PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - KELLY'S in HOSPITAL

shais_mom
09-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I got a call about 2am my time from Kelly b/c she was having pain in the same spot as before her surgery. It is above where the surgeon removed the diseased part. This is the spot where her dr said she can't be having pain b/c that area isn't diseased. Well, guess what - this is where her pain and problems have been all along. Her dr. only gave her half of her pain pills this time b/c "she shouldn't be having pain after her surgery".
I got off the phone with her around 3am and she was still having pain but emotionally -- doing better. I told her to crush up her pills and take some more and then see what happened.
She ended up going to hospital and is getting tests run today. I had turned off my cell phone after I got of the phone with her and just now turned it on so I am just now finding out.
Bad me.
I wasn't sure if she had called Karen (wolf_lady) to let her know and I didn't find a post about it so I went ahead and made one.
PLEASE pray for her. She is praying they will find something that is causing her pain.
She was supposed to finish her temp job this week and start her "new real" job next week..

slick
09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
:( :( :( Oh my God, poor Kelly. Things were looking up and now this. God, please reach down and be with her at this time. Please make sure the docs find the cause of the pain so it can be fixed once and for all. Amen.

Thanks for posting Stac. I'll be checking in throughout the day for uppydates.

joycenalex
09-21-2005, 12:14 PM
prayers going up for Kelly, please keep us updated if you can

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Oh no! :(
I'm so sorry Kelly. I really hope they find a solution to your pain problems. You're such a sweet heart with a loving heart and don't deserve this. I'm sending hugs to you and well wishes.

Staci, thanks for letting us know. Please let us know if you hear anymore and let her know we're all tihnking of her.

{{HUGS}}

luvofallhorses
09-21-2005, 12:17 PM
:( Poor Kelly. :( I hope they find out what is causing you pain.
((((HUGS))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh, no! Lots of prayers on the way from me too! :(

shais_mom
I just called her cell and it was like someone picked it up but didn't answer - I called back with no answer so either she doesn't have it with her or she is sleeping.
Now I feel bad if I woke her up.
I have to work at 3 so I won't be able to update after that.
I just sent her a txt so we'll see...

Rachel
Prayers are already on their way.

Jadapit
09-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh no! Poor girl has been through enough already!!:( Kelly will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((((Hugs)))) to you Kelly.

gini
Staci, I just received your email and responded to that.

Oh, how this upsets me for Kelly. I just cannot believe that the Dr.'s can't get her past this.....................

It just isn't fair!!

Staci, thanks for letting us all know and also any updates that you have.

xxoo

Daisy and Delilah
Oh no!!!!:( This is awful. No wonder her whole body was sore. That poor kid has had enough. Please God, don't let her go through any more sickness!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you sweetheart. God love you and please be okay!!:( :( :(

Barbara
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh no!!!! I am so sorry and am sending my best thoughts for Kelly. Kelly, all fingers crossed that you are back to normal in no time.:)

Logan
09-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Gini, I just got your email, thank goodness. For some reason, Staci's didn't come through, but I am having some email issues today. :(

I will definitely have our sweet friend in my prayers. I'm so sick of her being sick. She needs to be better so she can move on with her life!!!

Logan

gini
09-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I just tried to call her Mom both at the house and also at her work. She may well be at the hospital with Kelly.

I have left my phone numbers and if I hear anything at all, I will be sure to let you all know right away.

In the meantime - we need a giant prayer sent out from all Pet Talker's for our dear Kelly!

kittycats_delight
09-21-2005, 12:38 PM
oh Kelly, I hope they find what is causing you pain. This is the last thing you need. Everything was just getting back on the road to a good anf happy future. All my thoughts, prayers and get well vibes are with you.

((((((((((((((KELLY))))))))))))))))

Michelle

catnapper
09-21-2005, 12:40 PM
OMG... poor Kelly! this can't be happening! she deserves to get health! MANY prayers coming to her!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh no , Poor Kelly!!!!:( :( :(

furrykidsmother
09-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Kelly, I thought things were looking up for you. I am so sorry to hear this. Good thoughts and well wishes on their way.

lvpets2002
09-21-2005, 12:50 PM
:( So sad you had to go back to the Hospital & the pain still there.. Me & my girls send lots lots whisker prayers & huggss Kelly..

DJFyrewolf36
09-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh no! Prayers on the way :(

Please keep us updated.

