PDA

View Full Version : FOUND A DOG - pics soon

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 07:19 PM
My friends came over about 4 or so hours ago with a female Rott. No tags, choke chain, well fed, scard on back, SMELLY, large nipples, not spayed?

She has met all 3 and they are doing fine. Not sure what we're going to do with her. She's Ki's size just more muscular. We're in my room right now and as soon as we came in she layed on Nala's bed.

We looked in the classifieds and there's no report of a missing Rottie. Neighbors said they saw her wandering all day. Very submissive.
The Humane Society is closed tomorrow.

Pictures soon, want to get all 4 dogs inside before I do anything.

EDIT -
Here she is. She's so sweet. They are all fine together.
I'm calling her Sarabi and she's listening to it pretty well.
I put the harness on her.

http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/1.jpg
Getting belly rubs from my friend.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/2.jpg
The 3 Muttlies and then some...
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/3.jpg
First thing she did when we brought her in my room was lay in Nala's bed.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/4.jpg
Ki and "Sarabi"
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/5.jpg
Closer inspection? They didn't make her do this, she rolls on her back a lot.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/6.jpg

That's all for now. I'll let you know more when we know more. Not sure what we're doing yet.

new mom to a veiled
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Bless you for taking her in!!!

CagneyDog
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Poor pup :( I wonder if it has a home at all. At least it ended up in the right hands!

luvofallhorses
09-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Poor little girl. :( I wish you the best of luck with her!! :) Please keep us updated and I cannot wait to see pics. :)

sammy101
09-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Poor girl:( Thankyou for taking her in!Please keep us updated,and cant wait for pictures:)

Daisy and Delilah
09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Great job Kay!! Good luck trying to get her to leave your house. She thinks she's in heaven already;)

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
pictures added

petslover
09-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks for taking her in. wow, she looks so much like Kiara.

sammy101
09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
she's gorgeous!:) Good luck on finding the owner!

luvofallhorses
09-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh my gosh, she's beautiful!! :) Kudos to you and your parents for taking her in!! :)

Cincy'sMom
09-20-2005, 08:07 PM
What a beuaty! She and Kiara could almost be sisters!

animal_rescue
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
I think you should *cough* keep her *cough* convince your parents that Kiara is feeling left out because of the two brown dogs and wants another black & tan dog!:D

Kudos to you for taking her in!

gemini9961
09-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Dang, she looks like Ki so much. When you had them together there I had to look at Ki's collar to know it was her. She is beautiful. Are ya keeping her??? :D:D

LuvGold00
09-20-2005, 08:10 PM
How can you tell she's not spayed? Think she's had puppies, those nipples are pretty large, look like my Starr's.

Bless you for taking her in, she looks beautiful!

CathyBogart
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
She is lovely!! She is lucky to have wound up with you for the time being. :)

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Just assuming she's not spayed as it does look like she's had pups. Her nipples are receeding.

I just hope if we do find her owners they are responsible. Legally I have to give her back if we find them but it worries me considering how we found her with no tags.

Parents keep saying she's not staying so I doubt she is.

She's laying down on the tile, frog legs and all.

edit.

She just gotup, batted the tennis ball across the room, and then alyed back down, lol

LuvGold00
09-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Lucky dog, hopefully if you find her owners they are responsible... I wouldn't want to give her back if they weren't.

tigergrrrl
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Bless you for taking her in!! Thank god for you!! Are you sure she dosn't have ahome though? Well - since you said she has a scar on hr back - I hope her owner doesn't get her back if he/she made that scar!!
Thanks again for taking her in!!!:D

Good luck with the little gal:)

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by tigergrrrl
Are you sure she dosn't have ahome though?

Didn't say she didn't, we just don't know who her owners are yet. :)

slleipnir
09-20-2005, 08:35 PM
I don't think that just cause she has no tags that her owner is more likely to be irresponsible....I don't actually have tags on mine right now (though I've been meaning to buy them) I love my pets more than anything...it's just they don't run away...and it's so small here anyway..

Anyway, seeing she is well fed it might be she got away?? I hope that is it and I hope she has nice owners who are worried about her and find her soon. It's really great you're helping her though, she could have been hit by a car or something :( Goodluck

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
I didn't mean that at all.

