PDA

View Full Version : Ever walk in the rain?

slleipnir
09-17-2005, 11:50 PM
It's been pouring rain all day...I worked night shift tonight, so I didn't actually see it all night (work downstairs...no windows) so I got home around 1:30am and was like "I REALLY wanna walk in this!" I have NO idea WHY I wanted to....Usually I DON'T want to get wet...but I guess seening I wasn't going out anywhere, it didn't matter that my hair got all wet and crappy. I took Zeke with me and went for a short walk...Zeke HATES water. We got to the end of the drive way, he peed then ran back to the door and looked at me. I was like "uhh...we're WALKING Zeke" and he followed me but didn't wanna come! On the way back though he kept trying to run home, seeing I had him off leash (no way dogs would be out this time of night in the pouring rain plus I only went up the road and held him if a car went past) but I just have to tell him to wait for me. Once we crossed the road and were almost at the drive way, I told him "OK!!!" and he dashed to the door..:o haha It's so weird he doesn't even want to go for a walk (which he LOVES) if it's raining...

So, am I weird or do other people like it sometimes?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I love the rain. Great to think in. :)

Lady's Human
09-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I don't do anything voluntarily that the army has ordered me to do....LOL

CagneyDog
09-18-2005, 01:53 AM
I love it.. Every time its raining you can find me outside...especially when Im upset...its calming.

Samantha Puppy
09-18-2005, 08:38 AM
I hate getting wet, so no - if it's raining and I don't have an umbrella, I'm dashing to wherever I need to go.

As for Samantha - it seems as though she's taken after her prissy, girly-girl mommy and hates it as well. She would hold it all day if my husband and I didn't MAKE her go out. Nerd.

petslover
09-18-2005, 09:39 AM
I don't like to bet wet either. so i would have to vote no.. but your story about Zeke made me giggle.

moosmom
09-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I LOVE to walk in the rain, as long as it's not thundering and lightening out. I laugh when people run, saying, "Oh my God, I'm getting soaked!!!" Hey! It's only water!!!

lizbud
09-18-2005, 11:28 AM
I do like to walk in the rain, as long as there's no lightning
going on. A nice light rain is cool to walk in.:)

kuhio98
09-18-2005, 11:46 AM
I love to walk in the rain. Without an umbrella. Getting soaked to the skin. Then home to a warm bubble bath. Ahhhhh Also like to walk in the snow when big, fluffy snowflakes are coming down. I'm sorry, but I laugh at people with umbrellas. They are missing the fun (unless, of course, you're on your way to something important and you don't want to show up looking like a wet dog). :D

elizabethann
09-18-2005, 12:20 PM
When the dogs gotta pee & poop...he's gotta pee & poop. I love walking in the rain. It's good for your skin (a natural moisturizer). I went to the beach yesterday and walked in the rain with Fenway. It was misting at first so he didn't mind it but then it started to come down a little harder and he was like, "yikes...lets get back to the car quick!" I could have walked for miles in the rain if he'd let me.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-18-2005, 12:21 PM
I love to do that when it is warm, it is soooo refreshing then.
Most people always start running when it starts raining :rolleyes: ; I NEVER do that, Getting a bit wet never killed anybody ;)
Last week when I came out of the grocery store with a full shopping cart, it was raining VERY hard. Other women waited till it was a bit better; but did Lut do this??? NOOOOO, I walked to my car, and took all the time needed to load everything into the trunk:) . Then I brought the cart back to the "cart-alley". Oh my, I was SOAKING wet http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20939%20big_laughsmilie.gif

lisalee
09-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Yes, I do walk occasionally in the rain but with an umbrella. I really enjoy being out in the rain, it's so relaxing. I enjoy walking in the snow even more! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
I love walking in the rain, and no, you're not weird!!:D:D:D

carole
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Personally I would rather avoid the rain, as I am out in it often helping my daughter deliver some of her papers, and today it is blowing a gale and rainy and cold and I have a cold , so NO I am not looking forward to that one little bit.

However I can understand going out in a nice sun shower or a mild drizzle, that I don't really mind at all.

I guess it all comes down to whether you have a choice or not.:)

Desert Arabian
09-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I haven't walked in the rain for quite some time, seeing how it hasn't rained for the past two months, but I do love to walk in the rain. I remember one time my friend Amy and I went mud wrestling during a downpour, that was a blast! Horseback riding in the rain is a hoot too...swimming on horseback while it is raining is a double bonus.

Suki Wingy
09-18-2005, 11:52 PM
the rain is a blessing! I also agree it is great for thinking, I go outside and walk or stand in it all the time.

king2005
09-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Your not the only one.

I remember this huge rain storm when I was 16. I was playing D&D downtown with a bunch of friends, when we all ran outside & played in the flooded street. it was about 2 feet deep & we had a blast :)

Sus
09-20-2005, 07:14 AM
... and I just had to post a reply too! I love walking in the rain! I love the sound of it - the drops falling on the leaves, the drizzling sound of water running down the street, and I love the way everything smells! The air feels wonderfully clean and sharp to inhale and everything smells stronger: Earth, mouldy leaves, etc. :) :)

I hate getting soaked, though! :eek: Can't stand the feeling of water beginning to run down my neck inside my collar, or my hair getting wet! Yikes!

And I do remember, how the family dog used to hate it... she usually looked as if someone had just hit her (not that we ever did, mind!) and she would constantly gaze up at my face, hoping (and begging!) that we would go home soon! ;)

Love,
Sus and Bella