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will add Kelly to my prayers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh no. :( I was just wondering how Kelly has been feeling lately. I saw the post about her new job, but didn't see any mention of how she was feeling physically. I'm so sorry to hear she's still having the same pain. :(

Kelly, we'll certainly be thinking about you and praying they find something! :(

ramanth
09-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Poor dear. :( :( Any chance they missed some diseased tissue?

Kelly is in my thoughts. *hugs*

JenBKR
09-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh no! Poor girl, things seemed to be getting so much better for her. ((Hugs to Kelly)) I'll be praying for her.

wolflady
09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Oh my god! I just saw this! Prayers are on the way. Our phone rang in the middle of the night, but when Aaron answered, there wasn't anyone there. I wonder if it was Kelly??!!

I really hope and pray that they can figure out how to help with the pain! I was so hoping the surgery would be a huge part of the healing process. Gosh, just when Kelly's about to start her new job too!!

Prayers, prayers and more prayers are on the way...

**hugs**
Karen

kuhio98
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Kelly ~ I'm so sorry. I'm praying that this is just a minor setback and you'll be back on the road to total recovery soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Lisa

Cincy'sMom
09-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Lots of postive thoughts and prayers coming Kelly's way!!

popcornbird
09-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh no. :( Kelly, you poor thing! :( Prayers that you feel better soon!!! {{{hugs}}}

moosmom
09-21-2005, 02:11 PM
I just spoke to her on the cellophone yesterday on her lunch hour!!! She was taking a walk and eating an apple!!!

OMG!! Prayers and thoughts coming from Michigan!!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))Kelly!!

jenluckenbach
09-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Prayers for you, Kelly. I am so sorry that the pain is still there.

catlover4ever
09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Oh Kelly, I hope they figure out what is going on, you should not have to suffer like this. Praying hard that you are better soon.

prechrswife
09-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Praying here, too.:(

sirrahbed
09-21-2005, 03:17 PM
oh no:(

Sweet Kelly - I don't understand why all of this is happening....I have said my prayers for you and will keeping praying whenever I think of you. I am praying so hard that this is a setback and you will soon be feeling better.

There are so many sad and difficult things happening among PT friends - but Kelly - please know that lots of people are rooting for you here.

mina'smomma
09-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Get Well soon Kelly. I'll keep praying for you hun.

tatsxxx11
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh Kelly...I was heartbroken when I heard this news:(:(:( I hope the drs. can for once and for all, get you well! Sending you my love and keeping you in my heart and prayers, friend

Love,
Sandra

CalliesMom
09-21-2005, 04:11 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope you feel better!

cyber-sibes
09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Kelly, prayers going out that they will figure this out and you won't have to keep going through this!

Karen
09-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Prayers on the way!

rg_girlca
09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear this.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you Kelly.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh no, poor Kelly. I was just thinking about her earlier today, I was wondering how her temp job was going. Poor girl doesn't deserve this.
Feel better soon, Kelly. You're in my prayers.

jesse_3
09-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh no! That is horrible! Prayers are definetely on the way!

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

dukedogsmom
09-21-2005, 06:03 PM
I am really sorry to hear this. She was so looking forward to her new job and life. I really hope her problem can be solved so he can finally put this behind her.

Anita Cholaine
09-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Oh no!!:(:(:( She absolutely doesn't deserve any of this...Sending prayers for her......

Get well soon, Kelly, please!

petslover
09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Poor Kelly. I just read this and this depresses me. Kelly, please gert feeling better. I will be praying for you.

gini
09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Kelly's stepdad just left me a message with the phone number and hospital that Kelly is in.

I just called her but only talked to her for a second because
she was feeling nauseous.

She did tell me that her Mom was on her way to the hospital now
and that she would call me later.

Bless her heart - she sounded weak..............

If I hear anything, I will post right away.

rg_girlca
09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks Gini for keeping us updated on Kelly.

Poor sweet girl. Gosh I hope they are able to help her.

Kelly you will be in my prayers tonight.

chocolatepuppy
09-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Prayers on the way for you Kelly.

wolf_Q
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Good thoughts being sent your way Kelly! Hope you get feeling better soon!

manda_moo87
09-21-2005, 09:20 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers Kelly... (((((HUGS)))))

Craftlady
09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Sorry to read you had another flair up. Hope they get you back on your feet real soon.

gini
09-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Kelly just called me back. She has seen her Dr.'s and she is scheduled for an endoscopy early tomorrow morning.