I just know if my dogs went missing i'd be outside trying to find them until I did or until my feet became a bloody pulp.

My friends walked around the neighborhood all day. No signs, no one looking for her. By now they've got to know she's missing, hopefully.

I'm going to make some signs tomorrow to put up.

Samantha Puppy
09-20-2005, 09:02 PM
MUTTLIE #4!!!!!

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Everyone's sleeping now.
Ki in her bed.
Simba in bed with my parents.
Nala in her bed.
And "Sarabi" next to me on the tile.

I put the collar Laura sent me on here for now to get that harness off.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/7.jpg

Karen
09-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Hopefully her owners are around, she just may have wandered farther than they think - dogs do that sometimes, and good ol' Rita hanging around can't have helped if she got spooked! I hope she has good owners and you and the reconnect, she looks like a sweetie, and has obviously had some care.

She and Kiara do look like they could be long-lost cousins!

jesse_3
09-20-2005, 09:48 PM
She looks so cute and wonderful! If I would've lost her, I would NEVER quiot searching. YOu can just tell how wonderful and characterized she is in the pics!

God Bless you and you whooe family for letting her bunk in with you! I hope that her owners are looking for her, as long as they are loving.

Good luck!-
Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

CathyBogart
09-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Just OOC, did you have her checked for a microchip?

Kfamr
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
We just got her today and everything is closed by the time we got her, so no we have not.

wolf_Q
09-20-2005, 10:14 PM
She is sooooooooooooooo CUTE!! Glad you found her! Oh my she would be the perfect muttlie number 4, 2 tans, 2 black n' tans.......;) :D I will stop now though, she may have a family out there looking for her. Keep us updated.

CathyBogart
09-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
We just got her today and everything is closed by the time we got her, so no we have not.

Hehehe, yeah, every time I find a stray it's the middle of the night and nothing's open. -_- The last one was a MASSIVE puppy who had a go at trashing our no-dogs apartment. >.<

K9karen
09-20-2005, 10:33 PM
WOW! She seems really well behaved! Could be she just got out roamed further than her home. I saw a dog wandering in traffic years ago without a collar. I called our local police department, who have a 24 hour lost dog facility. Anyway, later found out by the cop that the dog had just been bathed and wandered off. The owners were frantically looking but hadn't gotten to my area yet. Anyway, I hope this was an accident and you find them. But like you, I'd go all over the world if I had to. She really is a sweetie. I love the picture of her on her belly with Simba, Nala and Kiara. What a submissive girl. You always do good Kay. You got your new dog wish, even if it is just temporary.

gini
09-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Kay, what a sweetheart you are for taking her in. I truly do hope that her owners are frantically looking for her. She does look and act as though she has had some loving care - so hopefully she will be reunited with her family soon.

vinjashira
09-21-2005, 05:24 AM
what a pretty girl, hopefully she'll be reunited with her owner soon..
meanwhile, thanks for looking after her!

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2005, 06:01 AM
What a lucky girl to have ended up at your house. She looks like a very sweet girl, and she is very cute. I hope you find her family, and they realize how lucky they are that she ended up with you rather than roaming the streets. Good luck, Sarabi.

lbaker
09-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Good luck Kay, good luck "Sari", you will let us know newest developments I'm sure. My goodness she's a beauty isn't she! And such a good girl. :cool:

Daisy and Delilah
09-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Kay, could you please PM me your phone number. I'm gonna call Mom and Dad and have a little talk with them. I think I can convince them to let this little cutie stay.;) ;) ;) She is the perfect balance in your house. Two tan, two black and tan. It's a natural:D She's absolutely beautiful. How lovely it would be to see her and Ki as a water ballet team in the pool:)

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Kiara and "Sarabi" just got done playing for a good hour or so, now both of them are zonked out on my bedroom floor. Simba and Nala were more interested in what my mom was cooking for breakfast. :rolleyes: :p

Her and Ki have such similar personailities - submissive, but playful. Kiara got mad that there was a dog in her crate last night. I let Sarabi sleep on my bed for a bit but didn't want to leave her out because I wasn't sure how she'd do. She cried for a bit in her crate then I put my finger in there, she licked it, and fell asleep.
Today i'm printing up flyers to post. I'm not going to be too descriptive saying "Pure bred Rottweiler" - I'm going to put

FOUND DOG - 9/20/2005
MEDIUM FEMALE
Black/Tan
Call: xxx-xxxx

If I put her breed i'm too afraid i'd get some weirdos asking for her.
I e-mailed the vet clinic/boarding facility that's right up the road to see if they know of anyone missing her.

