PDA

View Full Version : ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

catnapper
09-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Ack! I'm ready to start sleeping in a separate bedroom. Hubby's snoring has gotten WORSE lately and he REFUSES to see a doctor because he knows he'll ask, "Why didn't you take the sleep apnea test like I directed?" Hubby has a royal problem with doctors. Right now his allergies are terrible. Rather than taking the nasal spray and Allergra as prescribed, he swears he "doesn't need them". Meanwhile, I am left with a lumberjack in my bed because his sinuses are under attack from ragweed and other end-of-summer allergens! :eek:

Here I am, bone tired on the computer because he's up there snoring his head off sounding like a frieght train. Just TRY to get him to roll over and snore in the other direction :rolleyes: :mad:

I swear, if I didn't have a "thing" about things in my ears, I'd be wearing earplugs to bed every night. I am seriously considering sleeping in my son's bed (don't worry, he's off at college! LOL).

slick
09-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Reason # 1,258 why I chose to remain single.

My SIL had that same problem until she convinced my brother to have laser sir jury....something to do with the uvula (sp?). Anyway, it fixed the problem and she no longer had to sleep in the spare room.

jenfer
09-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by slick
Reason # 1,258 why I chose to remain single.

lol. i agree. :D

NoahsMommy
09-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Oh Kim, I can empathize. David was the worst freaking snorer. While he would turn over, he'd fall asleep 2 seconds later and start a new snoring tune.

UGH!! That is the MOST ANNOYING noise at 2:00 a.m.!!

Hmmm....*goes to add that to my list of why I'm glad we're apart now! ;) *

mina'smomma
09-19-2005, 10:00 AM
I can't say that I sympathize Kim, but I'm sure my hubby can. I snore real bad when I have a sinus infection or I'm really stuffed up, but I also take a decongestant and Flonase for my allergies. I don't normally snore, but when it happens hubby sleeps in the living room leaving me in the bed. He also makes sure to prop me up to help with the drainage.

ramanth
09-19-2005, 10:09 AM
My dad just recently got diagnosed with sleep apnea. He would snore very loudly and sometimes stop breathing in his sleep. Scary stuff.

He now has a machine that helps open up his airway more at night and he (and my mom ;) ) are much happier.

I know docs can be scary, but I hope your husband gets checked out.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Have you tried ear plugs? They work wonders for me.

As an example, this past week we were camped about 50 yards from several very busy train tracks. Once I put the ear plugs in at night I didn't hear a thing! Others were complaining all week long about the noise of the trains. I said "What trains?" ;)

I get the squishy kind of ear plugs and then cut the tips off because they are too long and get uncomfortable. I wear them for a few weeks - until they get too grossly covered in ear wax :p , then take a new pair. A few years ago I bought a huge box of them from some industrial supply place for about $20.00, and I still have plenty left.

Barbara
09-19-2005, 10:32 AM
One of the 1,258 reasons why I'm happy we have different bedrooms:) BTW both have big beds;)

katienoonan
09-19-2005, 10:37 AM
My mom has sleep apnea and she had no idea. She slept in the bedroom next to mine and I couldn't sleep at all! I went and got my tape recorder and had it in my room for about ten minutes and then I put it in her room for about ten minutes. The next day I let her listen to it and she was so suprised at how LOUD she was. She went and had a sleep study. The next year my uncle was diagnosed because his daughter did the same thing I did. My mom and uncle both have to sleep with machines and night now but at least they don't stop breathing in their sleep anymore.

catnapper
09-19-2005, 10:41 AM
LOL.. everyone is so funny about being single!

I can sleep through a bomb exploding in my bed once I'm asleep; its GETTING TO SLEEP thats been the problem lately. His snoring is really bad and YES, I am worried about sleep apnea. So is his doctor but he canceled the test because he decided he couldn't afford the treatment if they did detrmine he had sleep apnea :rolleyes: and he wonders why he's so tired all fo the time (uh, because you wake up a million times a night!)

I love my big snoring guy, so I put up with the noise... but I tell you, its tempting to sleep in separate bedrooms to avoid listening to that cacophony every night! (ok, yes its a big word. I love that word... it is fun to say! :p)

Debbie, I simply CAN NOT stand anything in my ears. I can't even wear headphones or earmuffs. I tolerate my cell phone's handsfree because I HAVE to, and I make the call as short as humanly possible so I can rip the blasted thing out of my ear.

gini
09-19-2005, 11:01 AM
I know several people who have sleep apnea and they have gotten the machines and their spouses no longer complain.

It has to do with the quality of your life - and if you are tired all day long - hmmm - wouldn't you chose the alternative?

lvpets2002
09-19-2005, 11:49 AM
:D Yes I can relate to that for when I was married & OMG my Ex was bad bad like yours Kim & just like yours would not roll over or go see a doctor & ect.. Well long story short we have been divorced now for 10 yrs & dont miss it a bit && love just living with my furbabies..