She is filled to the brim it sounds like with pain medication and as a result she has a horrible migraine which is probably contributing to her stomach being upset.

She doesn't want anyone to call her this evening - in the hopes that she can get some sleep as she was up most of the night last night.

On top of all of that her roommate is an older woman who has dementia...........and she is noisy!!

I will try to talk to her again tomorrow afternoon.

AbbyMom
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Prayers on the way for Kelly. And thank you, Gini, for the updates.

K9soul
09-21-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry I'm late in getting to this, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers Kelly. I'm thinking of you and praying you will be feeling better soon. It breaks my heart to hear of you in such pain and misery :(. Get well soon {{gentle hugs}}

shais_mom
09-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I got a call as I was leaving work and the gist is pretty much identical to what Gini posted.
She has a horrendous migraine and wasn't getting any help from the nurses so we were disconnected and she was asking to talk to the charge nurse and was going to call me back.... And I am awaiting her call.

K9karen
09-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh God! A migraine along with everything else! When it rains, it pours. I'm so sad to read about this setback. Everything was going so well. I sure will be praying for her and hoping everything turns out alright.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm just now seeing this thread.:o

Poor Kelly.:( She doesn't deserve this. I sure hope that the doctor can finally find out what's causing her pain. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please get well soon Kelly and take care. (((HUGS)))

grybai
09-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the update! Poor Kelly!

G535
09-22-2005, 03:10 AM
I hope everything goes well and you're out of there soon, your cats need you. :)

sirrahbed
09-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Thinking of you now, Kelly.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/smiliehug.gif

Pawsitive Thinking
09-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Hugs and prayers coming over to you

mruffruff
09-22-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.

She's definitely in my prayers.

Maybe we can get Phred to send some; he seems to have a direct line.

Daisy and Delilah
09-22-2005, 08:16 AM
FEEL BETTER KELLY!!! My thoughts and prayers are there with you honey!!:)

slick
09-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Please pass on my good thoughts to Kelly when you talk to her. Thanks.

DJFyrewolf36
09-22-2005, 10:23 AM
*HUGS!* Kelly, still thinking of you! Prayers on the way that this can be figured out quickly!

catnapper
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
I am sad to hear she is in with such a horrible roomate. Can they move her? I hope the tests find something.

Gentle {{HUGS}} for Kelly

anna_66
09-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Stac, I just now seen your email. I hope Kelly is feeling better.

Let her know that I'm saying a prayer for her.

wolflady
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm glad that Kelly has been in touch with you Stace and Gini. I had left her a couple of messages because I got worried when I saw this thread, but hadn't heard anything. Thanks for the updates. Continued prayers and healing vibes are on the way. Poor Kelly. She just doesn't deserve this! Her new job starts next week and I was so hoping she was moving on with a new pain-free life after the surgery. I hope the doctors will have some answers...

Be sure to convey my prayers to her for me!

**hugs**
Karen

shais_mom
09-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I got a txt from her about 230am and said that they finally got her meds figgered out and she was going to sleep.
I replied back to her that we were all praying for her and her thread had almost 600 views in less then 12 hours and we all loved her. Her reply was "awwww so sweet"
:)
She said that they thought they found an abscess but then they didn't.
Honestly she sounded so miserable last nite I am waiting until she calls ME.

Cinder & Smoke
09-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi God ~

Kan You *look in* on Kelly again?

Maybe You kuld *show* da White Coats which page inna Big Book
ta read so'z they kan fix her tummy up fur good this tyme.

It'd be reel nice iffin You kuld get her Feelin GUD in tyme fur her
to get to the Furst Day onna New Job -
That'd make ebberbuddie Happie!

An kan You *drop in* onna KATz, too?
Gib em a big {{{God's HUG}}} an let em know Mom will be home soon.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the 3 Prayer Pups anna Purrayer Kat

;)

gini
09-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I just received a phone message from Kelly's Mom.

She said that Kelly has had two cat scans and the endoscopy this morning.

She said that the pain medications that they gave here were not working and then she developed the migraine. They gave her morphine to ease her pain.

She will let me know any further news when she has it.

She didn't stay with Kelly last night because she just wanted to be left alone and try to sleep.

This poor girl is going through pure hell.

