas.

Now that we know that Texas will get help should the hurricane land plug your ears....

"the reason that Texas was more prepared for RITA is because George Bush is from TX and his vacation home is there......"

I don't even want to know about the comments about racism.

Sorry I am so cynical.........but, I know that what I just wrote will be printed or broadcast really soon....

---------------

Be prepared for the flood (no pun intended) of reporters and camera shots of idiots being pummled by wind and rain...

"This is worse that Katrina....."

elizabethann
09-21-2005, 06:06 PM
RICHARD, you forgot about the Keys in Florida. They all evacuated way ahead of time. And I'm sure it's because George called his bro...Jeb, and told him to get those people out of there!

Hey, you asked for it.

:D

;)

In all seriousness...lets hope this hurricane doesn't do any damage to any states. I hope it turns into a tropical storm or just goes away.

RICHARD
09-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Actually,

Jeb rolled up the tip of Florida just enough........

--------------------------------

Yes, no more death or destruction!:(

Scooby4
09-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I know:
Mayor Nagin will somehow make an apearance in Texas AFTER Rita having a press conference yelling: "Don't forget New Orleans!!!" Because he constantly forgets about the rest of the Gulf Coast that ACTUALLY got damaged by Katrina. (New Orlean's damage came from levy failures 2 days AFTER Katrina):rolleyes:
I now state that more illegal Mexican workers will come over claiming that Rita blew them this way... The news networks having no "poor black people" to report on will now take illegal Mexican workers as a "serious issue".:rolleyes: Forgetting of course that the Mexican government sent over members of their own army to help with Katrina's clean-up!
:cool:
I now predict that Rita will hit land no where close to Louisiana but they will continue to have "news conferences" on MSNBC for no apparent reason other to announce that a rain ban came close to the waters outside of New Orleans! Everyone evacauate the area till the government gets it's act together and stop causing crisis management.:rolleyes:

Pam
09-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Richard I am waiting to hear that Florida and Texas are being singled out by God to punish the Bush brothers. :p

dukedogsmom
09-21-2005, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't go that far, Richard. But, I did just order a bumper sticker that has the White House on it and it says "Is it 2008 yet?"
I wanted one that had his picture and said "I voted and all I got was this lousy president." but it wasn't available as a bumper sticker :p

RICHARD
09-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom

I wanted one that had his picture and said "I voted and all I got was this lousy president." but it wasn't available as a bumper sticker :p

What about shoe polish on the rear window???;)

-------------------------

I heard THIS one from a co-worker.

There was a spirited conversation about Katrina in the break room.

One guy said that the space shuttle projected a beam onto LA and THAT is why the hurricane struck that area.

The other statement was...

WHen the levees were built, explosives were placed at that time, to be detonated at a convienient time.

------------------------

Let me say this.

In NO WAY is this thread making fun of any of the tragedy in the
gulf region of the US......

I am interested in the wild and crazy ideas as to why these things are happening.

freedom of speech don't cover freedom of thought!!:confused: ;)

JenBKR
09-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I am sure that we'll be hearing all kinds of things from our 'wonderful' media...Texas couldn't have POSSIBLY evacuated early because they are taking Rita more seriously due to Katrina's impact :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
09-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm- watching the news in the UK this morning my hubby commented that Texas being George's lot will get a lot more help - may be he's not as daft as he looks (my hubby that is, not George Dubya - no one is that stupid without practice!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I think it's all a conspiracy by congress to put out TV shows (and news casts) to paint the President in a bad light and promote women as Presidents, thereby setting us all up for the election of Hillary Clinton in 2008.

How's that for a bizarre theory? ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

dukedogsmom
09-22-2005, 10:05 AM
T&P, bite your tongue! We've got to remember it can get worse, I guess.

JenBKR
09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
It could get worse...Hilliary Clinton COULD become president :eek:

lvpets2002
09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
:o Thank you Debbie & I like that knowledgeable idea..

DJFyrewolf36
09-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm waiting for the rash of extremists who will say that all these natural disasters is God's punishment for things like tolerating homosexuality and "devil music" :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-22-2005, 01:25 PM
And I thought all of you were insane.;)

Everyone knows that GWB is sending Rita to Texas as a political ploy.

He'll get back some of his dwindling approval ratings IF his homestate gets nailed by this storm....

You know....the 'pity' vote....:confused:

lvpets2002
09-22-2005, 01:32 PM
:rolleyes: Are you out of your mind Richard.. There is just as many in TX that disapprove of him as anywhere else.. I never approved of Sr. GB or Jr GB.. Besides do you think he gives a fat rats butt about us anyway = heck he is always :confused: & or trying to look :cool: & this is his last 4 yr term & so he is just riding out the storm so too speak...

Oh Boy who is venting now....

RICHARD
09-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by lvpets2002
:rolleyes: Are you out of your mind Richard..

Why......

Yes I am...

People point and laugh at me....:confused: :o ;)

catland
09-23-2005, 12:59 PM
The worst part is, now I have that Mambo #5 song constantly running through my head.
:eek: :eek:

Lady's Human
09-23-2005, 05:29 PM
http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2005/09/23/news/local/news05.txt

:rolleyes:

The story in the link is about a Pocatello weatherman who is convinced that Katrina was a Japanese plot. Basically he believes that the Yakuza bought a giant electromagnetic generator from the russians and used it to cause the hurricane as revenge for the bombing of Hiroshima. Maybe the Yakuza were working in concert with subversive elements in the US government to blow the levees as well?

just me
09-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
And I thought all of you were insane.;)

Everyone knows that GWB is sending Rita to Texas as a political ploy.

He'll get back some of his dwindling approval ratings IF his homestate gets nailed by this storm....

You know....the 'pity' vote....:confused: :D

:D :D :D HA HA HA HA HA HA ILMBO :D :D ;)

christa
09-23-2005, 10:00 PM
I just heard the theory today about the explosives in the NO levees . . . :rolleyes:

The whole Jap Mafia theory is just brilliant . . . *insert sarcasm*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why can't people just accept the terms "Natural Disaster"???

It will be interesting to see how Rita plays out with these conspirators. I'm sure there will be even more outrageous theories.

I'll be glued to the TV this weekend . . . *insert sarcasm again*

:)