PDA

View Full Version : worried but cant

tigergrrrl
09-20-2005, 08:51 PM
theres a stray dog in my neighborhood. a dog that looks like a labrador retriever.mastiff and he just roams and barks at other dogs, but he loves people, and other dogs. he loves the kids. i live next door to a school, and i see him from my back window playing with the kids everyday. today i saw the pound...
and i called the dog, they came over to my fence and asked me if it was my dog, i didn't know what else to do, i couldn't let the pound take him.. so i said, well-yes, and i know thats kind of stupid, but i did. and i went and got the dog, i put a collar on him and put a leash on him and brought him home. i have been calling him johny, and i love him already. he loves my puppy, and i believe he loves me, but should i keep him with a puppy??? i dont see the problem, but i wanted your guy's opinoins.... so what do you guys think?

Jessika
09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
If you can't properly care for the puppy, then you REALLY need to turn him into the shelter so he can get proper care. Besides, what if a family is missing their beloved dog and have contacted shelters looking for him?

BUT yes, the puppy will adjust just fine, just be sure to introduce them properly!

tigergrrrl
09-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I can care for the puppy, but I wasn't planning on having 2 dogs for my 1st dogs.

Malinois
09-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Good luck with the big boy:D If you can keep him, and you have the room, keep him:) . If not, I would be willing to help find a home for him:D

vinjashira
09-21-2005, 04:35 AM
what do your parents think?

I remember that you said they are not fond of dogs

Malinois
09-21-2005, 10:18 AM
I do not live with my parents, but they think I am being ridiculous about getting 2 dogs... but I dom't think I have anything to be'ridiculous' about!!:(

Jamieejo85
09-21-2005, 01:13 PM
huh? are these two the same people? i am confused:confused: :confused: Anyway, I think that if you are able to commit the time to having and training two dogs, and you are financially able to do so, then go for itl

Jamieejo85
09-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Edit~ Oops, just noticed these two (or one lol) were banned:rolleyes: :p

kittycats_delight
09-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Jamieejo85
Edit~ Oops, just noticed these two (or one lol) were banned:rolleyes: :p

No they aren't anyone can put that under their name in your user cp, edit options and custom text.

vinjashira
09-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
No they aren't anyone can put that under their name in your user cp, edit options and custom text.
you can't do that if you have less than 100 posts that means tigergrrrl is banned for sure.

Flatcoatluver
09-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I personally think you should do you best to see if he has a home,contact shelters, and maybe you could post in newspapers, call to idenify...... take him to the vet see if he might have a id mictrochip, personally even though he has been around your house for awhile he might be lost, he could have had a family on vacation and they brought him with them and he wandered off... that what happened to one of our dogs, and we couldn't find him untill a couple mouths later, just try your best to see if her has a home and if he dosn't have a home then keep him or find a home.... I think he might have a home, because he is sweet and loves other people and dogs, not alot of stray dog's are like that

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight

They have been banned by Karen. I reported her/him for having 2 accounts/same person.

kittycats_delight
09-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks Carmen. I didn't realize. But you can change the text under your name to say what you want. But when you check their profile if they are really banned it will say so next to status.

I don't understand why there are soo many people doing this nonsense lately. Man, people really need to get a life.

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 01:45 PM
yep. :(