She sure needs our prayers - and thank you Phred............I believe you do have a special "line" and can get through with prayers that will help Kelly!

popcornbird
09-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Poor Kelly. :( Prayers that her pain eases soon, and that life gets back to normal for her. Poor girl...:(

joycenalex
09-22-2005, 12:10 PM
thanks for the update. more prayers for the poor girl. geez, she can't catch a break can she?

Logan
09-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Bless her heart. :( I know that God doesn't ever hand us more than we can handle, but you know, that poor girl has handled enough!!!!!

Get well soon, Kelly.

Love,
Logan

jazzcat
09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Poor Kelly, you've had way more than your share.

Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

mina'smomma
09-22-2005, 03:13 PM
prayers coming central michigan for you Kelly

K9soul
09-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Kelly has been much on my mind today. My prayers continue to go out to her.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Many more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Kelly's way. Are there any more updates? I sure hope that the doctor will be able to find out what's causing her pain.

slick
09-22-2005, 10:54 PM
I rushed here tonight to see if there were any uppydates. Still praying for my friend and hope that she's getting some much needed rest.

luvofallhorses
09-22-2005, 10:58 PM
I am still praying hard for you, Kelly. We love you! ((hugs))

Oggyflute
09-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Kelly.

mruffruff
09-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks, Phred. I'm sure your direct line will help.

Sending prayers myself for a quick recovery.

ramanth
09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
The poor thing. :( :( :(

I hope the problem is found asap.

NoahsMommy
09-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm home. First, thank you so much for your prayers and love. Its nice to come home from horrible nurses, doctors and hospital to people that care about me. Thank you.

I'm sorry I didn't stay totally in touch consistantly. I spoke with Tonya last night, Gini in the day time, Staci the night before and Karen in there somewhere. :o I'm sorry, I try to call people when I know they'll be home, depending on what time I'm calling.

Rundown of my really, horrid stay:

Tuesday at 7:30 I was eating dinner. Got up and my pain (directly under my sternum...in the mooshy part. Its above my gall bladder and pancreas. This pain is what I've been getting for 5 years now. What they took out is right at my bikini line...12 cm of small intestine where it meets the colon.) hit hard and fast. I got 2 norcos and 2 phenergan, swallowed them and went to take a hot bath. (heat helps meds work and eases the pain a tiny bit) I sat in there for at least an hour. At 10:30, I still had the same pain, a little worse. I took 1 more phenergan and 2 more norcos. By 12:30, the pain was worse.

I drove myself to the ER. I was taken back at about 1:45 a.m. I had a really nice doctor and nurses. I was given dilauted (its a hydro morphine, stronger than morphine by a lot) and it took my pain away for about 20 minutes...then it returned. I was given more dilauted and then had an xray and a CT scan done. By this time, it was about 7:00 a.m. My GI (local doctor) showed up, admitted me, and ordered more tests. I was given dilauted every few hours with anti-nausea meds.

I had to have 2 ultrasounds because CT thought they detected an abcess where I had my surgery. The ultrasounds proved that it was just healing tissue...nothing wrong.

I slept on and off in my ER room and they gave me a PCA (pain med button) that would continually give me dilauted and then I could press the button when I needed extra. I was then taken to my room upstairs.

After about 10 minutes, I realized what happened. I had a migrane from the dilauted. The first time I was given that medication, I went home and had a migrane. At home, I can deal with that. But I was in a room with a dementia patient who screamed non-stop. The nurses where in there flicking on the lights, being noisy. :mad:

When I tried to tell my nurse, she said, "do you want Tylonol??" I said, no, I"m nauseas, I'm getting my pain in my abdoman back and I have a MIGRANE! I can't swallow pills if I have a migrane (besides the fact I hadn't eaten sinse dinner the evening before)...all this was around 5:00 p.m.

I asked repeatedly for new medication. I was given Tylonol, which made me even more nauseas. I sat on my bed, with an eye mask on to protect me from the light, I had stopped pressing my pain button, although I was still getting meds to increase my migrane...etc. I had to hide in the bathroom with the light out just so I could talk to Staci. I was sobbing, poor thing. Must have freaked her out.

Finally, at 9:05 p.m. I called my GI and explained the situation on his voicemail. He called me at 9:15 p.m. and asked what meds I wanted. I told him...he told me to have the charge nurse call him...I told him that was who had been ignoring me for the last 5 hours, so he called her. It was 10:40 p.m. before my meds got brought upstairs. My stupid nurse didn't know how to use/change/work the PCA, so I had to wait for the charge nurse to come to relieve me of my pain. :mad: :mad: :mad: It was midnight before I was finally comfortable again! Ugh.

