PDA

View Full Version : Great news: I cannot keep my mouth shut any longer...

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-21-2005, 08:37 AM
I am very good in keeping secrets, but this time, it just is TOOOOOO hard!! Besides, I will need all possible good vibes to make this "event" possible!!

This is what is going on! For quite sometime already, I was having a desire to get another cat :D . Since I went to the cat-show last Sunday, I cannot think of anything else.... So I started seaching on the web. I found a no-kill shelter about 20 km from here. I fell in love with a silver tabby, because she had a bad leg: the leg was hurt in a trap :eek:
Here she is:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/klempoes.jpg
. So... I went to that shelter to see her.

BUT...... the lady who runs the shelter coudn't find that cat, so she things it got adopted while her sister was running the shelter last week.

Blarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Then, I went into the cat's room to play a bit with the cats. One particular cat came to me all the time, begging for headscratches, cuddles, spring on my lap.....
So, I knew what this meant: this cutie is chosing ME!!

I told the lady that I intended to adopt this little one. Then she said that somebody had been there already and had said she would come and get the cat by this weekend....
But..... it happens so often that people say this, and then NOT pick up the poor cat.

So, what I need now is millions of good vibes and prayers, that nobody will pick up this beauty before Saturday!! If he/she is still there on Saturday, the lady promised she is mine!!!!!
Here she is
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/nieuw.jpgShe has large black spot on her back too. Oh hhhhh I want her so much!! Just two problems: I do not have a name yet, and.... I am not sure if it is girl or a boy....

Please pray that this cutie can come my third cat:)
Any name suggestions??:)

JenBKR
09-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Yay! What a cutie! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

catnapper
09-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Ooo... you nawtee girl you! Planning on getting another cat without consulting us first! ;)

I do so hope the ther people never show up for her. Thats how we got our Tiny years and years ago - someone wanted him but never showed up! So WE got to eb the lucky owners for 15 years.

Lots of good "get that kitty" vibes coming your way!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Hope you get your kitty - what a sweetie

lvpets2002
09-21-2005, 09:01 AM
:D Oh Lut she/he is just grand & think of this name ** Sparkles or Spartan ** .. Me & my girls send whisker prayers & hopes the kitty will be yours.. Keep up posted ok..

Donnaj4962
09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Oh... wonderful thoughts and prayers cming your way that you get that little sweetie! What a cute little guy/girl! Whichever.... we all know he/she will be very loved and well taken care of. Keep us posted! :D

Queen of Poop
09-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Prayers coming your way!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Oooohhh...another kitty! Lut, you sneaky one you. ;)

I'm sorry the silver Tabby was gone, but I sure hope you get the black and white cutie pie, especially since she picked you!

As for a name, it might be a bit premature since you don't know for sure if you're getting him/her yet....and actually I hope it's a him since you already have two girls and it's always fun to have a mixture of sexes - just ask KAK. ;) But anyway, I like the Spartan idea of lvpets2002 because it kinda sorta stays with the Maya/Inka theme.....doesn't it? Or if it's a girl, how about Athena, which I don't believe has anything at all to do with Maya/Inka, but it seems like it fits.....ok, ok..I'm rambling now....;)

prechrswife
09-21-2005, 09:44 AM
What a little cutie!!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-21-2005, 09:57 AM
I did a "brainstorm" (:eek: ;) ), and found 5 suitable names; oh my, I can stand the waiting....:o

names: Sammy, Zazou, Sushi, Emily, and Sasha

What'ya think?

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't know if you chose your current kitties' names based on ancient civilizations, but I think you should keep that theme going...

New kitty could be Aztec or Roman. :)

JenBKR
09-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I did a "brainstorm" (:eek: ;) ), and found 5 suitable names; oh my, I can stand the waiting....:o

names: Sammy, Zazou, Sushi, Emily, and Sasha

What'ya think?

I like Sasha :)

Or Samantha Puppy's idea - I like Aztec too

prechrswife
09-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I had actually thought about Sasha because of the "a" as the last letter. Roman is good, too, especially if the kitty is a boy.

Felicia's Mom
09-21-2005, 10:18 AM
I hope you get your kitty. I'm sorry it wasn't the silver tabby. My favorite names are Zazou and Sasha.

ramanth
09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Good luck!!! She's beautiful.

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh!!! Good vibes and heck, prayers coming your way, too!

I really like Aztec. It's unisex and it goes with Maya's and Inka's names.

Good luck and keep us updated!

furrykidsmother
09-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Good luck! I hope things work out for you and I also like the name Aztec!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Lut, this sure is exciting news!!!:D I hope that you'll be able to adopt him/her and I also love the name Aztec or Roman.:) I'm kind of hoping that it's a little boy so your girls can have a little brother.;) Good luck!!!:D

lvpets2002
09-21-2005, 11:42 AM
What ya think? Ok if not mine then I like Zazou & Sasha names..

