PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming...

Desert Arabian
09-18-2005, 09:40 PM
For all those still in high school, when is your homecoming? Do you plan on going? What kind of dress do you want?

I am a senior in high school and this is the first school dance I am going to (pretty lame, eh!?) with my boyfriend Matt, I am so excited! We go to different schools, I am going to his which is on September 24th. My homecoming is October 8th, but he has a wedding to go to that day. :( I went down to Chicago and got a dress, just need to find some shoes and jewelry now.

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm also a senior in highschool, but I've been to every dance so far. :P Homecomings the past 3 years and Junior Prom.

The past three years for homecoming, I've wanted a NEW dress, something that really exencuates ME. Then Prom came around and my grandmother spent a near fortune (well, to me anyways, she can afford that) on my dress, shoes, jewelry, and more for prom. I realized how expensive Prom was, and I want my senior Prom to be even more fabulous! So instead of wasting money on a new dress (while my dresses are always pretty inexpensive - $20-$30), I'm going to wear one of my past dresses.

I'll probably post a thread about which one looks best. I've been losing a lot of weight and will continue, and so my past three dresses suddenly *fit* but I only like 2 of them right now on me. Ones plain black and very flowy and fits well. The other is a strapless black and pink striped dress. I really like both of them.

I have shoes to go with anything I could every wear - I'm a shoe-a-holic. ;) It's just the dress deciding that's difficult. If I do find a REALLY cheap dress (which is very possible) for like $10 or something and it fits, I'll get it - it'll just come out of my pocket because I feel bad that my parents are willing to pay for everything like that.

Post pictures of you and your dress! I'd love to see it.

Oh, and I usually take the same person every year. I take one of my really good friends, Brittany! However, this year, being my senior year, I'm going to try to take a guy. ;) I'll let her find her own way in (she's not a student at our school, so she needs a date that goes to out school). I'm not a lesbian or anything, I just take her and have a good time... I just think right now I'll have more fun with a guy. It's actually finding the right guy to take that's the MOST difficult part. Speaking from someone who's never had a boyfriend, eh, pretty hard.

Desert Arabian
09-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by buckner
I've been losing a lot of weight and will continue, and so my past three dresses suddenly *fit* but I only like 2 of them right now on me.

That is FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work girl! Doesn't it feel great to loose weight!? If I wore the dress I have now two years ago...everyone would clear the dance floor crying and I wouldn't even be able to fit in the darn dress to begin with, LOL.

Here is the dress. I took a picture the night I got it, that is not how I am going to have my hair, it will look MUCH better!! :p Don't plan on going barefoot either, hehe.
http://members.aol.com/DesertArabian87/dress3.JPG
It looks black but it is really navy blue.

CagneyDog
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I LOVE your dress! It looks great on you!

buckner
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Aww, but Laura, going barefoot makes the evening fun! :P

Your dress looks FABULOUS! You look great in it! :)

NoahsMommy
09-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Laura, you look great in your dress! :)

I went to one homecoming and one prom. It was fun...glad I went, but not the best nights ever. My school was so lame. :rolleyes:

Have fun! :) Will you post your dress pictures here??

Toby's my baby
09-19-2005, 07:12 AM
You do look great in your dress!!

Our homecoming was last Friday. I wasnt "in" it, but I went to the corination and then to the football game, and then to the dance. I have been to the homecoming dances and Sno-fest dances, as long as I have been able to :p. The homecoming dance was so much fun. This new guy at my school, asked me the night he first came to my school, adn the night he first met me to go with him to the dance. I said yes, then the next day, he asked me out (the day after he asked me to the dance, not after the dance) and I said yes, so it was even funner because I got to go with my boyfriend. Dances are so much fun, nobody should ever miss any of their dances :p.

Desert Arabian
09-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Welllllllll....I just might not be going to homecoming after all. Matt seriously sprained, possibly broke, his left ankle this evening at football practice...how wonderful. :rolleyes: When will he stop getting hurt!?! A couple of weeks ago he had his lower eyelid torn and his tear duct ripped. *sigh* :( I really hope we can still go, I am so excited.