The next morning, I had my endoscopy with my GI. Right before the procedure, as I was going to sleep, he tells me he thinks that the reason I have this pain is because of the pain meds. :rolleyes: :mad:

When I woke up, he gave me pictures of what I look like inside, told me all they found was gastritis and that he feels again, its the pain meds that cause my pain. (He feels they constipate me....although, I'm NEVER, nor have I EVER been constipated...does he know what Crohn's IS???...thus causing a pain in my upper abdoman. Whatever.

I returned to bed and thought about it. It didn't sit right with me. I've had this pain for 5 years. I've only been taking medicine for it for 3....the three years I've known him.

He says I'm "constipated"...but I go at least 5 times a day normally. When I have this pain, it triggers me and I go twice that amount. When I have the pain and when I start going to the potty, it accelorates the pain!!

Meanwhile, my roommate was getting more and more vocal. She was pulling the curtain between us and yelling at me to help her go to the bathroom. She's 92 and can't hear...on top of it. So, they moved me...

I called my internist and relayed this to him. He told me that he agreed with me, this isn't caused by pain medicines. He wanted me to do a specialized type of MRI that looks in that area. He thinks it may be a gall bladder duct issue.

When I saw my GI this morning, he said, "When you get home, call the office and one of the girls will call you in a prescription for Darvocet...you can't take any more norco or vicodin. Its causing your pain."

I said, "Dr. first, Darvocet doesn't work. And, I've had this pain for 2 years before I met you, you were the only one that gave me pain meds for it. So that's two years I didn't have meds that I DID have pain." I think I told him about how when I go to the bathroom when I have pain, that it makes it worse too.

He said, "Well, I don't know what it is then, just take the Darvocet"

He was mad, I could tell. I decided that he's no longer my doctor. While he has a lot of good qualities, but he's treating me like this. If you can't figure out the pain, be an adult and say it to me. Don't get all snippy!!!

So, at 7:45 a.m. I called my Cedars Specialist's office and left a message with the center. A receptionist or nurse called me around 8:00 a.m. and I told my story, crying the whole time.

I was discharged and I got home at 9:30 a.m.

I left out the other horrid nurses I had to deal with. :( I complained to the charge nurse about my migrane night and then stuff happened with that SAME nurse and my new roomate. Long story short, my little old lady roommate was freezing...she was by the window with only one blankie. She was there with pnemonia (spelling??)!!! So, at 4:00 a.m. I got her two warm blankets and a glass of water (she was coughing a lot). Her stupid nurse came in at 5:30 a.m. to reposition her and she kept saying, "Honey, I'm so cold, can you cover me??" The nurse IGNORED her. I got up and turned on the heater...it was set to 60!! So, I upped it to 85 and as soon as that evil nurse was gone, I got her two more blankets for her. She was soooo cold, poor thing!!! :( :mad: I went down the hall and confronted her nurse and told her she needed to be looked in on...she said, "Oh, she always says that!" I told her, I've been with her for over 12 hours and I haven't heard it once. Please come look at her, she doesn't look well.

Think she came???

After I press Submit here, I'm going to call and speak with the charge nurse...and higher. That is uncalled for!!!

Anyway, that was my experience. I demanded to be released this morning because I need to have my physical at my new job today at 1:30 and I can't miss that. I'm having a hard time finding a ride there. I still have the morphine in me....and I can't drive all the way to Simi...my mom can't leave work because she's almost by herself...David's not answering his phone. Ugh!!!

I'll update you all when I know more...and when my specialist calls.

Thanks again for all your support.

((((Hugs))))) :)

caseysmom
09-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Gosh I am sorry you are going through all of this. It sounds like you would be better off at home. You definetely need a new doctor, what a jerk.

That poor lady, she was lucky she had you to take care of her.

K9soul
09-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Kelly, first of all it's so good to see you back.

I can't believe the way you have been treated. I definitely think it's time to look for a new doctor. I do a lot of ER reports and ER clinic I type for usually gives Dilaudid with Phenergan, the Dilaudid for the pain and the Phenergan to offset any nausea from the Dilaudid. When they send people home they will often give some oral pain (usually Norco or Vicodin) medicine AND Phenergan (either tablets or suppositories). Have any of your doctors ever tried one of the pain patches that is absorbed through your skin? That would help if you couldn't swallow pills and from what I've read tends to cause less stomach upset too. But I am not sure of the efficacy. I do know that IV and injections seem to give people the best relief.

