09-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Where did Paula's thread go?

I thought something was a bit fishy.

sammy101
09-18-2005, 08:49 PM
:confused: I guess she deleted it or something,i dont know?:confused:

buckner
09-18-2005, 08:50 PM
I had the same question. I didn't want to post anything in her mom's (or so she says?) thread about Paula, but something sounded a bit strange to me, too.

In all honesty, it reminded me of the Jessica story that happened here - not as tragic and made up.

Pardon me for doubting what was said that happened. Maybe it's just me...

CagneyDog
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
OOps, i just sent a message to Karen asking about it too.

buckner
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
:confused: I guess she deleted it or something,i dont know?:confused: But why would her "mother" delete a thread about her "daughter" getting hurt? - Many PTers were sending prayers and sympathy to Paula and her family - why delete that kind of thread?

That's what really made me start thinking.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Things like this just make me really upset.

"Paula" was someone well all cared about. But you look back. I posted about trouble with my mom and she posted almost IMMEDIATELY after about how she gets beat. Please tell me THAT wasn't a bit fishy? I hate it when people trick me. It's so hard to trust anyone. :(

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to throw myself a pity party, I'm just stating facts, whether or not you believe ME or not now is up to you. :(

*sigh*

CagneyDog
09-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Dont assume the worst guys :(

beeniesmom
09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
what happened?

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by CagneyDog
Dont assume the worst guys :( Unfortunately, I've always assumed this. I trust my instincts and vibes on a lot of things, unless there are cold hard facts in front of me. If something doesn't feel right, I don't trust it.

Paula may be real and she may be telling the truth, but right now I'm not believing it. My instincts tell me not to.

I've brought this up with many other people in the past and many of them agree and some are just too confused to tell. What Megan brought up is one of the many things that makes me feel leery of Paula and her stories.

sammy101
09-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by buckner
But why would her "mother" delete a thread about her "daughter" getting hurt? - Many PTers were sending prayers and sympathy to Paula and her family - why delete that kind of thread?

That's what really made me start thinking.

yeah thats true.i just hope its not the worst:( ,but sounds like it may be.

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
what happened? Paula's mom (supposedly, that's the one of the ideas some of us are pondering) posted today about her daughter falling down the stairs - she broke her foot and had a concussion, among other things. She'll be in the hospital for several days. Some of us (I say us, but not me) posted about wanting a hospital to send e-cards to or snail mail cards to, or something similar. She never responded, as far as I know. And I noticed just recently she deleted the thread.

Why would her mother do that when we're all sending good vibes her way?

It sounds tragic, and God forbid something like this actually happening to one of our dear friends of ours, but it does sound weird to me. Just my opinion.

beeniesmom
:confused: Are you talking about Paula... lexilover?
What happened?

CagneyDog
Originally posted by buckner

I've brought this up with many other people in the past and many of them agree and some are just too confused to tell. What Megan brought up is one of the many things that makes me feel leery of Paula and her stories.

I must admit I thought the same thing at first but the only reason I'm not going to assume the worst is because if she is truly in the hospital I would feel awful for thinking this, and I think we should give her, or her mom time to explain it instead of jumping on her,

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
:confused: Are you talking about Paula... lexilover?
What happened? Yes.

Look at my above post for what happened.

slleipnir
09-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I find it hard to believe thingslike this after the whole Jessica thing. I HONESTLY believed the Jessica story and was really upset...I duno, it instantly reminded me of that...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I think that's what happened.

A few people asked for information on where to send cards and our dear "Paula" got scared and deleted it.

*sigh*

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by CagneyDog
I must admit I thought the same thing at first but the only reason I'm not going to assume the worst is because if she is truly in the hospital I would feel awful for thinking this, and I think we should give her, or her mom time to explain it instead of jumping on her, I felt the same way, but I can't apologize for my feelings and my instincts. I feel what I feel and nothing can change that. However, any PTers here were burned last time they didn't want to jump to that conclusion about someone that was a close friend of many. And I've been burned in the past too and I've learned to trust my instincts and vibes more and more.

Again, God forbid anything like this actually happening to someone close to me... but I can't apologize for feeling this way. :/

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I find it hard to believe thingslike this after the whole Jessica thing. I HONESTLY believed the Jessica story and was really upset...I duno, it instantly reminded me of that... I wasn't around during the time of Jessica, but someone referred to it sometime ago and I searched for it. So while I wasn't friends with Jessica, it did make me mad that someone would go to that extreme. And I did feel burned, but not directly.

