PDA

View Full Version : Does ur cat do weird things?

sweet_stormy
03-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Does ur cat do weird/ gross things to it's self, u, or any one else? Have u seen "Full House" before? Well my cat Stormy is like Danny Tanner. If Im just sitting back relaxing in the chair in the living room my cat Stormy will get up by my hair and start to clean it. I dont think it means I need to take a shower b/c she does this even after Ive taken a shower and my hair is dry. I dont mind b/c it tickles. I only let her do this for about two minutes at the most. Im kind of cool with that and kind of not.:cool: But u gotta have friends..... Im all alone with no one right beside me but u gotta have friends!:D

tuxluvr
03-14-2002, 02:21 PM
Ritzy chews on each back toe, one at a time....for HOURS---puts the whole thing in her mouth

LoudLou
03-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Ritzy chews on each back toe, one at a time....for HOURS---puts the whole thing in her mouth

Bonzo does this with his front toes... he's has thumbs.:D Silly kittie.

Heather Wallace
03-14-2002, 04:47 PM
Yes my cat does a really strange thing. I call it sucking of my shirt, as he kind of licks it as if he where feeding from his mother. When he is finished I have a huge wet patch on me.

I heard it is to do with weaning etc and you should polietly push them away.

wolflady
03-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Yes my cat does a really strange thing. I call it sucking of my shirt, as he kind of licks it as if he where feeding from his mother. When he is finished I have a huge wet patch on me.

I heard it is to do with weaning etc and you should polietly push them away.

LOL Heather! My family used to have a cat that did this very thing...only she would suck her front paw. We called it "slobber catting"!:D

Harley
03-14-2002, 06:05 PM
My 2-year-old, Trixie nurses the soft part of my hand between my thumb and forefinger. This is one of the few times that she purrs. My hand gets all wet and slobbery, but it's a real bonding moment between the two of us.

sweet_stormy
03-15-2002, 11:19 AM
That is ssssssoooooooooo cute!

Randi
03-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Some evenings, Fister will sit in the kitchen and just stare in to a corner - that IS weird!! :D

At first, we thougt he'd seen a little fly or something, but we don't think thats the reason - just can't figure out why! :rolleyes: He might be meditating! :D

sweet_stormy
03-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Maybe he just has to sit down and think things through. U know. If he should do something or not. Maybe he just needs a little thinking time.:confused: Im not sure. But that is my guess.;)

tuxluvr
03-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Ritz also does something odd when the phone rings. One of them is up on a stand next to a chair - she jumps up on the handrail of the chair and puts one paw on the phone, then meows between rings. Ring, meow, ring, meow.

The other phone is very close to the floor and when it rings she goes over and stands on it and does the same ring, meow, ring, meo thing....

I don't know if it is the vibration or if she watches us...it's like she's saying "Phone for you!"

LoudLou
03-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Ritz You are so SMART! Maybe y'all can teach her to answer the phone next?! Or hang-up on those icky telemarketers?!;)

Logan
03-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Mimi is very normal.......she doesn't do anything strange. Butter makes up for it :eek:..... if you read my post about the new trick, you know a lot of the story, besides where he chews up every piece of paper in sight!!!! :rolleyes: Major bad habits, but I love him anyway!!!! :o

tuxluvr
03-24-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Ritz You are so SMART! Maybe y'all can teach her to answer the phone next?! Or hang-up on those icky telemarketers?!;)

No opposable thumbs! Darn. Besides, I fear she would also learn to dial and call up all the kittens in Abu Dhabi!