Here are some pictures of her and Ki playing :)
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/8.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/9.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/10.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/11.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/12.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/13.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/14.jpg

Let you all know more later.

cyber-sibes
09-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Wow, it's a little hard to tell who's who in the pictures of Sirabe and Ki playing together! They sure look like they're related- It would be really cool if your parents would let you keep her (provided she has no where else to go) -- she & Ki are way too cute together!
Good luck with her. Maybe someone not in the family let her out - that's what happened when my Star went out for a walk in the neighborhood. Stupid roofing guy let her out :mad:. At least she's safe with you at the Muttlies doggie spa! - swimming, rubs, soft bed, fabulous food...

ramanth
09-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Good luck! I hope you find the owners and I hope they are good people.

She's so sweet looking and I cannot get over how much she looks like Ki. :D

lbaker
09-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Does she swim? I think the idea of "synchonized swimming" with Ki is mind-boggling :D

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 08:45 AM
She is very interested when Ki jumps in the pool but has not followed her yet. ;)

She did however, last night line perfectly up next to Kiara as they both squatted and pee'd. Synchronized peeing, anyone?

She absolutely adores Kiara and follows her around.

lvpets2002
09-21-2005, 08:48 AM
;) ;) Awee she is sweet & oh boy does she know what a heaven of a home she has yet..

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Mom just went to put some signs up.

I cannot get attached..
I cannot get attached..
I cannot get attached..
I cannot get attached..
I cannot get attached..
I cannot get attached..

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 09:26 AM
I am so happy she found you! If she has a home what kind of folks are they anyway?? Kind of makes you wonder since she seems to have recently had a litter.....does the name sarabi fit in with the lion king theme? I can't remember....if it does....

you are attached

you are attached

you are attached.....

gemini9961
09-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by caseysmom
does the name sarabi fit in with the lion king theme? I can't remember....if it does.........

It does!!! :D :D

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 09:39 AM
OMG, She looks like Kiara's sister!
What a doll!

Jadapit
09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Omg, she is adorable!! Her and Ki have the same excat coloring. How cool is that?;)

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Yep.. I am attached and that's why i'm afraid. She's a really good dog. She seems to be afraid of a lot of inside happenings (Toys, some furniture, decorations, fans. She's ran into the sliding glass door, too, and most homes down here have them.)

The girls are playing with her right now and have been for the last hour or so.

Sarabi does fit with TLK. :) Sarabi is Simba's mom's name in the movie.

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
There is a reason for everything, Kay. Sometimes we're just meant to be stepping stones along the way -- other times, the animal is sent to us because we are its perfect fit. You will figure out your place in Sarabi's life - whether it's temporary or permanent and you will rise to the occasion, no matter how difficult it may be. Just remember - there is a reason she was sent to YOU.

We all stand behind whatever decision you make... although I have to admit, it'd be fun to see 4 muttlies on a regular basis... ;)

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
She sounds a lot like casey, she is still afraid of the fans.

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 10:47 AM
OMG, Kay!! She's beautiful! Might I say that she fits right in with your 3? Two tan dogs, and now Ki has a match too! She's answering to her new name, Sarabi, too! I don't know....it looks like you've aquired a 4th!

Look at me. Encouraging you....:o

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Signs have been up for around 2 hours, nothing yet.
We didn't find any signs that she's missing, either. We put them in all of the entrances and a few of the main roads in our neighborhood.

Mom has asked a few people if they know of her, our one friend said they saw her in their garage yesterday but she ran when they opened the door.

Right now she's in Ki's crate because i'm about to hop in the shower.

Here are a few pictures..