And because I knew of the Jessica thing, it automatically reminded me of her.. UGGGHHH.

sammy101
09-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I just e-mailed her,i'm going to see if she replies back. Not right now but sometime soon though.

Paula,if you did what i think you did..hmmm...i dont know what to say.

beeniesmom
09-18-2005, 09:10 PM
oh... she must be a very lonley person to make up stories about herself. :(
sheeshhhh

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2005, 09:12 PM
That's what bugs me. The fact that she posted right after I did about being beat and hit all the time, then like three days later, her and her family have never loved each other more.

This is all a freaking hoax, there's too much pointing TOWARD hoax than there is against it. Enough said.

Some people. :(

popcornbird
09-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I honestly felt the same suspicion when I saw/posted on the thread. After that Jessica incidence, I find it hard to trust someone when the 'mom' comes and posts stuff like that. Honestly...even if I always blabbed about PT at home, if something like that happened to me (God forbid), NO ONE in my family would be posting on PT. I truly doubt it. They would be at the hospital WITH me. Weird, but something I've always suspected ever since her 'mom' signed up.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Not surprising at all.

Some people honestly need lives if they're forced to come to an internet message board and seek attention like this.

Very sad.

popcornbird
09-18-2005, 09:40 PM
You know what really bothers me? There are so many PT'ers here that have genuinely gone through tragic times, and NEEDED our prayers, love, and sympathy. To make up something FAKE like that is a shame...and its like the person doing it just wants 'sympathy', which is unjustified, because such a person doesn't NEED sympathy. Those that deserve our prayers are those that TRULY need them. We don't need fakers to take prayers away from PT'ers that genuinely need them. If Paula was really hurt, and this was really her mom, the thread would not have been deleted. Neither Karen nor Paul would delete such a thread. The fact that it was DELETED is enough proof for me that something is very, very wrong. We don't need to waste our emotions on people who don't need them. Liars shouldn't get our love, prayers, and sympathy. I too believed Jessica at the beginning, but not this time. I have always felt strange about Lexi Lover...from the very beginning. Something was just not right. Her posts didn't feel genuine to me. I'm not saying they weren't, but it just seemed that way. Overly excited posts seem fake to me...always. This is the EXACT reason I have somewhat SADLY, lost interest in PT. I just feel like I can't trust anyone besides the long time members that we ALL know, or those that I personally have come to know deeply.

Sad that anyone would need to do this. Get a life...please.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
I, too, have lost a bit of intrest in Pet Talk. Too many immature kids wanting attention. I agree with PCB to a tee. :(

The way I feel right now, "Paula" doesn't even deserve to be forgiven. In no way has she deserved respect here. I hope she realizes what a mistake she has made.

Desert Arabian
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Darn it! I completely missed it! Oh well. At least she didn't break her foot after falling of "her horse". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(edited, I said "arm" instead of "foot")

buckner
09-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Desert Arabian
Darn it! I completely missed it! Oh well. At least she didn't break her arm after falling of her horse. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Lol.

Were you around when Jessica was here? It was basically a re-enactment of that. Nothing you really missed...

K9soul
09-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I was fooled once by someone awhile back and I've been quite cautious in simply believing everything I read since. I've felt some doubts since the incident with "Country," which happened conveniently after people questioned if Country existed. I have suspected for awhile, with many of the quite dramatic threads mimicking things that have happened to others, i.e. Lexi's tail hurt after Kiara's tail was hurt, Lexi getting bloat after Dale got it, the abuse thread mentioned and so on.

Paula, if you are reading this and things are the way they appear, I realize you are most likely wanting more than anything to feel loved and cared about, but you would have been without creating stories like this. You've always seemed to want so badly to be liked and be a part of things, and I understand your need. I just don't know what to say though at this point, when you destroy people's trust it is very very difficult to regain it. I know you must be very sad and alone. I hope though, that you can be brave enough to come clean with everyone.