I'm just apalled at the treatment you and your roommate received at the hospital. There is NO excuse for that, NONE! :mad:

Kelly, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I think doing a little new doctor "shopping" is definitely in order. Gentle {{hugs}} to you. :)

shais_mom
09-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I am so glad you are home!
Once you start working you will probably be using your hospital as the one you go to. Are there any GI specialists there?

gini
09-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Kelly, I am glad that you are out of there!!!!

Please just take great care today if you drive!!

catnapper
09-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Oh my! What a horrendous stay! You are right to complain about the nurse. And do try to find out what happened to her. Her family deserves to know her treatment - especially if she went downhill from there.

Glad to hear you're home, please take care of yourself!

slleipnir
09-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Glad you're home!! Sounds like an awful stay though :( Hope things look up for you fromnow on

lbaker
09-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh how I wish I could just drive on over and take care of you this weekend. The fur-kids and I wouldn't let you lift a paw and I would even feed you with a spoon if that's what you wanted. Please take care and know we love you :)

Russian Blue
09-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by gini
She didn't stay with Kelly last night because she just wanted to be left alone and try to sleep.

This poor girl is going through pure hell.

She sure needs our prayers - and thank you Phred............I believe you do have a special "line" and can get through with prayers that will help Kelly!

:( Oh no!:( I'm just seeing this thread now.

She's been through so much in the last while I hoped the surgery would be the turning point to her healing.

Sending many positive and healing prayers your way Kelly!!!

NoahsMommy
09-23-2005, 06:59 PM
I wish you could all call all my doctors and give them hell...to the day they die...hopefully, painfully of Crohn's. :mad:

I'm sorry, I know that's not right or who I am. I'm so freaking upset.

I called my IBD Specialist at Cedars at 7:45 this morning. Left a message with their answering service.

Got called back at 8:15 by the receptionist and told her my tale, crying the entire time. She sounded like she actually cared. Told me he'd be in between 9 and 10 and he'd call me.

I called themw hen I got home to tell him he could call my home phone.

I just got home from my new job physical/HR stuff and called his office (at 4:15 on a FRIDAY!!). They said, "He's been given your messages." I asked if he'd be calling today, that I just got out of the hospital and its REALLY, REALLY important. My voice cracked and the tears came again. She said, "I have no way of knowing that." I said, "OK, I REALLY, REALLY need him to call me back. Its VERY important and its 45 minutes till the weekend starts and I can't wait for the weekend. *cries some more* The girl is apparently unmoved and says she'll pass along my message.

Well, after crying for the past 35 minutes..and calling my Internist's office (who is out today, but oncall tomorrow), I'm going to file a complaint both with Cedars Sinai and with the Federal/State Medical Board. I remember in my last Crohn's Support meeting, there was a girl who had the same experience. She was sarcastic and harsh, so I just figured it was due to attitude and her exageration. I guess I was wrong. :(

I called and left a message for the coordinator (for the support groups) tellng her I'd lke to get in touch with that girl to see if she'd like to join me in my complaints.

I'll live through the night and call my internist and explain what's happened since I spoke with him last night.

I'm at an all time LOW. I hate my life....I'm having HUGE issues with God (please don't talk me out of this...unless your life is currently being ruined) I can only take so much. That quote he'll only give you what you can take?? Uh huh...yea. Is the goal total insanity??? Cause I'm almost there.

dukedogsmom
09-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I am so sorry you're having such a rough time. I wish there were something we all could do for you. You might want to print out all the threads here of what you've been going through as evidence. It's got the dates that you wrote them and all. I hope it really gets better soon because I know it can't be much worse. You might contact a support group to see if they have a certain attorney in mind for your case, too. Good luck. We're all here for you.

lizbud
09-23-2005, 07:22 PM
I don't know if you belong to any groups that offer info and
support for chronic pain sufferers, but I'm sure it would help.Good
luck getting whatever help you need.It would be awful to have to
live with pain all the time, but some do all the time. :(

http://www.myida.org/rings.htm

Ginger's Mom
09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh Kelly, I am so so sorry. I can't say that I understand what you are going through, because I have never there, but I really wish there were something magically we could do to help you. In the meantime, I am sending gentle hugs, and praying that things will get better. I hope you hear from someone who can help you soon.:(

NoahsMommy
09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Val, that's a really great idea. I'll do that when I submit my complaints. Thank you.