AmberLee
09-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Lots of luck, dear, for you to get him/her. Or at least, if you get him/her, that little darling will have tons of luck.

I wanted to suggest Aztec, but see many others are thinking in a like vein! I'm so excited for the possibility for you all!!

luvofallhorses
09-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Sorry it didn't work out with the lil' tabby cutie! :( but look at this sweetie, I hope you get her!! :D and I like Emily. :)

catnapper
09-21-2005, 12:52 PM
I was thinking and came back to suggest a name: Egypt. I know Aztec goes more in line with the Maya and Inka theme, but Aztec sounds os masculine, and what if this is a little girlie? :)

Logan
09-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Lut, I don't have any name suggestions, I just hope you get the kitty! And if it isn't this one, I'm sure it will be another one!!! :) So happy for you!!! I want another one so badly, but Mimi and Scott say "no more". LOL!!!!

Logan

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm glad so many people like my suggestions - I am in love with them!

Aztec works for a boy or girl as you could very well shorten it to Azzie. :) CUUUUUUUUUTE!!

Roman works better for a boy, but could also be a girl if you shortened it to "Romi".

Now *I* want a kitty named Aztec!!!

jenluckenbach
09-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Hopefully this will become your third kitty, but if she does not (and I am betting that it is a girl), I am positive another cat will pick you.

I adore the name Zazou. I never heard it, but I like the way it sounds. It is also not so common as some of the other choices. (I admit though, that I really always thought your third cat would be Aztec).

Prayers for your new kitty.

Prairie Purrs
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Another "theme" name could be Anasazi--Zazi for short. :D

kittycats_delight
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Good luck dust that this little dool will be your newest family member come Saturday. I love the name Aztec as well works sooo well with Maya and Inka.

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I was thinking and came back to suggest a name: Egypt. I know Aztec goes more in line with the Maya and Inka theme, but Aztec sounds os masculine, and what if this is a little girlie? :)

You could add a latin flair to the name Aztec, by adding an "a" to the end. We pronounce it Azteca. That is more femine sounding.

orangemm
09-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Oh, how wonderful for you!!! A new addition is always exciting. Of course we are praying that you get your little beauty. Does showing up really early count???

I'm not clever with names, but let's find out if it's a girl or boy first, then maybe I can put my thinking cap on!

rg_girlca
09-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh Lut, you little sneak you. I can't believe you are going to be getting another cat. YYYYYAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you didn't get that gorgeous silver tabby, but the other one I had to take a second look at, as he/she looks like my Poppy in that picture. Keeping fingers and paws crossed for you.

I just have to ask you this though. Did you inquire about his/her's health? Looking at the picture, his/her eyes look watery and red or is it just the way the picture came out?

momcat
09-21-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm sure Maya and Inka would love to have another playmate! Don't be concerned with the baby's gender or name just yet. We need to use ALL that energy sending vibes to the other family saying this one is really YOURS!!!!!

CalliesMom
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Good luck!! Fingers and paws crossed here you are able to get the kitty.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
No news yet, can be good or bad....?! The suspense is killing me :D

Name suggestions: I am sorry, but "Aztec" is not an option. Nobody in my family likes it, as it sounds really dull in Dutch. I know it would be gorgeous for an English" cat, but not for a Flamish (Dutch in Belgium) cat. I know I could shorten it to Azzie, but I hate shortening names. For my skin-kids, I also chose names that coudn't be shortened..... . I m weird, I know ;) :D

I am still not sure, but I think it will be either Zazou or Sasha :)

ps. I just hope that my health will allow me to go and get that kitty :( . My leg hurts terrible, so I had a test for the artheries this morning. The doc requests an extra test; she looked worried:( . I had a trombisis in other leg a year ago, so it sure is a possibility:(

sirrahbed
09-22-2005, 03:54 AM
aw Lut:( I am sorry that you are having these health troubles!!! (((HUGS)))

oh - and I LOVE the name Sasha for your new kitty:D

Lightning SuperCat
09-22-2005, 04:48 AM
I love the names Sasha and Zazou, too. I also like Aztec, but I can understand how it wouldn't work. I am so happy that you're getting another kitty!! :D

jenluckenbach
09-22-2005, 04:54 AM
For my skin-kids, I also chose names that coudn't be shortened..... . I m weird, I know

Not weird, I agree. I very rarely shorten names. I was called Jennifer for most all my life until I decded that Jen wasn't really that bad after all. ;)

And I STILL love the name Zazou. :D :D

I can't wait to hear some news.

jazzcat
09-22-2005, 01:09 PM
How exciting. I hope it works out for you.

