PDA

View Full Version : Pet of the Day Applicant!?!?

ramanth
03-15-2002, 09:01 AM
I was curious about something....

I sent in Kia's pic and info for Dog or Pet of the Day long ago. Is there any way of finding out that the correct people got her info?

Was she picked and just put in the list?

Was she denied?

If she does get picked in the future, will I be notified?

I realize you probably get tons of photos, but I was just curious.

Randi
03-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Ramanth! Patience, patience!! You will get a mail telling you that POTD recieved your photo & story, and whether your pet is up for nomination. It can take a while, because they're surely busy with all these pets coming in. I know someone have been waiting for more than 6 months.

Have you double checked whether your mail was sent to the right adress?

I posted my nomination recently and got a mail back about a week after, telling that they had recieved it.

Good luck! :)

Paul
03-15-2002, 10:31 AM
   Karen should be sending an email to everyone who submits their pet. If you want to know the status of your pet email Karen at [email protected]

Paul

Former User
03-15-2002, 10:32 AM
I emailed her Feb. 28th to ask, but haven't gotten a reply....:(

I guess Casper and Kitty won't be getting their moment on the sun, since everyone here knows them already, and have seen tonz of pictures....

Paul
03-15-2002, 10:58 AM
   I would like to see more of Casper & Kitty. I will also ask Karen about your email.

Paul

Logan
03-15-2002, 12:09 PM
No pouting allowed, Niina!!! Casper and Kitty are already Cats of the Day in most of our minds anyway!!!!!! :D :D :D

I've never even submitted my own pets. You guys know them all so well anyway, and hopefully love them because I love them.

We love all of them, Pet, Dog, Cat of the Day or not!!!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
I guess Casper and Kitty won't be getting their moment on the sun, since everyone here knows them already, and have seen tonz of pictures....

I have given up on Tubby and Peanut. I first sent them in well over a year ago. Then maybe 6 months ago I sent an email asking if I should re-submit or if they are just kept on file. Never heard anything, so just recently, just before I found Pet Talk, I re-submitted Tubby. Then I found Pet Talk and now Tubby and Peanut have had tons of praise heaped on them from all the wonderful people here, so it doesn't matter anymore if they actually ever get the title.

I mean no offense to anyone (Karen, Paul, whosever in charge) because I know they must be swamped with pictures and stories and how do you find time to read all this and then have to pick just one? IMHO they are all Cat/Dog/Pet of the day!

ramanth
03-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Thank you!

:)

Karen
03-18-2002, 07:57 PM
I have looked up Tubby and Peanut's nominations and Casper and Kitty's nomination, and have written to their owners, respectively.

If someone reading this has sent a nomination and not received a response, please please email me, and I will make sure that I got the nomination, and will reply to you with the status of each of your special pets, I promise.

My sincere apologies,

Karen

Former User
03-19-2002, 03:05 AM
Thanx for the email Karen, reply is one the way soon!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2002, 11:41 AM
Yes, thanks Karen. :) Reply has been sent.

I hope I didn't put you on the spot or anything because, like I say, I know you must get a ton of nominations and if a few slip by it is completely understandable.

But thanks for making the effort to find Tubby and Peanut. :)