CathyBogart
09-19-2005, 11:51 AM
You don't have to sleep in the same bed to have a good relationship. If it's costing you sleep, go sleep elsewhere. Maybe that will motivate him to get treatment. If not, then you both get a good night's sleep anyways.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-19-2005, 03:16 PM
My hubby is the snorring one here :rolleyes: . Oh my, sometimes it is as if he sawing trees with a chainsaw....:eek: . The problem is also that he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, where I usually stay awake for at least one hour...:( .
Last year I got really worn out because I didn't get enough sleep. The doctor suggested those yellow ear-plugs: you sqeeze them between your finger, then insert into the ear canal. My life has changed since then :) :) !! I only hear him now when his "chainsaw" gets overheated, LOL :p .
I am so sorry that you cannot stand plugs.... :(

One new problem now: it happens regularly that he says something to me, and I don't hear a thing. Then comes the "bump" on my back: "Hey, you deaf or something??"

LOL!!!!!

CalliesMom
09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
My husband sometimes sleeps on the couch because I SNORE so loud. I thought he was lying about my snoring but I had to share a room with another graduate student at a conference back in April and she said I kept her up all night. :eek:

I, too, have really bad allergies and have only been able to breathe out of one nostril for years now (I'm allergic to my kitties). I feel so bad for my hubby....but when he snores and keeps me awake, I will elbow him and he usually stops after a while. LOL :rolleyes:

K9karen
09-20-2005, 12:15 AM
What IS it with men and doctors?? Vanity? Fright? I mean, look at what we women have to go through yearly..and they call us the weaker sex! :mad: I know a few guys with sleep apnea. All refused (if they saw a doctor) to use the nightly breathing apparatus because it was too uncomfortable. Only one guy uses it ever since his wife tape recorded his snoring! They live 2 doors down from me. When I walked Cody or Logan past their house and the window was open, I could hear him from up the block! I was ready to call the cops! Maybe try "Breath Right" nose tapes as a start? If that doesn't work, I have lots of clothes pins I can send you! Jeesh! You must be exhausted.
Slick, you're a riot! That's a prerequisite question for me. But I'm not gonna get married either.

catnapper
09-20-2005, 07:28 AM
I was considering those Breathe Right strips, but he says they're a "way to waste money" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and IF I made a video of his snores..... he'd be FURIOUS with me for prooving him wrong :rolleyes:

Last night he whined that *I* woke him up by complaining he snored too loud to turn the other way.... he said that he can't sleep the other way. So I suggested we switch sides of the bed (I really couldn't care which side I sleep on) and HE can't sleep on the other side :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MEN!

Ooo.... he's darn lucky I love him or he'd have a pillow over his face one night! :p

Corinna
09-20-2005, 07:44 AM
I can Identify. After Tims cancer surjury it got worse(can't say much I do it to used to have allergies. ) But now with the shoulder messed up he has to get in werid postions to sleep , leaving me 2 inches of bed. I took over the dughters room and now for 8 years I get better sleep(still and insomniac) But I can leave the radio on and I don't sleep as deep and snore less.

Catsnclay
09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
We are going through this same thing right now! Tim has allergies and his allergist prescribed Astelin nasal spray and Alegra pills, and although it didn't stop the snoring, it really has made a HUGE difference!

Tim is also being scheduled for the sleep apena study, he finally agreed to it when I started sleeping in the spare bedroom. I need my sleep too!! :rolleyes:

Kim, if your hubby won't do the study, at least try to get him to take his medications, that will help some! Or start sleeping in another room.........that will make him do something quickly!! :D

Laura's Babies
09-20-2005, 10:51 AM
I snore and I have woke myself up snoring. I have sinus problems and year round allergies with seasonal flare ups and I take meds and use nose spray, have for many years. When the occasion comes that I have to spend the night at Rie's, she gets snoring in stero between me and her husband and she gets NO sleep. She always has been the lightest sleeper in the world anyway. I tease her and tell her "WHAT? Me snore? Nobody on the boat ever complaines about me snoring!"

Logan
09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh my gosh! A subject near and dear to my heart, for sure!!!! :o

My husband has horrible allergies, has a deviated septum, and probably has sleep apnea, too. He gets so tired, and appears to sleep like a rock, but in the end, it isn't restful sleep. Even his son has been diagnosed with sleep apnea at 10 years old, which is very, very unusual. Will he go to the doctor? NO. Will I move to another room? NO. Will I allow him to move to another room, which he has offered to do, numerous times? NO! The severity comes and goes, and lately things have been better. I am a terribly light sleeper, and like you, Kim, I can't tolerate the ear plugs, even though I have tried. I also worry about missing a noise I need to hear, like one of the children, the dogs, cats, etc. I know he will hear nothing because he sleeps so hard.

I find this hard to say, but I guess I will. I sleep much more soundly when he is not here, even if I do stay up later on those nights. I need nothing to help me sleep. Thank goodness for Ambien on the other nights. I don't take it every night, but I have it, just in case.

Logan