I decided I would try the director of the IBD center and I just called to make an appointment. Hmmm, strangely enough, its already 5:22 and they've left for the day. Hmmm, how odd, considering his patient has called 4 times today, in tears - stating it was an emergency all 4 times - and he STILL was too busy to return my calls.

Well, buddy. I'm never vindictive, but if my life's going to be hell because of you...you just won yourself a complaint to Cedars and the California Medical Board for your lack of care and negligence. Good for you! Hope ignoring me all day was well worth it! Thanks for the care and concern!

I'm going to lay down for a bit and then start my complaint letters.

Thanks for reading/listening.

wolflady
09-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Gosh Kelly, I'm so sorry to read about all of this. You really don't deserve this and I wish that someone...anyone could figure out how to help you to feel better! :(
Lots of hugs and healing vibes are on the way.

**hugs**

Cinder & Smoke
09-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

... I just called to make an appointment.
Hmmm, strangely enough, its already 5:22 and
they've left for the day.

Hmmm, how odd, considering his patient has called 4 times today,
in tears - stating it was an emergency all 4 times - and
he STILL was too busy to return my calls.

... you just won yourself a complaint to Cedars and
the California Medical Board for your lack of care and negligence.

:eek:
I thought in another thread you said you "liked" this Doc?? :confused:

You many NOT like his phone manners ...
But that may not be all his fault ...
* Receptionist may not be writing down anything more than your
name & number
* He may have been busy and not calling anybody back
* Could he have called and got your answering machine or voice mail??
MANY folks will NOT "talk" to a machine or voice mail - they just hang up!

Lodging a "complaint" against the Doc may NOT be in your best interest
right now - IF you really want to talk to him and/or ask him to treat
you any more ...

If he thinks you're going to be hostile and/or cause him professional grief -
he may refuse to have any further dealings with you.

Give him another chance to call over the weekend or try again
with you calling his office on Monday ...
If he continues to act like an *A$$* - THEN write your complaints.
(AND look for another Doc.)

/s/ Phred

cyber-sibes
09-23-2005, 10:46 PM
:(
(((( hugs))))
will keep praying for you, this sounds just awful.

rg_girlca
09-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Gosh Kelly, I wish I had a magic wand where I could go "POOF" and make your pain and misery disappear forever.

Unfortunately I don't and all I can offer you are prayers that all will be well with you in the end.

((((((HUGS))))))

slick
09-23-2005, 11:32 PM
:( :( Kelly, I'm glad that you are home, but not happy to hear of your mental state and what you are going through. I wish I had the words to comfort you. Just know that you are in my prayers. I can see that it would be easy to lose faith, but you've got to believe that we are all hanging in there with you and we will not let you fall. You mean too much to us.

Love you lots and I'll say a special prayer tonight that you get some answers soon.

slick
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

NoahsMommy
09-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Phred,

This is the same doctor that never came to see me in the hospital...his office is connected to the hospital, and instead, sent interns. He told me he'd personally come see me.

When I called to find out what medications I needed to take after my sugery (called on my way home from the surgery, because he never gave the nurses instructions), I was told he was too busy to talk. Finally, at about 6:00, an intern called to tell me what to take. It was obvious he had no clue who I was (and I wasn't discussed with my doctor) and had to ask my entire history before "helping me".

He's never wanted to see me for a post-surgical appointment. When I called to make that appointment, I was told the soonest was 2 months away! I then emailed him and while he did get back to me, I was too sick to make that appointment. (his office is at least an hour away from me - in Los Angeles)

All the messages I left, I told them it was URGENT and that I needed a call ASAP. When I called each time, the receptionist told me he had all my messages.

If I said I liked him, its because of his qualifications...and that he specialized in IBD. My home GI cannot help me, obviously. This guy is my only hope at this point without starting over. (I'm sure you get from my tone, this is NOT the first "doctor" to leave me hanging like this...)

I will wait till Monday to see if he calls. As far as him not leaving a message, yet still calling - I have caller ID and I haven't missed any calls today.

carole
09-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Kelly I am so sorry to hear you are having all these medical problems and no luck with this doctor, hang on in there sweetie, I sincerely hope you hear from him on Monday, I can only imagine how fustrated you must feel, sometimes the medical profession suck bigtime, and their lack of compassion is just not on.

