PDA

View Full Version : sirrahsim....

sirrahbed
09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
and Tyler arrive in the states tomorrow night!!:D I will have my camera handy at the airport - want to capture grandpa meeting his grandson for the first time:D He has also not seen Missy for a year now and is so excited!! Tomorrow, Missy and Carol will packing, running errands and getting ready to take the bus to Narita. Missy and Tyler's room is all ready for them:D

Won't Boomer be happy to see his Meowmie and brother???:D

lvpets2002
09-20-2005, 11:27 AM
:D Woo Hoo Congrats & yes we are all excited too & waiting for pictures please..

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2005, 11:30 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope that they have a safe flight and that everything goes smoothly.:)

caseysmom
09-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I was going to start a thread asking you when they were leaving...how exciting! Of course we will expect reunion pictures!

catnapper
09-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh my godness! ALready? I hope her trip goes well.

Prayers for a safe flight for Missy, Tyler and Carol!

prechrswife
09-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Praying for safe travel!

DogLover9501
09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
How exciting!! I can't wait to see the pictures :D

I'll be thinking of them!

Daisy and Delilah
09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Missy, Carol, and little Tyler. Have a safe flight and a nice trip.

Debbie, Do we get to follow the flight like we did for Boomer? YAY!!!

PHRED: Where are you???;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Oops, I just sent you a PM, asking about xhen they are coming :D !
Do you have any idea what time they will be in the air? And, what is their arrival time in Ohio?

((((( wishing Missy and Carole a safe trip ))))))

sirrahbed
09-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Yes I have the flights if anyone wants to follow - but not quite so unique as when Boomer flew:p Here ya go:

CO 06 Narita/Houston - 22 Sep 3:50pm-1:50pm

CO 2185 Houston/Dayton 22 Sep 7:20pm -10:49pm

caseysmom
09-20-2005, 12:49 PM
We all adopted boomer during his flight, now it is your baby flying and she will be in our thought too!

I heard if you ask for the seats right behind first class, I guess its called the bunkhead or something like that, you have more room, maybe missy can do that?? I heard other folks with small children talking about that.

Lobodeb
09-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Godspeed to you, Missy and Tyler!

May your trip be an uneventful one!

Logan
09-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I hope they will have a safe and calm trip. I know traveling with a young one is not easy at all, but they will have you and Dennis waiting for them at the other end of the trip and it is so great that Carol is right there with them, Debbie. I know it makes you feel better, too.

We will lift our prayers and await your updates!!!! :)

caseysmom
09-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Thank goodness she has Carol, can you imagine even trying to use the bathroom on a plane when you have a baby?

sirrahbed
09-21-2005, 06:59 AM
YES, I am so relieved that Carol is flying with them and so very glad she decided to take her trip even though she missed seeing Paul....

But, they both had had a terrific time together and getting along well and even better friends than ever now:D

Carol, Tyler and Missy will be headed to bed about now (Wednesday morning in US) - and catching a bus to Tokyo in the morning (Thursday) We pick them up Thursday night!!

I will update everyone - I sooo appreciate the warm thoughts, comments and encouragement that so many of our PT friends have showered on us. It makes a real difference, believe me!:D :D

By now, I imagine Missy's internet is cut off so no posts or pictures for awhile but I will take some of their arrival and then her dad has her set up with a computer he built for her - so she can post to PetTalk from here!!:D

Boomer is doing very well but I know he misses his family - he will see them tomorrow!

Sirrahsim
09-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Internet is still working at the moment! Thank you all for thinking of me :) I'm just about done packing and am getting nervous about leaving my home for four months. In the morning I'll unplug everything and have been instructed to leave the a/c on low in each room. They (housing office) also told me to close every door in the house, but I can't figure that one out :rolleyes:
Right now I'm trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to EAT on the plane... With the tray table doww, where does baby go?:confused: :confused: I will ask for a bulkhead and am considering fudging a little if they refuse and saying that I'm pregnant again and need the extra room:o :o

sirrahbed
09-21-2005, 07:19 AM
I tried to get you a bulkhead Missy - but those are for people in wheelchairs now - sorry!! You and Carol can take turns eating maybe? I am also hoping that you will have an empty seat next to you - if there are extra seats available - your third person may well move:D

Oh and there are probably going to be LOTS of folks in Houston as the hurricane Rita has displaced so many people to there.

hmmm....might be worth trying at Narita to reroute you to Atlanta or Newark if possible??

