PDA

View Full Version : my cat miss prissy

I love cat's 17
09-19-2005, 08:27 PM
my cat mis prissy had 5 babbies but they died and she is going to have more i hope they do not died. but miss prissy is calico with brown eyes she is very pretty.
what shonld i do ??????????? :confused:

kittycats_delight
09-19-2005, 08:31 PM
You should have your cat spayed is what you should do. Do you know that with every heat and every pregnancy your cats chances of getting certain cancers goes up. She needs to be spayed. How old is your cat? How old was she when she first got pregnant? Please do your cat a favor and get her spayed.

I love cat's 17
09-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
You should have your cat spayed is what you should do. Do you know that with every heat and every pregnancy your cats chances of getting certain cancers goes up. She needs to be spayed. How old is your cat? How old was she when she first got pregnant? Please do your cat a favor and get her spayed. she is a year old when she had her frist litter now she is 2 years old

kittycats_delight
09-19-2005, 08:51 PM
how pregnant is your cat. Is she almost due? Will she have her babies indoors? I suggest when she get close to due to keep her inside. Outdoors is not a safe place for your cat to have her babies.

Please get your cat spayed after she has her babies and weens them. They can have new homes at 8 weeks old.

luvofallhorses
09-19-2005, 08:55 PM
:(

I love cat's 17
09-19-2005, 08:56 PM
ok thak you but want if we do not have the money

kittycats_delight
09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
there are many shelters that do spays for next to nothing and some that do them free. You can get vouchers to get it done at half price as well. You need to get on the phone and call around to all the shelter and find out when they have their spay and neuter clinics and how much it will cost. In all honesty if you could not afford to spay your cat you maybe should not have gotten her and you most definately should not have let her outside where she could get pregnant.

I am not trying to be rude or abrasive to you but your cats health is at risk by being unspayed and having babies. There are so many things that can go wrong with a pregnancy and birth if you don't have the money to get her spayed that means you don't have the money for an emergency if it should arise throughout her delivery.

momcat
09-19-2005, 09:44 PM
After having five babies with none surviving, Miss Prissy really needs to see a vet just to make sure there are no medical risks to her or her babies. The most important thing is to have her spayed as soon as possible after these babies are born. Two years old seems rather young for her second pregnancy. If money is an issue, there are financial options available through shelters. Make those phone calls now! You can contact local shelters, rescues, local vets for help. If there's a veterinary collegs nearby call them too. Please please please don't put your sweet kitty through another pregnancy.....

catnapper
09-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Sigh.... my heart breaks every time I read threads like this.

First, its already been pointed out if you cannot afford a spay, how on Earth are you going to afford vetinary care for her if complications arise? How are you going to afford vet care for 4,5,6 babies?

I volunteer for an animal rescue and we turn away dozens of cats a DAY. The cat population is explosive, and you just willingly and selfishly added to it. Our rescue's director just resigned because she felt too guilty for turning those dozens of cats away daily... she feels like their blood is on her hands because she knows that by turning them away, they'll either be euthanized in an overpopulated Humane Society or SPCA, or set free into the world to become road kill, prey, or victim to disease.

I sincerely hope nothing happens to your kitty during this pregnancy. But if something happened last time, don't be niave and not expect life-threatening issues again this time.

Spay her. There are so many low-cost clinics around today. Many are even FREE. Place a few phone calls, do some legwork, and get her spayed.

Pawsitive Thinking
09-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by momcat
After having five babies with none surviving, Miss Prissy really needs to see a vet just to make sure there are no medical risks to her or her babies. The most important thing is to have her spayed as soon as possible after these babies are born. Two years old seems rather young for her second pregnancy. If money is an issue, there are financial options available through shelters. Make those phone calls now! You can contact local shelters, rescues, local vets for help. If there's a veterinary collegs nearby call them too. Please please please don't put your sweet kitty through another pregnancy.....

