PDA

View Full Version : Just like cats.

reddice
09-18-2005, 05:49 PM
I like cats but I hate dogs. Sorry but since I had bad experiences with dogs I don't like them. I find cats are cute. Their meow is cute unlike a dog with its bark I find loud and annoying.

I grew up my enite life with cats. We had a dog downstaris which did not like me. When he passed away since I was a kid I though I would feel glad when he passed away but even though I was afraid of him I feel sorry now. I was able to go downstars without having to put him into the yard. I was afraid of him. I had three cats upstaris and Coco was my buddy for the long time that we had him.

After they passed away we did not have cats for about two years then we got the two cats that we have now. I love them and they are both my buddys and cute.

moosmom
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Everyone has their quirks. But I gotta tell ya, if I didn't like a dog or any kind of animal, I certainly wouldn't advertise it on ''PET OF THE DAY" I'd keep it to myself. That just my opinion.

catnapper
09-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm sorry you have a fear of dogs. I love my cats, and I love my dog. I love all animals - even the ones I consider creepy crawly.

My grandmom grew up with an intense fear of cats. She passed her intense dislike of cats to my dad. He is utterly AMAZED at what wonderful creatures cats are when he comes to visit me and watches my cats in action. I hope to completely reform him before long. He's cracking... I can see it! :D He spoke with affection the last time he asked about my cats. ;)

I do hope that someday you learn to look past your previous bad experiences and learn to love dogs. They are more than barking monsters. They are smart, loving companions. I don't know what I'd do without my sweet, loving, wimpy girl.

kittycats_delight
09-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by reddice
I like cats but I hate dogs.

This line kinda slapped me in the face first off but then

Originally posted by reddice
When he passed away I was glad.

This line blew me away. How can you be glad when an animals passes away? That's just mean. First I figured the poster was possibly a kid but not according to profile. I mean according to profile this person was born in 1977 making them 28 years old. I think really if they had a grain of sense they would not disregard others feelings and say something so vile without atleast jusitfying but then again I don't think it is justifiable at all. This is a site for PETLOVERS not just catlovers. Many work very hard to destroy the stereotypes that this poster has put across. It is unfortunately due to people like the poster that there is BSL.

poofy
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
This is the most arrogant display of animal hate , and to do it on PT will not win you any friends.Its a shame you had a bad expericnce , but my daughter lost a piece of her thigh to a dog when she was young and has 2 big dogs now and loves all animals..I also got bit by a dog when i was a child and i love animals. I love cats to..I dont have one..but i know a lot of peole that do and I love to take pic of them and play with them..
You should watch where you post those kind of thoughts..one animal does mean they are all like that , you just never took the time to try to give dogs a chance..your words sound awfully , i hope they dont show the true character of the person you are..

catmandu
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
TO BE GLAD,WHEN SOME ONES PET DIES,IS A LITTLE CALLOUS.I WAS NEARLY KILLED,BY A GERMAN SHEPHERD,WHEN I WAS 5,AND HAD A TERRIBLE FEAR,OF DOGS.
I JOINED THE SHELTER,AS A VOLUNTEER,TIO LERAN,TO FACE MY FERAS,AND BE ABLE,TO BE AROUND DOGS.
I NEVER WOULD BE HAPPY,WHEN ONE,OF GODE CREATIONS,DIES ,NEVER,BECAUSE,OF A BADLY TRAINED DOG,NEARLY FIFTY YEARS AGO.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos818.jpg

reddice
09-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Just my first expreience with a dog, by the way his name was Charlie which lived downstars did not like me. What I should have said was when I was a kid I felt like I was glad that passed away because I did not know any better but then I saw how sad my uncle was and now I don't wish that on any animal. Just when I was a kid he was big and I was afraid of him. Our first cats lived upstars with me and to me they were cute furry things. Same goes with Cookie which is the mother of the cats.

When my aunts dog died which she got after Cookie which he was only 6 I felt sad. He was domining and I felt nervious around him but of course now I love animals and I do not wish him dead or anything.

By the way the only dogs I get along with is my cousin Dom's dog but even around them I feel nervious.

Our current cats I feel safe with.

momcat
09-18-2005, 08:05 PM
I love cats, especially my Groucho. I also love all the cats here on Pet Talk.. looking at their pictures, laughing at their cute antics, praying for those PT kitties who are sick, and letting tears go when a PT kitty crosses the Rainbow Bridge. I also love dogs... big dogs, little dogs, fuzzy dogs, baby dogs. I had two dogs that were wonderful companions and my life is better because I had them. When my son was a baby, our dog at the time was very protective of the baby. Nobody was getting to him unless I told the dog it was okay. This dog was very gentle with my infant son, they played together almost constantly and were great pals. A dog is a living being just like any other being. I find your comment of being glad when the dog died to be offensive to an extreme. All animals are a very special gift from God and should be treated with kindness and gentleness. If this is how you feel, PT is not the place for you. This is a place where people who truly love all animals, not just the cats that have taken over our hearts and our homes, come to share that love. To us EVERY animal is special!

reddice
09-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I feel stupid for saying that. Just my cats that I have now I really love them.

I am not a jerk against dogs. When I hear on the news about a innocent dog getting abused I feel sorry and angry at the person who did it. I also feel good when the ASPCA recuses them. Just when I see them resuce cats to I feel good too.

Since I grew up with cats I just like them more.

poofy
09-18-2005, 08:23 PM
im glad to see more character there..hope you really feel that way and can be that forgiveinig..

Karen
09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Perhaps as you get to know some of the dogs around Pet Talk they can help you see that dogs can be wonderful, too.