PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking up a new sport!

jesse_3
09-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, since I was cut from the volleyball team, I am joining archery! (No I am NOT hunting!-well, maybe popcans and targets, and haybales..) I think that it will be fun! I have been looking on ebay for idea's, but, I don't even know what length I need or anything!

First I have to get a job though. Ineed money for my pick-up($300, and only needs a new fender and door.) and a bow and some arrows..A gas station near by is starting job offers, so I am going to try there tomorrow..wish me luck!-Oh yea, and when I get my pick-up, I can take LONG raod trips and see some PT'ers!;)

Steph (Jesse and Sammy too!)

Flatcoatluver
09-19-2005, 09:56 PM
GOOD LUCK! i TRIED THAT AND I SUCKED!! i HIT A TREE INSTEAD OF THE TARGET WHOOPS

finn's mom
09-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Cool! I have always been interested in trying archery! Good luck!

Almita
09-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Archery is fun since my dad and brothers hunt ( and they want me too but i will stick to fishing) They took be to go archering at a archery range place and it was fun also a shooting range I realized that i was a lefty for shooting instead of a righty because i was arching my back on my right side and with my left i was doing great and was fun!

petslover
09-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Good Luck with that!

DJFyrewolf36
09-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Good for you! It's great to try out new things! I'm kind of bad at Archery :p but I love going out shooting, and I like to watch the pros on TV. Its amazing how accurate they are! When I was in JROTC in high school, our Marine classroom instructor would use our indoor riffle range for his archery practice. His accuracy was scary :eek: but again its FUN to watch!

Good Luck on the job and truck!! Too bad I didn't live closer to you, I'd help you with the fender and the door. (had to replace both on my car lol)

NoahsMommy
09-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Sounds like fun!! :)

Good luck today with the job!

Logan
09-20-2005, 01:24 PM
I think it is terrific that you are bouncing back and trying something new!!! :) Good for you!!!!!

Volleyball has turned out to be my daughter's favorite sport and she is quite good at it, but I would bet she wouldn't know what to do with Archery! Everyone just needs to find their niche, and if this isn't it for you, I'm sure you will find the perfect thing eventually!!!!!

Best of luck.

Logan

Desert Arabian
09-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Awesome!! I am huge into archery too, it is an absolute blast. Archery league starts in the middle of October, so I am getting ready, beforehand I have to get a new bow (the one I have now is junk). This past summer I did an archery golf tournament, it is the highlight of the summer, I always seem to do well- it is a blast. I am not going bowhunting this year, but next year I will definately be out in the woods in my treestand. I am kinda lucky though, a close family friend of ours is a state champion shooter, he coaches me a lot. Danny gives me lots of good advice to help improve my shooting. Have fun!! Never give up!!