Please take this advice and look after your cat - they don't have to have kittens to be happy. My two cats were spayed as soon as they were old enough - one lived until she was 14 and Brody is a very happy and contented puss.

lvpets2002
09-20-2005, 09:04 AM
:( I do believe Michelle & Kim have took the words right out of my mouth..:rolleyes:

catmandu
09-20-2005, 09:17 AM
WE ARE PRAYING,FOR THOSE LITTLE KITTENS,AND THAT MOMMA CAT.
WE HOPE,THAT THEY ARE HEALTHY,AND THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE,TO HAVE THAT MOMMA CAT SPAYED
THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY UNWANTED CATS,TO MAKE MORE CATS,THAT HAVE NO FUTURE.
I SEE IT EVERYDAY,WHEN I GO,ON THE PORCH,AND SEE THOSE FACES,NOT TO MENTION,THE CATS,THAT HAVE DIED,OF DISEASE,GEM,KARINA,CHARCOAL,ANGELS,ROADBLOCK,ORANG IE,AND FREDDY.
PLEASE GET YOUR CAT SPAYED ASAP.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1095.jpg

I love cat's 17
09-21-2005, 09:04 PM
i no but i do not have the money

DogLover9501
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
:(

kittycats_delight
09-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by I love cat's 17
i no but i do not have the money

But that is just it. You don't need to have the money. There are shelters that do it for almost nothing and some that do it free. Call around and find out who will.

catnapper
09-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Exactly.... FREE!

My girl only cost me $35 to spay last year. If I hunted a little further, I might have found something free.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Its very simple - pick up the phone and start dialing numbers. Start with the local SPCA, Humane Society, Animal Rescue League. Go from there. SOMEBODY will know where to go in your area.

I do have to ask: WHY have a pet if you can't afford even the basic health care for it? When was the last time she even saw a vet? If you can't afford a $50 spay, how can you afford the basic yearly exam? Mine all cost $100 for their yearlies. What fi she has a major health crisis? What if the pregnancy has complications? A trip to the emergency vet would add up to $500 FAST. A spay at the most expensive Veterinary hospital is not even half that.

Lightning SuperCat
09-22-2005, 05:21 AM
You really need to get her spayed. The people here aren't trying to be rude, they know what they are doing. Please call around to see if someone can do it for free or very little. Lightning's was only $40 or so and he also got a few shots. Please, please, look for a good vet. Are you going to keep the kitties? You can't have the babies outside, they will be very vulnerable to disease. I am praying for you that the babies are delivered safely and that you will find a great vet to nueter your kitty.

Welcome to Pet Talk!!! :D

momcat
09-22-2005, 06:27 PM
We do understand that money is a problem for you right now. There are some extremely experienced and knowledgable people on PT. And when it comes to cats, these fine folks have forgotten more than I'll ever know, I say that with the utmost respect! We all care about Miss Prissy and we understand that you do too. All anyone is saying to you is money doesn't have to be a roadblock for your kitty's health. All you have to do is make some phone calls or get on your computer. This is doable if you make the effort!

I love cat's 17
09-22-2005, 07:51 PM
i no but they said they can not help us :(

kittycats_delight
09-22-2005, 09:10 PM
You have called every single shelter and rescue? The ASPCA, Humane Society, regional rescues, your counties humane services, all the vets? There is someone that can help. I can guarentee you. Where in Texas are you? I can guarentee you that if we give us that info someone here will help you find someone to help your cat.

I love cat's 17
09-24-2005, 08:56 PM
i live in arp tx

Flatcoatluver
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
in wa we have a van that is nuter and spay that goes all around wa in july and does neuter and spay for 5 bucks

I love cat's 17
09-24-2005, 09:24 PM
i did not no that

Flatcoatluver
09-24-2005, 09:26 PM
well there is probally alot of places around in texas that are like that, its not like texas is a state that does absolutly nothing

I love cat's 17
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
we will try to