I like the name Sasha also. ;)

Hope you feel better, best wishes for a good outcome on your tests.

lvpets2002
09-22-2005, 01:14 PM
:( Oh Lut take it easy now & we do not want you to have to go to the Hospital.. Get some rest now..

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Uppydate2: I phoned this morning, and it was the answering machine.I gave my number and they will call me bacl later.
Sniff sniff, I want to know so badly: is Zazou mine??

CalliesMom
09-23-2005, 06:23 AM
Fingers crossed here. Zazou is a wonderful name! ;)

Lightning SuperCat
09-23-2005, 08:41 AM
I can't wait to know! I think Zazou is a good choice. Did you find out if he was a boy/girl? Or did I miss that?

catlady1945
09-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Very pretty cat. Good luck!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Lightning SuperCat
Did you find out if he was a boy/girl? Or did I miss that?

No, I haven't heard from the shelter yet. If nobody claims Zazou by tomorrow at lunch; she/he will be MINE :) :) .

Well, it HAS to be like that, because today I bought a bag of kitten food, an anti-flea-collar, treats... etc :o ;)

kittycats_delight
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
No, I haven't heard from the shelter yet. If nobody claims Zazou by tomorrow at lunch; she/he will be MINE :) :) .

Well, it HAS to be like that, because today I bought a bag of kitten food, an anti-flea-collar, treats... etc :o ;)

LMAO...are we a little anxious for a new kitty Lut. :D All paws, whiskers, fingers and toes are crossed that Zazou will be yours tomorrow. :)

luvofallhorses
09-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Good luck, Lut!! :)

lvpets2002
09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
:D Time is getting here to go get your baby Zazou && of course we need pictures right away..

.powerful
09-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I hope all works out. If it is all meant to be she will still be there, waiting for her new mom to pick her up :)

She is very cute, Good luck. You must be so excited!

K & L
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Good luck, and Zazou was my choice on names!:)

lizbud
09-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Good luck, and Zazou was my choice on names!:)

It was my choice also.:) I hope this all works out for you.

orangemm
09-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Have you heard anything yet???

We want GOOD NEWS!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by orangemm
Have you heard anything yet???

We want GOOD NEWS!!!

Nope...:( ! I can hardly stand the pressure any longer..!
I think we will go and drive up there anyway!! If Zazou is still there, that would be perfect; if not, there are MANY other needy cats there ;)

jenluckenbach
09-24-2005, 04:56 AM
I think we will go and drive up there anyway!! If Zazou is still there, that would be perfect; if not, there are MANY other needy cats there

Good attitude! :) Can't wait to see who comes home with you.

orangemm
09-24-2005, 05:16 AM
............We're waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-24-2005, 06:22 AM
ZAZOU is still there!!!

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!! So...... we will go and get "it" asap! Pics will follow later today :) Be patient ;) :D

Oops, forgot again to ask about the gender :rolleyes: :o . Did I tell that "it" is in a cage together with another cat? Well.... that other cat is her.... MOM! All the other kittens from that litter are adopted already. So Zazou must be the rant??

I think this is the pic of "it" on their web-site. Not sure it is same kitten, as this pic shows an older cat...????
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/zazou.jpg

catnapper
09-24-2005, 06:36 AM
Congrats Lut!!! How exciting! go get that baby!!!!!!

CalliesMom
09-24-2005, 07:01 AM
WAHOO! Congratulations!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-24-2005, 10:59 AM
WE ARE HOME !!!!

BUT it is NOT WITH the first Zazou! The other family showed up after all....!!
But..... we chose another cat:) ; we will call her ZAZOU anyway!!
Now, if you want to see pics, I am opening a whole new thread, for HER !!

a teaser?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/zazoo1.jpg

kittycats_delight
09-24-2005, 11:12 AM
PICS...PICS...PICS.....PICS.Lut she is beautiful !!!!!

gini
09-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Lut, how wonderful and exciting and fun!! ZAZOU - I loved the name and how your mouth feels when you say it! When you say the Zou - in Zazou - you purse your lips like you are ready to give the kitty a kiss!

And I KNOW that this baby will receive tons of ZOU'S!! Little kisses!

I will watch for your new thread to see the pictures.

I am so happy for you - and another kitty is saved and promised a life of good care and so much love!

momcat
09-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh wow... a new Pet Talk baby!!! That is fabulous news! How are Maya and Inka taking to your new furry little bundle of joy? Now, about those pictures?????

Vermontcat
09-24-2005, 12:39 PM
She's so pretty!
Congratulations on the new kitty addition!:D
I love her name!
Now I'm off to look for Zazou's picture thread.:)

jenluckenbach
09-24-2005, 01:34 PM
She's gorgeous! must go find new thread!

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Congrats Lut!!!! She's gorgeous.:D