Take care and huge hugs to you.:)

CalliesMom
09-24-2005, 07:00 AM
:( Kelly, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I just don't understand how your doctors can be so awful to you...it's not like you go in there and are faking it. I would definitely write a letter of complaint. People deserve to be treated with more respect; if you don't like what you are doing, don't be a doctor.

just me
09-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
I hope you get well soon.
Just me...

Craftlady
09-24-2005, 10:43 AM
I would talk to a lawyer.
Medical boards tend to pay attention more when a lawyer is behind a letter than a patient.
I would be mum to all this at your new job. They will not be assumed that an employee of a hospital/medical field would be thinking of suing etc.

petslover
09-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Kelly you are going through so much right now. I hate to see anyone go through this, but especially a nice and wonderful person like you. You will be in my prayers. I will pray that you will recover and that this pain will go away. I am sorry about how the docs are treating you. I hope you get feeling better.

luvofallhorses
09-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh, Kelly! :( I am so sorry. ((((((HUGS))))))) PM me if you need anything all all. We love you and I just hope they get to the bottom of this and that you are pain free. You are such a sweetie and don't deserve to go through this. :(

lisalee
09-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Kelly you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything gets better for you soon. :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Kelly, I'm glad that you're home now but I'm so sorry that you've had to go through such a horrible expericence.:( Hopefully things will improve and some one will be able to find out what's causing your pain. Please take care. ((((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
09-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Thank you guys for your love and support. It does mean the world to me, even if I'm being all negative right now. Thank you...I can't express how much you've helped me keep my sanity...thank you.

I just heard back from my internist (LOVE him, btw). He's calling in another prescription of my norco so I can stay employed and out of the hospital.

I'm going to hold off the complaint until I see what my Cedars specialists are willing to do for me. I have to get SOME answers. Even if its just to say, "this is normal for crohns"...and refer me to a pain management clinic. While I'd prefer more tests and a fix, I'm only so hopeful at this point.

Again, thank you for your prayers and support. I know they helped in my internist calling me...and above all, understanding me.

Hugs,
Kelly

NoahsMommy
09-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I AM sending a complaint to the hospital I was at. I was treated horribly and sadly, out of the 13 visits this year, about all of them included at least one night like that. :(

I'm livid about how that same nurse treated my first and second roommates!!! That will be well illustrated in my letter as well. :mad:

I hope and pray that woman (roommate #2) is OK and not worse off because of that horrible nurse. :(

Daisy and Delilah
09-24-2005, 09:53 PM
OMG Kelly, This is horrible. I would love to be able to help you like everyone else has said. Gosh, what a shame that we all can't do something for you. No one should have to go through this kind of misery. With all you've had to endure, you still took it upon yourself to take care of your elderly roommate. I'm blown away by this story. You are one of a kind Kelly and I hope justice is done in this terrible situation. You deserve much better sweetie!! My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. Best of luck in getting this all under control. (((((HUGS)))))

Terry

K9karen
09-26-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm just reading this. Sorry I was away from the computer for a few days. I can't believe you were sent home from surgery with no dismissal instructions! I've never heard of that! At first I was also going to say that the receptionists "control" the office and messages but all that time and no call from the doctor is inexcusable! I guess I've been terribly lucky! You need to write to the Director of Nursing about the staff. And until you get another doctor, don't write that letter yet. Get your medical records first. And it'll take time getting them too, but it's your right to have them. A similar situation happened to a friend of mine, who wrote a letter etc, but was still seeing the doctor for followups and they gave her an awful time. The attitude of the doctor and staff was worse than before. I'm going through a lawsuit now, and trust me, what YOU say and observe etc, unless you make a "diary" or tape it, is NOT what they're going to write down on your chart. If I had known, I would have had a hidden video camera because they're liars and imcompetents. I'm fighting until justice is done, because you can't treat sick people (or anyone) like that. Good luck to you. I feel awful for you. How frustrating. I know how you feel. Every day I think I'm not getting better and the pain is never going to end.
How did you make it through your first day of work? How'd it go?

ramanth
09-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Kelly... oh dearest. *HUGS*

I cannot imagine what you are going thru and don't blame you for being negative. Sometimes a good rant helps a little.

Best of luck with the letters and I hope the internist can help a bit.

Is it possible that with this last surgery that all the diseased tissue was not taken out?