PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in some "Cat Who" books on tapes?

jazzcat
09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
I have some of the "The Cat Who..." books by Lillian Jackson Braun on tape and one on CD that were my mother's. She loved that series of books and because of her eyes sight had to go to audio tapes. Anyway, I don't feel right trading them in for more books, I think Mom would want to share them with others.

Anyone interested please let me know. I have 9 total and will be glad to mail them to 2 or 3 different people.

Just remember these are audio books - tapes and one CD, not actual books to read. I believe they are all in good working condition but haven't checked them.

I'll do this on a first to reply basis I guess but since I have 9 I can send some to a few people if there is interest. I just want to keep my shipping costs down.

Randi
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I've read a few of them and really enjoyed! I would love a tape or two. I'll gladly pay for the shipping - or perhaps I can send you something from Denmark. :)

sirrahbed
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I sent you a PM lori :)

jazzcat
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Here's a list of what I have - there 9 total.

"The Cat Who..."
- Ate Danish Modern unabridged (Catmandu)
- Went Up the Creek
- Robbed a Bank
- Smelled a Rat
- Tailed a Thief
- Brought Down the House unabridged
- Knew a Cardinal (Catmandu)
- Saw Stars (Catmandu)

The one on CD is
- Talked Turkey unabridged (Wolflady)

Randi and Debbie let me know which ones you would like and so forth for anyone else interested.

catmandu
09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
I WOULD LOVE THE CAT THAT ATE MODERN DANISH,WHICH INTRODUCED YUM YUM,AND THE CAT WHO SAW STARS,WHICH PUT FORTH,THE THEORY,THAT KOKO,IS AN ALIEN.AND THE CAT WHO KNEW A CARDINAL,IS ONE,OF THE BEST MYSTERIES.
THANK,YOU,AND YOUR MOTHER,BOTH,VERY MUCH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture747.jpg

jazzcat
09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Gary, I've set those aside for you. :)

Harmanie
09-19-2005, 03:12 PM
wow! so what typ of books are these? LIke obviously they are about cats but like is it a story?

wolflady
09-19-2005, 03:13 PM
How neat! I just love the cat who series. If it hasn't been claimed, I'd love to listen to the Cat Who Talked Turkey on CD. I have a 1.5 hour commute, but only a CD player in my car so that would work purrfect! :D

**hugs**

jazzcat
09-19-2005, 03:26 PM
wolflady - I'm waiting for Debbie and Randi to let me know which they want but if neither request the CD it's yours. :)

wolflady
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
wolflady - I'm waiting for Debbie and Randi to let me know which they want but if neither request the CD it's yours. :)

Thank you! :D You are so sweet to offer these up to us PTers. The Cat Who is a fun series, isn't it? :)

**hugs**

prechrswife
09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I love the series, but books on tape put me to sleep.:) Oh, well...

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
It's so sweet of you to share them. I love the Cat who books and have almost all of them.

I tend to fall asleep listening to tapes and cds though so none for me. I just wanted to give you a tumbs up for sharing with ones who would like them. :D

sirrahbed
09-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I also PM'd you Lori - but -

if there are lots of you guys who want to listen to a book but would not mind waiting....how about putting your name in and then I know I would gladly mail what I might receive from Lori to the next on the list and so on. I have no preference as to titles because these books are something I have been thinking I would really enjoy and have also been wanting to try the audio books. What do ya think??

This is sweet of you to share them Lori and I think keeping them in the PT family to circulate might be fun, too.

jazzcat
09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
That is a great idea Debbie. As soon as I know which ones Randi wants I will send the others to you Debbie and then if anyone else wants them please let Debbie know or start a list here and I'll include the list with Debbies package.

I'll still send the ones already requested to Gary, Randi and Wolflady.