She layed next to Ki on my bed this morning.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/15.jpg
Isn't she gorgeous?
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/16.jpg
Here she is asking me when her name's going on the fence.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/17.jpg

I wish. ;) :p

gemini9961
09-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I hope she stays. She fits in so well. She is stunning.

luvofallhorses
09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
She's beautiful, Kay! :)

you are attached, who wouldn't be with that pretty girl?! :D

I also hope she stays, too... it seems like she is just meant to be with you guys!! :)

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/15.jpg
This is why I don't foster.

They look like they belong together! That's a lot of beauty in one picture! Has she seen the pool yet?

lizbud
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh she is gorgeous Kay. :) I'll bet she lived with other dogs before. She seems so sweet & agreeable.:) Much too young to be a momma though, if she has been. I know she's in good hands right now & I do hope her people can be found. I wonder why she
was loose?

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I bet somebody dropped her off, god knows what happened to her pups.

I think you MUST keep her! Look how happy Ki is with her.

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Hopefully my dad reads all of this and passes it onto my mom. ;)
It's up to them. I'm willing to pay for all of her necessities completely, but it's their house.

I was afraid someone bred her and kept the pups only.

Who really knows yet, though.:(

Does she look like a pure bred? I think she does and she has all of the personaility traits of a typical Rott, but she's sooooooo tiny. There's no doubt in my mind though that Ki is Rottie now. They have a very, very similar build.

Jadapit
09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
She really is a beautiful dog!! Kay, Jada has nipples just like her. It's weird it looks like Jada had pups at some point and time but i know she NEVER has. So, maybe this one hasn't either?

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Hopefully my dad reads all of this and passes it onto my mom. ;)
It's up to them. I'm willing to pay for all of her necessities completely, but it's their house.

Does she look like a pure bred? I think she does and she has all of the personaility traits of a typical Rott, but she's sooooooo tiny. There's no doubt in my mind though that Ki is Rottie now. They have a very, very similar build.

How does your dad like her?

She looks Rotti to me, but her size is what's making me think she might be mixed. Maybe she isn't full grown yet? :confused: Aww, heck, I'm no expert.

luvofallhorses
09-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Just a question....

When unspayed dogs are in heat, don't their nipples enlarge??

sorry if it's a dumb question. :o

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Kay, when you adopt her and when you take her to the vet they may be able to tell if she had pups and how old she is.

I am not sure if she is a purebred or not and I know you wouldn't really care. Hopefully she isn't so nobody will come looking for her for just her value.

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2005, 12:48 PM

Here she is asking me when her name's going on the fence.
http://petevents.com/~simba/DOGFOUND/17.jpg

I wish. ;) :p

:D This really made me laugh. I am sure that you and your family will do whatever is best for Sarabi. She is a pretty girl, but does seem small build for a Rott.

Jamieejo85
09-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh Kay, I just saw this!! Bless you for taking this sweetheart in! She couldn't be in better hands. I am glad that you are trying to find her home but if no one claims her, I sure hope you get to keep her. She would be a great addition to your three!:D :)

Thandi
09-21-2005, 12:55 PM
WOW, she's the PEFECT addition to your family. Your parents cannot possibly not want her when they see them playing together. Hopefully it'll all work out in your favor, and you get to keep her!

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 01:41 PM
My mom said we have to take her to the shelter tomorrow if no one claims her.
I do not want to do this.

I've contacted 2 local vets.

:mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

kittycats_delight
09-21-2005, 01:44 PM
You don't think there is anyway of getting your mom to let her stay? Can you work on your dad to work on your mom? I hope you don't have to turn her over to a shelter. She seems to need to be near people and other dogs. Poor little girl.

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
-sigh-

We just drove up to the vet clinic up the street. No microchip.
No one looking for her.

We left them our information incase anyone calls for her.

Humane Society will not take strays in.
SPCA and the pound will, however they also are kill shelters and eunthanize if they are too populated. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do that although my parents may make me. :(

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
I bet you could find a rescue group to take her if you absolutely have to.

Our local spca is the same way....I guess there is no way to leave her there if you have to?

luvofallhorses
09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
I agree. Search for a rescue group that can take her.... or will your parents be willing to let you foster her until you can find a home for her??

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 02:57 PM
From my understanding rescue groups are unable to legally take dogs unless in the care of a shelter? I'm not sure.

