PDA

View Full Version : Travelling To California

manda_moo87
09-19-2005, 10:52 PM
One of my best friends and I are planning a trip to CA. We're hoping to go in the middle of May next year just after my birthday. This will be our first trip on our own, without our familes. I was just wondering if anyone has an travelling advice for us. We're probably going to be buying our plane tickets and booking our hotel through expedia.ca, I've heard they're good. We're planning on staying in LA, does anyone know of any good hotels that are reasonable? Maybe I can meet up with a few PTers when I'm down there, does anyone live in LA? Our only major concern is how to get around... we aren't able to rent a car since the rental agencies have a minimum age limit of 21 and both of us will be 19. Any idea there? I guess there is always taxi, but I'm sure that would cost a fortune!

I'm SO excited about this. :D

Any attractions anyone can recommend? We REALLY are hoping to go to Malibu, our favorite star lives there. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
09-19-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm sure that you'll have a great time in the LA area.:) Too bad you aren't planning on going in July because then you'd be able to meet a lot more Pet Talkers at the next annual LA PT BBQ. Gini lives in the LA area so I'm sure that she can answer most of your questions.:) I live in Northern California so unfortunately I can't be of much help.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey, I am am SOOO envious of you Manda!!!!! lol, not really:D, I'm happy and excited for you!!;) I lived in the L.A. area for 3 years, about 3 years ago, so I've experienced quite a bit! Let's see...as far as hotels, I'm blank since we never stayed in hotels, lol...haha:rolleyes: :D I'm not sure what to say about rentals...but there are definitely a lot of attractions. I always liked Disneyland (lol!), Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain (a little farther north) and of course the beach is AWESOME!!:D (And shopping in downtown L.A. too) If I think of anything else significant, I'll post or PM you again. I'd love to go back there and travel again though...it's such a beautiful state! (but beware, the people are kind of strange...:rolleyes: :p and the traffic is TERRIBLE!!!:eek: You've never seen traffic 'til you've been to L.A.);)

DJFyrewolf36
09-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Any chance you'll be driving through Northern Nevada? Probibly not, since you'll be staying in LA but if for some reason you want to take a er...scienic route (Sagebrush isnt very pretty) you could stop by and visit me! :D

Good luck on your trip, wherever you decide to go. California is a very fun place to visit, with all sorts of things to do and see!

NoahsMommy
09-20-2005, 01:01 PM
There is always a ton to do in California...the beach and the shopping, like you said. Theme parks are fun too. :)

Um...hotels? LA is HUGE, so it'll depend on what area you want to be in. You also should look into Enterprise Rent-a-Car, I believe they rent cars to people younger than 25.

Would you be flying out here?

slick
09-20-2005, 01:58 PM
I've PM'd you with my toll-free work phone number. Hopefully we can touch base and I can share my LA experience with you. :)

manda_moo87
09-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Argh!

I tried Enterprise Rent-a-Car and they won't rent cars to anyone under 21. Anyone know of any other car rental agencies? Or taxi prices in LA? :confused: