PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Why are people a$$holes jutst for the sake of being a$$holes? Excuse the language, but I am really feeling crappy at the moment and it's all because of a couple of men outside a Wendy's decided that they wanted to rate the women passing in and out of the restaurant.

I got my food and headed out. I walked outside and before I even looked their way, one said "6". He made absolutely no effort to not be heard but even so, I didn't realize what they were doing until the other said "Naw, man - knocked-up chicks are nasty. 2 at best, even her face ain't great an' she fat."

WHY. Why do people have to be like this? I didn't do anything to them. I'm hard enough on myself - especially lately with dealing with my body changing as drastically as it has. I just don't understand what the point of saying something like that is - and if you have to be a jerk and say it, why say it loud enough for your "victim" to hear? I know it's stupid to let total strangers hurt my feelings but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that what they said really frickin' hurt.

*sigh*

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh my gosh what a bunch of jerks! Don't worry they are real "0"'s and you are a 10. Just ignore them.

Jadapit
09-21-2005, 01:55 PM
That sucks!! I had that happen to me before by some jerks at Walmart. It really hurt my feelings. :( I have real low self esteem and crap like that hurts. Try not to let those idiots comments get you down. People like that need to take a long hard look at themselves!!:mad: Ugh! Some peoples kids!! I'm really sorry that happened to you. You are a 10 dont think other wise!!:D

PJ's Mom
09-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Awww. :(

Now you know why they're lonely, and hanging out in front of a Wendy's. ;)

You're about to have a baby Nugget! Try to be happy and enjoy yourself. :)

Daisy and Delilah
09-21-2005, 02:00 PM
You already said it yourself. They are just what you called them. People with small minds like that are pathetic. People I guess should feel sorry for them because they don't have a life, they're brainless, and most of all, they're ugly!! Who in their right mind would criticize a pregnant woman? Ignore them. They are just showing their stupidity and you know what?........as far as I'm concerned........they will get it right back some day. What goes around comes around. I wonder how they are going to feel, down the road, when someone rates them in the "minus" category?? Believe me, it will happen cause it always does. We saw a pic of you just the other day and I thought you looked beautiful. Rise above those stupid jerks:D

JenBKR
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Ugh I hate that. No matter how much you *say* it doesn't bother you, deep down it does. I honestly think that people that have to put others down like that have no self esteem and have to put others down to feel better about themselves. Most people think that pregnant women are always beautiful because of the natural glow from the life inside of them. ((((HUGS)))) Don't let a couple of lowlifes get you down!

chocolatepuppy
09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
All I can say is LOSERS! :rolleyes: Don't they have a life? You are very pretty Jamie and I'm sure look great being pregnant! Forget about them! ;)

mina'smomma
09-21-2005, 03:45 PM
You're in no way a six or a two. Those little boys just feel so poorly about themselves that they need to boost their self esteem. For one I'd love for one of them to deal with all the changes a woman who is pregnant has to deal with. They would be whining and crying their butts off. The only man besides nug who matters hun is your hubby and I'm willing to bet that like so many of us he thinks your not a ten but.......

A 20

elizabethann
09-21-2005, 03:50 PM
These "men" are trash. They will never be happy, self sufficient human beings. They will never contribute to society. PLEASE do not take what they said to heart. They are probably uneducated, unsuccessful in ANYTHING and making people feel like crap is making them happy. You really have to feel sorry for people like that. Just imagine being in their shoes.......I get depressed just thinking about it.

Hold your head up high!!!!!

:)

Queen of Poop
09-21-2005, 04:22 PM
You should have turned around, looked both the cowards straight in the eye and said "minus 5, for both" and walked away. What a pair of losers. Big men hanging out at Wendy's rating women. Both need a good swift kick where it counts. :mad:

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Just remember that misery loves company. I have to agree that people like that only get pleasure by trying to get other people down to their level, or lack thereof.

You are bringing a child into this world and that is a beautiful thing. (I have to keep telling myself that, too.)

Don't satisfy their low self esteem by letting them get you down. Benevan loves you and so does your hubby. That's all that matters!

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys. It was a bad day prior to that (one of those "everything that possibly could go wrong, did" deals) and it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. In addition to that, the last two weeks have been really emotional for me so even though I'm trying to tell myself to ignore what they said and not to take it to heart, it's really hard not to. My self-esteem was never high to speak of; since I've begun "showing" it's gotten even lower.

I guess it also doesn't help that after his softball games tonight, my husband opted to go out drinking with his buddies instead of coming home when I told him I really needed him. *sigh*

There's something even more depressing about having a day like that, a husband to whom going out with the guys is more important than you, and going upstairs to an empty bed.

finn's mom
09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
My gosh, Jaime. I'm sorry that you had such a crap day. I hate days like that. What a couple of sad individuals that all they have to do with their time is rate people. All that shows is how little they think of themselves. And, as for your husband, I can't judge him, but, that seems like a pretty crappy thing to do. I hope tomorrow is better for you...tomorrow is a brand new day, with no mistakes in it. I'll be thinking of you...

Samantha Puppy
09-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
tomorrow is a brand new day, with no mistakes in it. Fan of "Anne of Green Gables"? :)

JenBKR
09-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Fan of "Anne of Green Gables"? :)

LOL I thought the same thing (LOVE that movie)...it's true though

Samantha Puppy
09-22-2005, 12:56 PM
... Except for the problems that aren't resolved in a day and carry over...

<shrug>