Desert Arabian
09-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I remember that whole thing, pathetic beyond words..just like this AND the horse bullpoo. :)

kittycats_delight
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I know everyone is convinced this was Paula looking for attention and then running scared but what if she is really hurt? I mean if she was really living in an abusive situation no one is going to say that is how she got injured. I asked to know the hospital she was in and if in fact she was injured due to abuse then that would very well be a reason to delete that thread. There would be no way to cover it up if I were to go there and see her firsthand. I am not saying for certain it was not fabricated but it could just as likely be true as it could be false. If this had happened to one of us and for some reason we all started to believe it was all a lie and came back to find everyone had turned against us how would we feel. I can't take the chance no matter how small that she is being truthful and will come back after something like what supposedly happened to see everyone she thought was her friends turn against her especially if this was abuse related. If she really is injured she will need our support. I just think we need to give her the benefit of the doubt and wait and see. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes right now if all this is true and I wouldn't want to be in her shoes when she found out all her friends her turned on her so quickly without real proof. Give her a chance. I just can't imagine being in that situation.

PJ's Mom
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I honestly felt the same suspicion when I saw/posted on the thread.

Me too. That's why I didn't post in the thread.

Really, I've got better things to do that to participate in childish drama. :rolleyes:

K9soul
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
kkd, you are right that I seriously doubt the genuineness of the original thread, but it's due to suspicions and feelings that have been building up for months now, a lot of coincidental threads and happenings, things not explained and threads later erased when it was questioned. This is not a snap assumption on my part, however I don't feel "turning" on her and being hateful is right either. If she has been making up stories, it probably isn't to play with people's emotions but because she wanted to feel loved and cared about. I'm saddened by it, both because it is wrong and because of the unhappiness that probably compelled it, and yes there is a chance that we could be coming to the wrong conclusion, but there are just so many things that have made me wonder about her truthfulness in the past. I do hope one way or another she will be able to tell us the truth in all this.

I do feel Paula and Lexi are real. I don't feel Country was real, or Chiquita (never mentioned again after the initial introductions, or added to the pets in her sig). I doubt Lexi hurt her tail a few days after Kiara, that she got bloat. I certainly hope that Paula was never beaten and abused. But if she started a thread about it after Megan talked about it, that is often the pattern I noticed that made me wonder.

CagneyDog
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Who was Chiquita? Is that the rabbit?

K9soul
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
A horse.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74955&highlight=chiquita

Daisy and Delilah
09-18-2005, 10:33 PM
This is very surprising and disturbing to me. I never thought anything was amiss but I don't know about all the other(Jessica, Country)stories either.
Could someone explain to me why Paula's Mom would send in that thread(I did post to that)and then delete it. Sorry, I'm a little confused. Was it not really her Mom posting? Thanks in advance to anyone who could fill me in.

buckner
09-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Daisy and Delilah
This is very surprising and disturbing to me. I never thought anything was amiss but I don't know about all the other(Jessica, Country)stories either.
Could someone explain to me why Paula's Mom would send in that thread(I did post to that)and then delete it. Sorry, I'm a little confused. Was it not really her Mom posting? Thanks in advance to anyone who could fill me in. I guess we won't really ever know the truth to either question.

In my opinion, if it WAS her mom, she wouldn't have deleted that thread. It had to be Paula realizing that she couldn't answer the questions.. she basically dug her grave on that one.

However, I don't know why her mom would delete it, if it WAS her.

But like Poppy said - No matter how much I talk about Pet Talk, my parents would never come on here and post about something tragic happening to me. That would be their last thought. Someone might be told through the phone or something similar, and them someone else telling someone else, and it getting to someone on PT, and it then it be posted. But my parents would never come on here and go "Oh, Sara fell down the stairs and broke her foot. Please pray for her."

It all just seems WAY too fishy and I don't believe a single word of it, and haven't since the very beginning. Something about Paula has turned me off.

Kfamr
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM
-sigh- :(

slleipnir
09-18-2005, 10:58 PM
For all I know, she IS making it all up for attention..or whatever......It's horrible, yes, and it's sad if she feels the need to do this....

We don't know what goes on in her life that would make her do this. I do know she said she could make me a tug rope for Zeke and that she made so many of them (but she couldn't take a picture of one?) she was suppose to make a "mock"one to show me how she does it...never did.

But hey, most deserve a second chance...I believe anyway.

Karen
09-18-2005, 11:03 PM
No, I do not know what happened to the thread. Paula has not been on Pet Talk. Her mother has, and I asked her about the thread being deleted, and she said she didn't do it. She said Paula's doing okay, is in the hospital and should be home in a few days.

Do NOT assume the worst.

We do not know what happened to the thread, it may be an database error.
Paul is working on upgrading the BBS software, we will let you know when that will happen.

Please keep Paula (and Lexi, who keeps watching the door waiting for her) in your prayers.