PDA

View Full Version : What was your first Pet Talk Post?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-14-2002, 04:30 PM
You know the one. The one you just had to try to see how it all works. Or just had to risk sharing your opinion even though you were not too sure about this message board thing.
Mine was on February 14, 2002 to the thread: I'm so embarrassed about just finding the cat link under Pet talk. Then it was First cloned cat. I could't possible keep quiet on THAT! Now there's no limit to my opinions. (Sorry about that. :D)

Logan
03-14-2002, 04:48 PM
I just found my very first post. Back then, I was posting as lhg0962. I posted on 7-3-2000 and it was in response to a question Karen asked about "leaning" dogs. Funny, now I remember that post very well!!!

That was a good question! :)

AmberLee
03-14-2002, 04:50 PM
I vaguely remembered lurking here for quite a while before I HAD to put my two cents' worth in on any of the threads. MomofFuzzyFaces, your post made me curious enough to look it up to see just what thread it was that 'tipped me over' into posting. One of our members had lost her treasured cat, and I wanted/needed to extend my sympathies to her. My Sassafras had passed away just over 3 months prior ...

The advice/humor/sympathy here is so healing. So glad that we found this place! :D :cool:

Freckles
03-14-2002, 05:05 PM
It was a comment about Cat of the Day, Millie

Randi
03-14-2002, 05:44 PM
I think I posted my first on 19th january 2002 after lurking for 3 days. Just about the time when this site changed the layout. My first was "How much does your cat drink"

Before that, I visited quite often to see COTD.

A great site! :D

Sudilar
03-14-2002, 06:02 PM
My first was 9-20-2000. The topic was Big Dogs!

LoudLou
03-14-2002, 09:00 PM
1st post was 1-15-2002.... Does your dog smile?..........Was OH SO HAPPY to find this board with all these GREAT people.....Still don't know how I found it, though.:)

Logan
03-14-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar
My first was 9-20-2000. The topic was Big Dogs!

Well, that is certainly a topic you could easily chime in on, Sue!!! :D

Former User
03-15-2002, 02:01 AM
11th August 2001 the day we joined... I didn't know yet how to post (took a while for a blond to learn) so my husband posted first, and he advertised the kittiecats homepage, so that everyone could go and have a look and get to know them. Since then, I've learnt how to post, and I'm a giant blabbermouth, since there's more than 1 200 posts already :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

sirocco
03-15-2002, 05:46 AM
I also remember mine pretty well! It wasn't that long ago :D It was also the first time I joined a forum (by thenn I didn't even use the Messanger thing nor ever chatted! And I am computer literate, I'm getting a degree on Telecommunication Engineering but I must admit I felt reluctant to meet people on the Internet :o Now I must admit I was wrong - It's been SOOO nice to meet you all here :D !)
When I visited the site for the first time I was amazed!! I can't remember how I got here, though. I fell in love immediately with the site, the whole idea of POTD and, of course, the forum!
My first post was on How did you come up with my cat(s) name? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=61423#post61423) I thought the question was great and also that it would be a nice way to introduce myself, and of course, Sirocco ;) Some people have already mentioned that the first time they posted they felt like joining in a huge family and also a little afraid that they would be rejected, as you seem so close (well, now it is we :D !!!!)
Anyway, you welcome was very warm and now I feel I'm really part of this site!!

Nita

Logan
03-15-2002, 07:01 AM
I love your title....... Cat(er) Pillar!!! LOL!!! :D :D I just noticed it this morning!! :)

Former User
03-15-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I love you title....... Cat(er) Pillar!!! LOL!!! :D :D I just noticed it this morning!! :)

:D :D :D (my husband came up with it)

purrley
03-15-2002, 07:07 AM
:D :D I'm a SENIOR - I don't remember:D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-15-2002, 09:04 AM
I lurked a while before I couldn't control myself on the issue of inside vs. outside cats!

sammi
03-15-2002, 09:10 PM
I checked back and it was something like 10/13/00 on dog hair..I then noted another post. Does anyone remember Alison who had the small dog named Bella and it had been attacked by a big dog and was paralyzed? Wonder how she is doing and if she got another dog. She finally had to have her put to sleep and it was a very heart breaking story.

Sudilar
03-16-2002, 08:02 AM
Yes, I'll never forget the story of dear Bella. I also wonder how Alison is doing. What a tragic story.

Pam
03-16-2002, 10:10 AM
Oh my fellow Pillars are taking me on a trip down Memory Lane. Yes I remember Margaret from Chicago. I wonder how she is doing? Also the sad story of the pup named Bella was something I'll never forget. When we got our Bella we were all trying to decide on names. My husband suggested the name of Bella. The interesting thing is I had told him about the post but never mentioned that sweet little dog's name! When he said that, I figured that had to be the name for my baby! That first little Bella's mom's logon name was amanion, (Alison) if I remember correctly. My first post had to do with an orange Cat of the Day who bore a very strong resemblance to my Trevor! ;)

Pam
03-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Yes Chuck that is him! I just went back and did a search and I am really a wordy person.....pages and pages of me yacking on Pet Talk! haha! :D Bunion is such a cutie pie and just looked so lazy laying there like Trev!