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Have a safe trip, Missy!! It must NOT be easy to leave everything there behind for quite a long time.... . Were you able to talk to Paul lately? I hope so much that he stays safe.... !
Huge hug to you, Carol, and of course, cutie-pie Tyler !
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif ♥http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

K & L
09-21-2005, 08:19 AM
I can only imagine how excited you all must be right now! Can't wait to hear how the homecoming with Boomer goes!

Cataholic
09-21-2005, 08:46 AM
OMG, I cannot wait!!! Well wishes and prayers for a safe and uneventful trip for the three of you.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Look forward to seeing all the piccies! How exciting! Have a safe journey

prechrswife
09-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Have a safe trip, and tell me all about making that long trip with a baby. I'm collecting all of the advice I can at this point.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Have a safe trip. I'm thinking of all three of you.

christa
09-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Another exciting trip!

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Good luck, Missy & Carol & Tyler!!! Prayers are with you!

Logan
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I would think that Houston is not the airport you would want to go through, either, if you can help it. I have a good friend who was headed to Houston tomorrow for a high school reunion and it turns out that it has been cancelled due to this hurricane. He said he could not get through to the airline to cancel his ticket yet. I'm sure it is a madhouse.

Have a safe trip, you guys! We'll be thinking of you!!! :)

jenluckenbach
09-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Have a safe trip. I can't wait to see Boomer's reaction. :)

Sirrahsim
09-21-2005, 04:03 PM
wow, dsl hasn't been cut off yet!! It's wouldn't be easy to get my flight changed at this point. They would have to completely switcheroo both legs of my flight and I don't know if they'd be willing to do that. I can always ask though...
I can't believe that I was able to sleep last night... I got about 4 hours or so and am now up getting ready.
eeeek

Lobodeb
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
You might just want to ask them at check-in, if they can move you to something with more room. It's not unheard of to upgrade you to 1st class either.

Just a thought.

Have a safe trip!

sirrahbed
09-21-2005, 04:23 PM
According to the FAA site - http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp flights are still on schedule through Houston but weekend plans may be changed and this decision is to be made by 2pm tomorrow. (Thursday)http://www.continental.com/travel/tcTodaysOperations.asp

Praying for your flights Missy, Carol and Tyler:) Looks like you will pass through Houston before any problems though expect a VERY crowded airport:eek:

rg_girlca
09-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for a safe trip.

Can't wait to hear how everything went and of course to see pictures.

Charge up those batteries Debbie. :D

CalliesMom
09-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Good luck on your trip!

caseysmom
09-22-2005, 12:00 AM
So if I have the times right Missy's plane should take off in about an hour? Have a safe journey!

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2005, 12:15 AM
I hope that everyone has a safe flight and that everything goes smoothly.:)

sirrahbed
09-22-2005, 03:10 AM
FAA site shows the Tokyo flight on time and it left about 50 minutes ago. :) 02:50 EST - Mom and Dad are up and watching the news:rolleyes: If she changed flights - she did not tell me - Houston is still open and receiving flights.

Babies sure have a way of keeping us up don't they? My baby is 21:eek:

I told Missy to not worry about anything and that I would do that for her - (my specialty):D

I called the airline and talked to an agent in Houston - he said their news says the hurricane will hit tomorrow afternoon but that the Continental employees were all still there and working. Personally - he was not leaving the city and would stay in his apartment - nice man - so we chatted and I wished him safety...his name is Chris.

Craftlady
09-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Interesting landing in Houston.
Will keep good thoughts that they are able to land there and take off.

Cookiebaker
09-22-2005, 07:04 AM
What time is Missy's flight expected to land in Texas?? Praying for a safe trip for her!!

sirrahbed
09-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
What time is Missy's flight expected to land in Texas?? Praying for a safe trip for her!!

Thanks Cookiebaker!
here ya go:

Daisy and Delilah
09-22-2005, 08:14 AM
My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with Missy, Tyler, and Carol today. Have a safe flight!!:)

moosmom
09-22-2005, 08:17 AM
ALL of you have a safe flight. Boomer, granny has something pretty cool waiting for you. Don't eat it all at once. Keep a stash hidden. When you run out, email me. I've got great connections!!

Craftlady
09-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Thanks Cookiebaker!
here ya go:

Layover in Houston for a while (5 hrs) until flight leaves at 7:20 p.m.

slleipnir
09-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Is she still coming with the Hurricane and all??? Or is it not in your area?? Either way, have a SAFE flight :D

Craftlady
09-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Is she still coming with the Hurricane and all??? Or is it not in your area?? Either way, have a SAFE flight :D

They have to layover in Houston before going on to Dayton Ohio.

jazzcat
09-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Have a safe flight!!!!