But, if it does come down to it I will be searching for an alternate route. I don't want to abandon her. She is happily sleeping on my bed right now and is so well behaved.

It is pouring so our efforts with the signs will be washed away. :(

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
That could be true. When I found casey I took her out to the grassy area to see if we bonded...she was so shy I wasn't sure so I went to the spca....casey was at a high kill shelter.

Anyway me and my daughter could not stop thinking about her so we went back to get her. By that time a rescue had started paper work on her, I think she had been there 10 days and she was past her put to sleep date. Thank god they were not full and they felt that she was adoptable.

The rescue person handed me her forms and said you just need to pay for the tests I ordered. I got to talking to her and she says she goes around to the shelters and gets dogs before the shelter puts them to sleep and often the shelter calls them on a good tempered dog.

Still it is so scary to actually think about her being there. Your parents seem like softies....I bet you could change their minds.

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 03:09 PM
If the owner is looking on petfinder this would be a good place to post Dog Found.

http://www.petfinder.com/post/post.cgi?action=2&type=F

Hope the link works.

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
NEVERMIND... I SAW YOU ALREADY DID. :o

Jadapit
09-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Kay, have you thought about calling some of your local papers to see if anyone has placed an ad for a lost dog? Just a thought. I'm sure this is really hard on you.:( You and Sarabi are in my thoughts.

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Kay, there is an entry for a 2 year old female rottie lost in palm harbor, it says "kids are heartbroken"..Did you see that...its on petfinder under lost pets....

edit for #...their number is 727-422-0026...email is [email protected]

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 03:21 PM
It has to be her:

994966- Dog:Rottie
Palm Harbor,FL 727-422-0026 Monica Makley [email protected] 09-21-2005
Name: CoCo
Sex:F
Size:L
Delete Very sweet rottie got out of yard. Kids are heartbroken. Call if found 727-422-0026.

ramanth
09-21-2005, 03:23 PM
See if she answers to CoCo and that'll tell you right there...

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Kay, if it is her I am sure you can help her with some lessons in microchipping, tags, etc....and spaying of course!

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 03:39 PM
IT'S HER IT'S HER!

We just called Monica. They got her about a week ago and have no clue how she got out. She is at work and is seeing if her mom can come and pick her up. I'm assuming that's why she wasn't microchipped at all or had license.

I had my parents come in and stand around like everything was normal. Mom said "Coco!" and she came running.
I'm so happy but at the same time i'll miss her.

:D :D :D

beeniesmom
09-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Yay! A Happy ending!
At least she has a home.
Thank Goodness you found her.
She was with the right person while waiting for momma to find her.

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Awww!! I'm so happy you found her mommy!!!!! Way to go, Kay! And everyone else who looked on petfinder!

ramanth
09-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Horray!!!

Maybe you can set up play dates with Monica and her kids. :D

Jadapit
09-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Woohooo! A happy ending!:D

luvofallhorses
09-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I AM SO HAPPY!!!! :D THAT'S AWESOME!! :D

kittycats_delight
09-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Woohoo Woohoo !!! Doin' a happy dance. I am sooo glad you found Coco's momma. Yeaaaaaa Coco. :D

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I posted a found ad on PetFinder earlier this morning and have been looking on there since.

I got some more information on her. She HAS had puppies (Not while with Monica), has been through a few homes in the area.
Monica found her on PetFinder about 4 or so days ago and were just getting aquianted.

I'm so glad that while I was assuming the worst that it isn't and Coco does indeed have a very loving family now. :) Kiki is going to miss her!

Monica's mother is going to come and get her in about a hour and a half. It's storming very badly right now so she is going to wait until that is over. Monica sounded very happy according to my mom. We definetly need to talk about a play-date. :)

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Awww she probably got spooked by the storm. So glad she has a loving home.

animal_rescue
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Aww so glad she's found her home!

cyber-sibes
09-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Sounds like CoCo must not live too far away? So maybe she & Ki will be able to see each other- they look like they get along so well! It was a good thing you took her in, Kay. I don't thing the "average" person would have put all this effort into finding her owner, especially with her not having any id tags or microchips. You did good! (pat on the back) :) Don't ya love happy endings?

k9krazee
09-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I just saw this!! What a happy ending, I'm glad her owners were found!

