PDA

View Full Version : Who has dachshunds? Prayers for my Frankie please. :)

luckies4me
09-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I always spell that wrong...does anyone here have one? I just got a little boy...going between the names Peanut and Frankie, and will possibly be getting his sister next week. Frankie is special needs, 5 and a half weeks old. He is eating on his own and boy does he have a good apetite! :D He was born into a litter where both parents were dapples. He is a red dapple with one blue eye, and the other eye is brown with blue specks in it. He has a messed up leg. We are unsure if he was born this way or if it was an injury. My vet suspects he may have accidently been stepped on as a wee one. For now he gets around just fine, but he will need surgery. Tomorrow he goes in for x-rays so we will see just how extensive the damage is and then develope a course of treatment. He will most likely need to see Dr. Faulker who is a pediatric surgeon.

There were 6 puppies born in the litter. One died, I have Frankie and his sister was born completely blind in both eyes. She is brown with two blue eyes, a white chest and white paws. The picture of ADORABLE! :D Other than that she is fine. This is just an example of why people should RESEARCH before breeding. :(

Unfortunately for right now this is the only photo I have of Frankie, as my batteries were completely dead when I shot it. I was trying to do it quick so I chopped off part of his head. :o Yes, I will still in my scrubs.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/c00e88fd.jpg

Also, just a quick update on Whiskey. She is now 40 lbs! :eek: She went to the vet's day before yesterday for her last set of shots. She does so well with vaccines. She doesn't even flinch! So in about a month she is going to get spayed. :)

Does anyone have any idea how in the heck I can get her to walk on a leash? She is absolutely terrified of the leash. :(

animal_rescue
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Oh he's so cute!! I have a miniature daschund named Marty.
Here's a pic of him
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p450d0d0638f818c7ee0d5d61165714bc/f3f7dc9c.jpg

luckies4me
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh how cute! :D I am really worried about his leg. I hope they can do something to fix it. If not I'll need to keep it wrapped for his whole life so he doesn't get pressure sores. :(

sammy101
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
he's adorable!:D
If his leg isnt broken,is there any kind of physical therapy he could get?that may help some.

gemini9961
09-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I hope everything goes well with him. He is a cutie. :)

bckrazy
09-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Wow, he's ADORABLE! :) Good luck with him, he is such a cutie and its sad that he got such a rough start in life because of crappy BYB's.

As for Whiskey, we need pics of her too! She sounds like a very healthy girl!! Definitely start leash training ASAP... start by just clipping a short leash onto her inside, walking around with her and making it positive, and even letting her drag it. When you begin to take her outside with a leash, don't put too much pressue on it and act very confident so she realizes she doesn't need to be scared ~ just follow her around with the leash on so she associates it with positive things. Puppy Obedience is always a must, especially for insecure pups ^.^

jenfer
09-20-2005, 08:26 PM
oh cute!!! i am sorry about the pup having a messed up leg. :(
did you say doxie??? :D gigi is a doxie. ;)

luckies4me
09-21-2005, 03:00 AM
With Whiskey, for instance the other day she came in for shots and I was going to use the leash to take her outside to the car. I was acting all excited and calling her name and I lightly pulled on the leash and she just started yelping really loud. I know I didn't hurt her. :confused: She is just so freightened of it. Should I just let her walk around with it on? I'd be afraid she would get caught on something or start chewing on it. I have photos of Whiskey, I just need to post them. :o

So tomorrow we will see how the x-rays go. Milo is going in to get fixed tomorrow too, and Tony got fixed yesterday. :) Whiskey is next, and then Strawberry...then when the two Doxies are old enough it's time for them to get the chop chop too. :)

luckies4me
09-21-2005, 03:28 AM
I was in the process of packing (moving soon) and cleaning and Strawberry and Frankie started playing LOL. They are too cute together! :D It's really fun watching them play. Stawberry is so much bigger than Frankie. It's so cute watching Frankie run around with his little gimp. He gets around really well despite his disability though. :)

Excuse the mess...like I said, I'm in the middle of packing and was cleaning cages, hence the vacuum (sp?) cord. I'm linking since my comp memory is full and I can't use photoshop.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/c051e2ae.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/20d8def2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/1ff533d4.jpg

luckies4me
09-21-2005, 10:46 AM
BUMP!

Getting ready to leave for x-rays. Wish us luck. Milo goes to work with me too. He's getting the chop chop today. ;)

Jamieejo85
09-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Good luck!!