RachelJ
03-16-2002, 11:57 AM
My first post was on a Dog of the Day on 08-08-2000. I was so thrilled to realize that I could now *send a message* to the people who had the DOTD as prior to Pet Talk aspect of Dog of the Day, I had often wanted to do that. My first post on a different topic was about *Toys* where I commented about Hannah's love for her Kong.

One thing I noticed in doing the search that my posts are often the kiss of death on a topic, as I am frequently the last poster. Ha.

Logan
03-16-2002, 12:38 PM
WRONG, Rachel!!! I think many of us think we are the "death of the post"!! LOL!! :o Sandra and I have had this discussion many, many times!! I think with all the activity, posts just get too far down the list for most people to ever read them! My day, since the transport this morning, has been spent "catching up" on my communities, and I have hardly made a dent!!

Keep on posting, lady!! We love hearing about Hannah and Tucker!

sammi
03-16-2002, 01:47 PM
I have been thinking that I was "The kiss of Death on a topic" I didn't realize others felt this way.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2002, 03:23 PM
I was afraid to start my first thread because I thought everyone would think it was dumb and not answer it. I'm glad they answered it even if they did think it was dumb. I don't even remember what it was now. :) :)

Freckles
03-16-2002, 03:35 PM
First thread (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8339)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2002, 03:48 PM
THANKS FRECKLES!
How did you ever find it?
:)

Freckles
03-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Go to SEARCH at top.
At SEARCH BY USER NAME, type in your name.
At left bottom, SEARCH OPTIONS,
Click on SEARCH TITLES ONLY on.
Keep SHOW RESULTS AS THREADS.
At SORT RESULTS BY, click on IN ASCENDING ORDER.
PERFORM SEARCH.
Results will show your very first post at top and your name as thread starter about 12 down in the list.
Cool, huh?

Also try experimenting with the other SEARCH OPTIONS to see what the differences are.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2002, 05:47 PM
WOW! Cool Indeed!
I learned more new stuff! Thanks a bunch!:)

Pam
03-16-2002, 05:57 PM
You can also go into your own profile. From there click on Search For All Posts By This User. (on the right hand side) In my case there were 81 pages of posts to go through to find my first one! :o Just keep clicking back to get to the first page.

goldenmom
03-16-2002, 07:55 PM
This is a good Post for me to read today!! I just joined yesterday and I am trying to figure out how this all works! This post caught my eye....what a good way for me to stop in and say Hi to all of you!! Hopefully I will figure this site out and you will be hearing a lot more from me. Is there any truth to "you can't teach and old dog new tricks?" I'm the OLD dog so this might take me awhile!!
Judy

Karen
03-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Oh, how fun that your first post is in the First Post thread! Welcome, welcome goldenmom!

My first post was THE first post, so I wasn't gonna bother cluttering up this thread! :)

Pam
03-17-2002, 05:37 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Goldenmom! If you are an "old dog" then there are lots of old dogs here at the old Pet Talk Kennel! :D I think our members are all over the board, from elementary school age through senior citizens! Our one common thread is we love our pets. From your name I am assuming you have Goldens. How smart am I? ;) :cool: Well, you are in for a treat because there are LOTS of golden owners here. Sit down and prepare to have fun!

Logan
03-17-2002, 07:05 AM
We seem to follow each other around!! You will see some familiar faces here, and some new ones as well!! You already know Jackie, Dixie and me, plus a couple of others who are regulars here, who pop into Jackie's community. Plus daisy and Sugarbear and Quanzhan come here too occasionally. They are daisyjeanne, and shoot I can't remember Terri's name on Pet Talk, but you'll know it if she posts! LOL!!

You guys, Judy is truly a Golden Mom. She has Kaylee, who is a 9 month old Golden girl, and Tucker, who is just a little baby Golden fellow. You're going to enjoy having Judy here, for sure.

:D

Goochina & Goochissimo
03-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Let's see... can I remember that far back?

AHh yes... it was a few minutes ago, in Cat Behavior. ;)

Hope to stick around more!

~Katie.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-19-2002, 11:36 AM
I clearly remember my first post. I had been lurking around for almost 2 months. I posted on 08/08/01 in reply to A Story for Annie Millron. It was about an abused dog called Sparkle. A pet talker had provided a URL with detailed daily progress of this tortured Newfi/Lab mix. I remember crying everynight for along time about this dog.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Welcome to new Pet Talk member; Goochina & Goochissimo!
I hope you learn to love Pet Talk as much as I do.