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm all teary-eyed, I love happy endings. I am so happy that she has a new family that cares so much about her. What a lucky girl Coco has been recently to have found a loving home, and when she did get lost and scared to have ended up at such a happy place as your home. Excellent work, Kay. I really do hope that Coco and the Muttlies (or at least Kiara) get to have play dates in the future.

gini
09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
At last, a HAPPY ENDING STORY to read today.

Bless you and your parents for taking Coco in - and going to the trouble to find her owner.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-21-2005, 04:42 PM
What a gorgeous dog!!!:eek: :D ;) And I'm so happy you found her a home Kay!:D;)

AllAmericanPUP
09-21-2005, 04:50 PM
she is beautiful!!

glad to hear it's a happy ending:D :D

K9soul
09-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a happy ending indeed! What a beauty she is! That'd be awesome if she and Ki could get together for play dates :)

Cookiebaker
09-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Oh my goodness, I go away for a few days and look at the happenings! :eek: What a great story, and though I'm sad that Kiara doesn't have a new-found twin sister, I'm so glad that you found the rightful owners. :) I know if it were me, I would be so happy to have my lost dog back! :)

lizbud
09-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Great news. I'm so glad the owners were found. Maybe
you can talk her into joining Pet Talk.:D I am happy this
sweet dog has people to care for her.Congrats on finding them.

Kfamr
09-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, she's gone.
I'm going to e-mail Monica because it was her mother that came and picked her up. She was only here for about a day and a half but it seems so weird now. She sat down and didn't want to go so I picked her up and carried her to the car. :(

Both of my parents admit to missing her and I think she could have possibly snuck her way into their hearts they just didn't want to tell me. ;) My mom got down on the ground and was hugging and kissing her when she left.

gini
09-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh, Kay - they do sneak into our hearts so rapidly don't they?

Annie and Emma - two more kitties that I really (at the time) did not want...........didn't take long to give me a "heart attack" and there they were - inside!!

You really have done the right thing right from the start - and she has been returned to her family. Think of it this way - they did go to some trouble to adopt her in the first place. Let's think just the best thoughts that they will continue to love her and spoil her and give her a really good home.

I know this is difficult for you.

xxoo Gini

caseysmom
09-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Did the owner seem nice? You could always let them know to call you if something doesn't work out since they have only had her 4 days. It was really nice how well her and Kia got along.

wolf_Q
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm glad you found her owner and she seemed like a caring person. I know you (and the rest of us on PT!) will miss her though. I hope you can keep in touch and have her come over to play with Ki sometime.

Daisy and Delilah
09-21-2005, 08:17 PM
OMG!!! Coco is back at home!! Kay you did a beautiful job taking care of her. She is such a beautiful little girl and seems to be so sweet. Hopefully she can visit the Muttlies very soon. That would be great:D

petslover
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
That sure is a happy ending!

Christiansmommy
09-21-2005, 08:46 PM
I haven't been on Pettalk in a while, but am so glad to have read (all 7 pages) ;) of this story...soooo good that you found her and helped her to find her home again....yeah!! What a happy ending...although, I am sure you miss her...you did the right thing, as I am sure you know!! Anyway, glad that she fell into your hands...otherwise, someone may not have made such an effort to look for her owners, and now those kids are happy to have their dog back, I am sure!! I just loved this story!!

:)

K9karen
09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Sort of a happy/sad ending. I sure will miss her too! But I'm happy she's back with the kids. Hope you can keep in contact with them. I know Ki would love it too! You did great, Kay!

bckrazy
09-22-2005, 12:18 AM
aw, what a nice ending ~ or is it?... ;) It does sound like Coco got attached to your family, but seriously what dog wouldn't?! If Gonzo stayed at your house for 2 days and got to play with the Muttlies non-stop and eat Greenies all day, he probably wouldn't want to come home either ^-^ heh, just kiddding

