PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Again

K9karen
09-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Yuck. I'm getting a little tired and disgusted. We have a mole infestation so Klo has been digging up our lawn (catches a few), which I hate, but can handle. But for about the 5th time, I caught her (early evening this time) rolling like a mad/happy dog across our lawn. She winds up stinking so bad, especially around her neck and face,it makes me gag. I don't see what she's been rolling in. At first I thought it was rabbit poop but there's nothing there. It's a strong, musky odor. And in the past I learned that wetting it makes it 10x worse. So in the dusk, I got a bucket with shampoo and washed her off. This time with the soap it helped a lot but then I had a wet dog in the house. Anyone know a product I can use do remove the odor without bathing her so late? I mean, I can handle a lot, but this stench is awful and sickening. It gets on my hands when I touch her. I can't get near her until I try to get it off. It's not skunk, but may as well be. It's the only time I get so angry with her ( she's doing what comes naturally but I get mad because I'm confused what to do)

NoahsMommy
09-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Oh no!! That's really frustrating. :(

Sorry I don't have any solutions. Hope someone here can help. :)

cyber-sibes
09-18-2005, 08:28 AM
i don't know about anything that will work without bathing, but here's a great, cheap, home-made stink stopper called skunk-remedy that works (I used it last week on mine). If it works on skunk, it'll work on anything!
http://home.earthlink.net/~skunkremedy/home/

Jadapit
09-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Omg, I have never seen a mole in my life. We dont have them around here. They would probably freak me out.:eek: Are they ugly? Jada has been sprayed by a skunk twice, Diamond once. I used that recipe cyber-sibes posted. It worked like a charm.:)

K9karen
09-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Thx. After I posted I went on Google and found the solution you all mentioned. Thankfully, the regular soap and water worked fine. Klo smells fine. Moles are little black hairy rats with long skinny pink noses and long talon-like nails for digging tunnels.Usually after a rain, they surface so when Klo digs, she catches them. They either die from shock or play possum, I'm not sure. All I know is that she doesn't draw blood, just carries them around like a toy and WON'T drop it! One time she dropped it and it awoke and quickly tried to burrow but she grabbed it by the butt. I ran in and got garden gloves, somehow distracted her and got it. It didn't move so it may have died. Two weeks ago, she got one, dropped it, and me, without gloves, grabbed it by it's skin on it's back. Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! It's hairy and slimey. Luckily I have a strong stomach was but still skeved. I washed my hands with every bacterial soap in the house plus alcohol. They eat grubs and make your lawn mushy and leave trails and the grass brown. Hard to get rid of, you have to find the burrows. Be thankful you don't have them. I must get ferral cats. They kill them at night when the come out. It really is the best solution! How'd you like your lesson 101 on moles?