I definitely see where you're coming from. Definitely!! My biggest pet peeve in the world is when you find a lost dog and care for them, and when the owners come they aren't even grateful and the dog doesn't want to go. It just happened to my oldest sister last week, they found a STUNNING white Husky girl roaming on a road outside of their neighborhood where the speed limit is 60 and theres tons of traffic! She did not have a collar or a microchip. After tying her into the front yard and sitting out there for hours waiting, then putting up dozens of signs everywhere, it took her "owners" 5 days to finally decide to look for her :rolleyes:.. I went over to their house every day, she and Gonzo played non-stop and loved each other and she loved their daughter and slept inside the house in "her" (Gonzo's) crate. Then, when Nick (DH), was actually getting attached to her and thinking of a name for her (which is freakin amazing, because Nick has only liked 2 dogs he's ever met until now ~ one of which is Gonzo :D), a lady called and said "Do you have my dog?".. I answered the phone, because I was babysitting my neice, and I was tempted to say "nooo.. I dunno what you're talking about. Bye." But of course I couldn't. They came over, walked into the backyard and just grabbed her collar (the collar that I bought her!) and left. They had a bratty little girl who chased Gonzo around, then jumped on the poor Husky's back.... they said they were "glad you found her", but no thank-yous. And they knew she had been gone for 3 days, but they said they hadn't "checked on her" the day she was gone. :( She was sooo sweet and obedient, and they just threw her in the yard 24/7. urghhhhh anyway ~ I'm SORRY for stealing you post to rant, but I really do know how you feel. Its totally shocking that these people don't even care to think about all of the energy and love we put into dogs and how much we care about their well-being.. If Gonzo got lost and some one took him in, I would not only thank them a billion times, I'd pay them a very good reward and ask how I can repay their time.

You most DEFINITELY could've saved Coco's life by taking her in off the streets, rescuing her from a life of GOD-knows-what with any creep that could've taken her. It sounds like she's had a rough life, and she had a lot of happiness with you. Totally remind them that your door is always open to her ~ and that they NEED to chip, license, and keep her inside or in a very secure area when they aren't home to watch her! You do deserve tons of credit for helping Coco out sooo much :)

Rachel
09-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
Totally remind them that your door is always open to her ~ and that they NEED to chip, license, and keep her inside or in a very secure area when they aren't home to watch her! You do deserve tons of credit for helping Coco out sooo much :)

Since you have Monica's email, and she may just appreciate a few tips from a mentor, maybe you could offer to answer any *dog owner questions* she might have. In addition to the above advice, I think it is important that she knows not leave Coco unattended with a training collar on. Had the ring gotten caught on something, it could have been a serious problem.

Congratulations, Kay, on a job well done. I do hope you and Coco will be able to have some contact in the future. Monica could benefit from being able to see someone like you interact with Coco.

gemini9961
09-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Aww Kay this is great news. We will miss her but she does have a loving family that was searching for her. Hopefully, you can keep in touch with Monica and see Coco often. Good job looking after her and helping to find her family. :)

Kfamr
09-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Monica just e-mailed me back. :)

She told me they had a 11 year old Rottie that had to be put down for health problems.

She also said that her daughter Marissa would love to have a play date sometime, she loves dogs too. :)

lizbud
09-22-2005, 07:33 PM
That's neat. :) Of course, you'd take lots of pics, right?:D

I hope it happens, she seemed to like your gang so much, Kiara
especially.

captain
09-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Kay - what a great result.

AND

Bless you for taking such good care of her, and making the effort.
Many people would not ..... {{{KAY}}}

*LabLoverKEB*
09-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Awww! Awww! This is just the sweetest story ever! i'm in love with lil' CoCo! She's just BEAUTIFUL! Bless your heart, Kay!:)

anna_66
09-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I've just seen this thead and thank goodness for happy endings (although she would have made the PERFECT addition to your pack;))!
If you all do have playdates, we expect pictures:D

sandragonfly
09-23-2005, 07:39 AM
whew..ah, what a rolling coaster thread!

too bad!!! "sarabi" would have been the 4th mutt we all would love to have. :(

but dilemma - she's reunited to her home once again. darrn.

I still can't get over with some miracles we get, see..kiara & "sarabi" soooo much ALIKE.. as of now, I still wonder what's the reason why coco came to you - we'll see!

probably playdates? well, we look forward hearing/see!

pitc9
09-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Yippee!!! What a wonderful ending!!
You've done a wonderful thing Kay! :D

slleipnir
09-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Glad everything worked out and that she has a good home afterall :D